PDA

View Full Version : DOGnzb open for registrations

Fanfare
05-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Looks like DOGnzb has opened for registrations with a limit of 1000 slots.

http://redd.it/1e98ox

lanky221
05-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks...

Vestibule
05-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Thanks... It's worth a look... Does anyone have any feedback about the site? Good or bad?

illfile
05-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks, actually looks pretty decent compared to most. Sucks Got nzb 4 u for 1080p bluray movies is dead, kind of a pain now to find the new scene releases

CyberCitizen
05-14-2013, 02:02 AM
Thanks Opened An Acct.

YOU HAVE 29 DAYS LEFT
To continue using DOGnzb after your evaluation period is over you need to upgrade your account to VIP. A one time payment of US$10 gets you:
• Unlimited access to our index (1610+ days NZB retention).
• Secure SSL access (256-bit encryption) to DOGnzb, RSS feeds and API.
• TV, Movie and Videogame Watchlist with automatic bookmarking and pushing.
• Import your history automatically from Sickbeard or Couch Potato.
• Synchronize your Watchlist automatically with your IMDb and Trakt account.
• Notification service to your mobile device of watchlisted items.
• RSS feed of your TV Shows and your Searches for remote NZB downloads.
• Remote NZB Push, basic SABnzbd, NZBVortex and NZBGet queue administration.
• And much more...

pootystomp
05-14-2013, 03:27 AM
Looks pretty good, thanks.

indobson
05-14-2013, 03:28 AM
thanks for the news

user3240
05-14-2013, 04:10 AM
I had a login before. It's not bad, but it's just another newsnab site.

ramu786
05-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Its not just another site. if know how to get most out of Dognzb. its great site. I use it..I use alot of sites and 99% stuff comes from Dogzb. I never missed anything or felt DMCA :)

user3240
05-15-2013, 04:08 AM
LOL........Are you a moderator at DOGnzb? It has a very good indexer. So do a lot of free sites that never get mentioned. There are sites that have been around a lot longer than Dognzb. If you belonged to the best private sites, you would not be touting the Dog as a "great" site. Does the Dog have user generated NZBS? How many uppers do they have? As I said, it's a very good automated indexer. That's all it is.

I'm not putting them down but it's not as special as the Dog fanboys make it out to be. People who think it's special have their chance to sign up. If it closes again, you can even play "invite games." I love it when people beg for invites because they think they lost out on something.

Why is it open again? They need the money, That's why.

ramu786
05-15-2013, 02:01 PM
I am not Mod at Dognzb. I have been around Usenet for 7 yrs. I have used many sites. Its features that separates Dognzb from so called "free sites" . They opened bc they had extra room for people and yeah. Nothing is free in life. everything cost money. But they do not charge arm and leg for lifetime membership like other sites I know!!! Up to users to decide. my setup includes automatically DLing to my NAS!!! :)

messy
05-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Is the link for registration working for anyone? It doesn't for me.

piercerseth
05-15-2013, 10:16 PM
Is the link for registration working for anyone? It doesn't for me.
Registration is closed again.

ramu786
05-16-2013, 01:23 AM
Its closed..they had room for only 1000 members for now :). you can go to IRC chat Dognzb. Hang out and sometimes, someone might give out an invite.

lafront
05-21-2013, 04:56 AM
Screw all their invites thing. It's not sharing and caring but a SCAM. I hope this fucking dog site gets shut down!

Stehle
05-21-2013, 10:12 PM
I tried over 3 times in as many days just to logon, (I was already registered), but the window just sits there with my username, password & security code. Nothing happens each time I press "Logon".

...and here I was leaving Publix supermarket with the winning Power Ball ticket in Zepherhills, Florida looking to make a sizable donation to the cause and can't get in.

(Just saying...) :alien:

Vestibule
05-21-2013, 11:50 PM
I tried over 3 times in as many days just to logon, (I was already registered), but the window just sits there with my username, password & security code. Nothing happens each time I press "Logon".

...and here I was leaving Publix supermarket with the winning Power Ball ticket in Zepherhills, Florida looking to make a sizable donation to the cause and can't get in.

I signed up during their recent open registration. I logged out and logged back in to test it... I had no problems... 21 days left in my trial VIP... afterwards I'll see what the site offers to casual users if anything at all...

I'm using a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard ( I can't stand the Lion or Mountain Lion OS ) for what it's worth...:huh:

ablkmack
05-24-2013, 02:11 PM
does anyone know how often they have these open registration or are they completely random?

ramu786
05-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Completely Random.

try the Dog IRC chat. maybe staff can you help.

Stehle
05-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Thanks ramu786. I kind of like it here now. The people and friends I have met, the conversations that I have found engaging, the knowledge & information that I have gained as a result and here I was never asked for a dime once in I believe over 6 months! :)

(I made a small donation to the cause here. Even on a fixed interplanetary income I just had to follow my heart.) :alien:

hamasha
05-26-2013, 04:36 PM
closed

kraftyland
06-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Can you still get an invite?

