PDA

View Full Version : Private Trackers banning countries. Is it Racism or not ?

RizKhan25000
05-07-2013, 01:51 PM
To tackle the subject question we have first to understand the meaning/concept of racism. In simple words an discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, language, customs, place of birth or any factor that supposedly reveals the basic nature of that person.... is called racism. for explanation the following links defines the term in great detail.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism
http://archive.adl.org/hate-patrol/racism.asp
http://www.globalissues.org/article/165/racism
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/racism

Now coming to the subject question. "Private Trackers banning countries. Is it Racism or not ?"
Let us understand what happens when a tracker bans a country. The people from that country are not allowed into the tracker based on their nationality. To me it comes very very close to racism.. but may be I am wrong. Discuss...

absent_today
05-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Have u gone mad?

RizKhan25000
05-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Intelligent Answer !

norway
05-07-2013, 03:43 PM
u from pakistan or this arabien contryes, manny of this trackers dont want have contrys like araibien contryes, its nothing with rasime at all,manny contry are ban simpel its that

absent_today
05-07-2013, 03:49 PM
How is this related to racist ?

norway
05-07-2013, 03:54 PM

bec this arabian contryes are not velkommen to privat tracker manny of them are leecer them downl and run. hit and run, this not racist at all, that b...... from him

IdolEyes787
05-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm assuming that it would be entirely futile for me to point out that race is a function of genetics and not politics or location so banning countries cannot be racist.

Anyway some cultures are more in tune with fucking other people over and I doubt anyone can dispute that sad fact.

I'm talking Canadian of course as we're mental from the snow.

absent_today
05-07-2013, 04:25 PM
BCG recently banned India from signup (I find this hilarious) that tracker is open but signup is not.The only reason why a country is banned is most [not all] are not good torrent users.

RizKhan25000
05-07-2013, 04:34 PM

I'm assuming that it would be entirely futile for me to point out that race is a function of genetics and not politics or location so banning countries cannot be racist.

Anyway some cultures are more in tune with fucking other people over and I doubt anyone can dispute that sad fact.

I have taken the definition of race from the following link and applied bold to make it more understandable.
"Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, or social affiliation."

taken from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_%28classification_of_human_beings%29

n00bz0r
05-07-2013, 05:53 PM
To tackle the subject question we have first to understand the meaning/concept of racism. In simple words an discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, language, customs, place of birth or any factor that supposedly reveals the basic nature of that person.... is called racism. for explanation the following links defines the term in great detail.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism
http://archive.adl.org/hate-patrol/racism.asp
http://www.globalissues.org/article/165/racism
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/racism

Now coming to the subject question. "Private Trackers banning countries. Is it Racism or not ?"
Let us understand what happens when a tracker bans a country. The people from that country are not allowed into the tracker based on their nationality. To me it comes very very close to racism.. but may be I am wrong. Discuss...

Are you fucking high? :huh:
Having an account on a tracker is not your right. Its a privilege.
A private BT tracker is not a democracy. The site staff members reserve the right to make w/e rules they want, to ensure the sustenance of their tracker. These rules are not subject to pointless debates initiated by delusional dweebs.

You don't like the rules, you pack your shit, GTFO and join some other site that'd have you as a member. On the interwebz, you are nothing but a virtual fucking entity.
History, Geography, Linguistics and Ethnicity have got nothing to do with your ass being banned. Its just that you happen to be stuck at a location with an IP address within a range of known fuckwads. Its much easier to ban the entire range than a single IP every time one of your neighbors fucks up. An American/Briton/Canadian will be subject to same ban if (s)he is unfortunate enough to be in your hood with an IP within the same IP Range. How difficult is that to understand this concept, and where/how the fuck does race kick in?

RizKhan25000
05-07-2013, 06:11 PM
A private BT tracker is not a democracy. The site staff members reserve the right to make w/e rules they want, to ensure the sustenance of their tracker. These rules are not subject to pointless debates initiated by delusional dweebs.

You don't like the rules, you pack your shit, GTFO and join some other site that'd have you as a member. On the interwebz, you are nothing but a virtual fucking entity.
History, Geography, Linguistics and Ethnicity have got nothing to do with your ass being banned. Its just that you happen to be stuck at a location with an IP address within a range of known fuckwads. Its much easier to ban the entire range than a single IP every time one of your neighbors fucks up. An American/Briton/Canadian will be subject to same ban if (s)he is unfortunate enough to be in your hood with an IP within the same IP Range. How difficult is that to understand this concept, and where/how the fuck does race kick in?

Interesting I have only applied the bold and size 7.

n00bz0r
05-07-2013, 06:19 PM

Interesting I have only applied the bold and size 7.

That pretty much sums your OP up.

IdolEyes787
05-07-2013, 08:49 PM

I have taken the definition of race from the following link and applied bold to make it more understandable.
"Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, or social affiliation."

taken from

I'm assuming that it would be entirely futile for me to point out that anyone can edit Wikipedia with whatever inaccuracies they feel so inclined to add.
Btw by your definition I can now proudly assert that FST is populated by a race of spastics. :)

Are you fucking high? http://i.fststatic.com/smilies/huh.gif

You have an exceedingly foul mouth for a Jew.

anon
05-07-2013, 09:34 PM
The following video is mandatory at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXT0gOk1Ogw

ghurka
05-07-2013, 10:31 PM

taken from

One thing you are sadly overlooking is that racism is where a race of people are persecuted for no reason. If you had a shop and every Albanian who came into that shop stole from you then you would ban Albanians from your shop. It's not racism its self preservation. Show me one country that has been banned from BT sites for no good reason.

