PDA

View Full Version : Newzbin2 rival site

americanguy
08-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Newzbin2 news post:

A couple of our ex-editors and a Editor admin have decided to start up a rival site. fine so far, we don't have an issue with having rivals. They hope to make a lot of money, so they say. Again, fine: an honest business that succeeds deserves its profit.

Alas, the rival site is not honest.

These rogue colleagues abused our, and your, trust by scraping your email addresses from admin pages accessible only to them. We have not, and would not, disclose your email to a third party without your prior consent.

We apologise to those of you who have had these emails but please be assured that we were not responsible and it is only (so far as we can tell) your email address that they have stolen. We hope that if you are spammed by them you will treat their email in the way traditionally reserved for spam.

We hope you won't join them and reward their theft but if you are tempted to just consider this: if they would screw us when we've befriended them & given them rewards, would you be happy giving them your email address and credit card details? And what would people like this do if the MPA/RIAA demanded your details from them?

Please don't disclose the name of the rival site in comments as we don't want to give them link juice.

This is funny because the Newzbin2 stole the sites source code from the original Newzbin crew after the site was ordered to shutdown in the UK.

If anyone knows the name of this site please post it.

Thanks

engine9
08-02-2012, 04:16 PM
I guess it's us

admin3
08-05-2012, 03:11 AM
http://www.ngrblog.com/tag/newzbin-rival/

looks like whitey is really worried

Cabalo
08-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Is this by any chance a covert attempt to advertise a similar site to FST here?

engine9
08-05-2012, 07:04 AM
actually i didn't want to reply to the original post but then we got an email from FSTAdmin asking us "We're wondering if you're possibly interested in advertising on the site..."
so i though it was ok to post the link,

Anyway, your site, your rules.