CyberCitizen
06-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Nope, Unless You Had A Friend In There That Has An Invite, They Are Pretty Scarce Though. Those That Got In Via Open Signups Could Have 1 In The Next 3-6 Months. Plus They Are Tied To Your Account So Alot Of People Won't Really Give Them Out Unless They Know You Personally.

HankMoody
06-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Damn, wish I'd seen this thread sooner... I had been keeping an eye on DogNZB for a cool minute waiting for registrations to open... But I stopped checking so frequently and looks like it came back to bite me in the ass :P

PooXoo1
06-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Agh!! missed this one.. saw this thread too late.. :slap:

bodhram
06-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Hey, it looks it is open for registration again :-)

messy
06-25-2013, 06:39 PM
I think I missed it again...?

user3240
06-25-2013, 09:05 PM
LMAO............There were all kinds of existing members who only wanted one measly invite for a friend/relative. The Dog's server crashed for over 24 hours. Sometime either during and/or after the crash the Dog goes on Reddit AGAIN and offers invites! Existing members got nothing!

sandman_1
06-25-2013, 11:15 PM
That and he gets kickbacks from referrals to UNS and Easynews among others. Found that out when he deleted my "Usenet for free" post. Can't be having that can we, oh no.

Malcontent
06-26-2013, 12:37 AM
LMAO............There were all kinds of existing members who only wanted one measly invite for a friend/relative. The Dog's server crashed for over 24 hours. Sometime either during and/or after the crash the Dog goes on Reddit AGAIN and offers invites! Existing members got nothing!

He didn't offer invites, he opened registration for 2 hours. During those two hours anyone who wanted could register for an account without an invite.

user3240
06-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Sigh! You missed the point. There were people ( not me ) who wanted one measly invite for a friend or relative. Why would you try to make money off of NEW people when your EXISTING members wanted an invite? The people who were existing members had NO way of knowing about the unannounced invites! Was getting money from strangers more important than taking care of existing customers? The Dog is just using a marketing ploy to make himself look "exclusive." That, and raking in money hand over fist! You do realize that the money he rakes in from advertising is almost certainly enough to pay server costs.

Like it or not, there are other indexers that have a great selection, speed and plenty of features. I suspect that the Dog is afraid of people trading invites because they might find out that other indexers are as good or better than what he has. Example: Some of them (Nzbgeek.info, just to use another Newsnab site as an example but certainly not an endorsement does not require invites) have a request section and people willing to fill requests. Dog made it perfectly clear that any request post would be deleted. Spare me the crap that taking requests puts you in a shakier legal position than simply running an indexer. Newsnab sites that did not take requests (nzb7,nzb-matrix.eu) have shut down because of perceived legal risks.

The Dog might have been ahead of the Newsnab race eight months ago, but he is no longer the big deal his slavering fanboys make him out to be.

I hope the Dog gets more people to drink the Kool Aid!!

jman2712
06-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Sigh! You missed the point. There were people ( not me ) who wanted one measly invite for a friend or relative. Why would you try to make money off of NEW people when your EXISTING members wanted an invite? The people who were existing members had NO way of knowing about the unannounced invites! Was getting money from strangers more important than taking care of existing customers? The Dog is just using a marketing ploy to make himself look "exclusive." That, and raking in money hand over fist! You do realize that the money he rakes in from advertising is almost certainly enough to pay server costs.

Like it or not, there are other indexers that have a great selection, speed and plenty of features. I suspect that the Dog is afraid of people trading invites because they might find out that other indexers are as good or better than what he has. Example: Some of them (Nzbgeek.info, just to use another Newsnab site as an example but certainly not an endorsement does not require invites) have a request section and people willing to fill requests. Dog made it perfectly clear that any request post would be deleted. Spare me the crap that taking requests puts you in a shakier legal position than simply running an indexer. Newsnab sites that did not take requests (nzb7,nzb-matrix.eu) have shut down because of perceived legal risks.

The Dog might have been ahead of the Newsnab race eight months ago, but he is no longer the big deal his slavering fanboys make him out to be.

Just curious. What do you use for your downloads?

CyberCitizen
06-27-2013, 01:32 AM
I am on there and was quite surprised by the site, I like it, I can see why he only does short periods to let people in (bit more secure). After the crash I think he needed some additional funds for replacement parts.

That might be why people were let in briefly. There are other sites out there, I don't use the watch list to auto push to my SAB though.