You are confusing racism with banning scum.

IdolEyes787
05-07-2013, 11:21 PM
One thing you are sadly overlooking is that racism is where a race of people are persecuted for no reason. If you had a shop and every Albanian who came into that shop stole from you then you would ban Albanians from your shop. It's not racism its self preservation. Show me one country that has been banned from BT sites for no good reason.

Ever heard of the term profiling?I think you just did it.
I'm going to go along with a good number of legal systems and believe that not every Black/Muslim/Albanian/etc is actually intending harm and call what you said pretty discriminatory and reason for your case being toss out of court.:mellow:

Btw I know that not every Black is bad as I've seen Al Jolson movies and Amos and Andy.

pootystomp
05-08-2013, 03:03 AM
Btw I know that not every Black is bad as I've seen Al Jolson movies and Amos and Andy.

and Cleavon Little

n00bz0r
05-08-2013, 04:07 AM
Are you fucking high? http://i.fststatic.com/smilies/huh.gif

You have an exceedingly foul mouth for a Jew.

I was told the same by the rabbi on my bar mitzvah :ermm:

IdolEyes787
05-08-2013, 10:31 AM

and Cleavon Little

Until this precise moment I never realized Cleavon was such a genius with the blackface.

ghurka
05-08-2013, 08:27 PM

I'm going to go along with a good number of legal systems and believe that not every Black/Muslim/Albanian/etc is actually intending harm and call what you said pretty discriminatory and reason for your case being toss out of court.:mellow:

Btw I know that not every Black is bad as I've seen Al Jolson movies and Amos and Andy. Strange you mention profiling because I use profiling tools in my job every day and they do work. Btw you wouldn't be a very successful shopkeeper.

IdolEyes787
05-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Strange you mention profiling because I use profiling tools in my job every day and they do work. Btw you wouldn't be a very successful shopkeeper.
The question isn't whether it gives results or not,the question is if it's right.

There's a wonderful exchange in a song by Rise Against which goes

"What you don't understand is that it's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

"You had it backwards. It's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees".

Racial profiling, cowardly assuming guilt in an effort to protect yourself against threats which may not even exist, is living on your knees.

Btw of the many things I regret not being good at ,shopkeeper isn't one.

absent_today
05-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Can someone explain the point of banning signup but allowing tracker usage

anon
05-09-2013, 01:44 AM

Letting the good members from the banned country/ies remain.

Quarterquack
05-09-2013, 02:37 AM

:shifty:

absent_today
05-09-2013, 02:34 PM

Letting the good members from the banned country/ies remain.
So new users can use proxy to signup ? And no point in banning interview of What

n00bz0r
05-11-2013, 04:05 AM

megabyteme
05-11-2013, 06:08 AM
Strange you mention profiling because I use profiling tools racism in my job every day and they do work.

- Hilter LA Police Dept. shopkeepers

Good to know old tools can be put to new uses, safely and effectively.

Btw of the many things I regret not being good at ,shopkeeper isn't one.

It's nice to know you don't utilize racial profiling in your job as ghey male prostitute. And wouldn't you be more of a "slopkeeper"?

IdolEyes787
05-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah but with Hitler it was the Jews so he obviously had a point.Btw sorry Anne Frank but you were clearly as much to blame for Germany losing WWI as anyone. I would tell you to live with it but well ,you know.

And wouldn't you be more of a "slopkeeper"?
No that position was already filled by your wife.

05-12-2013, 04:00 AM
u from pakistan or this arabien contryes, manny of this trackers dont want have contrys like araibien contryes, its nothing with rasime at all,manny contry are ban simpel its that

Racism and ignorance come hand in hand. And, you just proved it.

Bravo

stoi
05-14-2013, 02:01 PM
We do not alllow Proxy/VPN signups, we disable the accounts for this exact reason (even though I dont really agree with it or even the banning of whole countries but thats another story).

absent_today
05-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Was there any specific reason why India was added to Banned countries recently ?

zaxxonite
05-15-2013, 05:18 PM
You take the last 500 accounts that got banned, sort them on Country, and global ban the top 5. This is making life easier for a site op.

IdolEyes787
05-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Was there any specific reason why India was added to Banned countries recently ?
A disproportionately high percentage of people from that country who use bt being dishonest but really that's just a clever excuse for the racism my brown brother.

That and retribution for Bollywood obviously.

stoi
05-16-2013, 01:40 AM
you will have to ask regs he banned them i believe, at a guess, he opened for bitgamer, undone all blocks, let it a lot, banned countries again, lots of people were not very good members from india, banned them from signing up, and banned the bad ones who were already there.

absent_today
05-16-2013, 03:31 PM
I guess it was banned recently I had being on BCG since 2007 but was later pruned got another account in 2011 i even invited people from India in last year