HandyAndy
06-27-2013, 01:10 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. But I think you will find that the features available on nzbgeek are anything but Newznab. So a question would be when is a site not considered Newznab anymore? Because they sure do seem to have some serious coding going on and whats available seems to be increasing. A lot of hard work going on there, by some very clued up people. It's what I would expect to be seeing for my dollars, rather than all the mumbo jumbo talk everywhere else.

ramu786
06-28-2013, 09:11 PM

Why are you crying?? who the hell cares. Dog can run his site however he wants. Why are you so concern about Dognzb?? name those better sites ?? they have better features?? do they offer you a watchlist that pushes nzb to SAB??

homerjs
06-29-2013, 01:23 AM
d'oh, missed the invite windows

user3240
06-29-2013, 08:51 AM
Since when is pointing out the truth crying? I call bullshit when I see it. I'm not here to cheer lead for sites. I don't use "push" features. If you want to believe that Dog is the Holy Grail of sites, so be it.

coreeons
07-01-2013, 07:00 PM

Thank you for your comments. If you or any other DOGnzb member(s) have any problem(s) or question(s), we recommend you use our forum for a better exchange. Instead of venting your frustrations on 3rd party forums like this one, were it will probably take us much longer to reply.

danielebc
07-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Anyone could get me an invite for dognzb.cr or nzb.su? Would be glad for that. Thanks, danielebc

ng4ever
07-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Anyone could get me an invite for dognzb.cr or nzb.su? Would be glad for that. Thanks, danielebc

My next one is reserved for someone already sorry.

user3240
07-21-2013, 03:46 PM
They had a thread over in the forum about some guy selling logins. He was also selling logins for a couple other sites. The Dog's disciples were talking about pissing away over 100 dollars or so to find out who it is. I notice that one of his sycophants has already answered your question. It's not "illegal" to sell an invite, but it's certainly unethical.

I noticed one of his "bloodhounds" uses an avatar of Tom Cruise. Another guy is a big fan of Queen! LMAO.... Anyways, I don't sell invites to any site. I question the mental health and sanity of people who are willing to beg,borrow,steal and buy invites to a newsnab site.

teflon05
07-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Anyone could get me an invite for dognzb.cr or nzb.su? Would be glad and ready to pay for that. Thanks, danielebc

You do realize it is illegal to pay for one right?

My next one is reserved for someone already sorry.

Pretty funny...It's "illegal" to buy/sell invites to a site that accommodates the illegal downloading of copyrighted materials :dry:

anon
07-21-2013, 04:50 PM
FST isn't eBay. Please do not offer money in exchange for invites, or viceversa.

teflon05
07-21-2013, 05:17 PM
FST isn't eBay. Please do not offer money in exchange for invites, or viceversa.

Yes, as anon said. No money. Sexual favors only. :yup:

danielebc
07-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Illegal to buy an invite? Who says that? Since it's about 1 year thath i'm trying to get one and i'm still on the quest...what should i do to achive my goal? I've payed for vip status on nzbmatrix, nzbsrus, usenetcrawler and so on. The first two of them have bin shot down and i've lost my Vip status and my money. I spend every time money and time to find a bake up solution and it's not very amusing. That's the reason why i would be glad to find a way to join a private site that maybe lasts a little bit longer than the other ones. I would like to relax and find enough stuff to feed my hometheatre in an easy and relaxing way. Can somebody help me on my quest instead of discussing about how immoral payng for favour could be? Thanks.

teflon05
07-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Illegal to buy an invite? Who says that? Since it's about 1 year thath i'm trying to get one and i'm still on the quest...what should i do to achive my goal? I've payed for vip status on nzbmatrix, nzbsrus, usenetcrawler and so on. The first two of them have bin shot down and i've lost my Vip status and my money. I spend every time money and time to find a bake up solution and it's not very amusing. That's the reason why i would be glad to find a way to join a private site that maybe lasts a little bit longer than the other ones. I would like to relax and find enough stuff to feed my hometheatre in an easy and relaxing way. Can somebody help me on my quest instead of discussing about how immoral payng for favour could be? Thanks.

People here are going to discuss pretty much anything they want, whenever and where ever they want...& there's not dick you can do about it. You want easy and relaxing? try buying the shit your looking for & stop bitching about losing money trying to steal shit.

yoko
07-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Yea, i would like also to enter DOG, but as you said it's impossible :(

nntpjunkie
07-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Is Dognzb newsnab based? If so, what the hell is so special about it, these sites are a dime a dozen.....

sandman_1
07-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Is Dognzb newsnab based? If so, what the hell is so special about it, these sites are a dime a dozen.....

Nothing really special about it other than some features it does have. I mainly get my NZBs from here to be honest. Dog he definitely has an ego. I wish people would get off his balls already. The hero worship over in the forums on that site is laughable.

CyberCitizen
07-22-2013, 11:34 PM
I was getting my shows from FST, using RSS, however noticed that a few things were not being posted or were being posted late. I disabled that in my SAB & started using the watch list in DOGNZB to play / test it for a while and it has been pretty good. Shows come down fairly quickly sometimes they are still propagating on other servers so it may take a little longer than expected at times. I do like the movie watch list though, allows me to queue up movies set for release & watch for a quality I like, if it matches, it pushes straight away. I also like the option of searching the indexer and if I find something I like I can push it straight to queue, eg don't have to download first. Useful for me as it allows me to keep an eye on things while at work without the use of SSH.

piercerseth
07-23-2013, 12:41 AM
Tried it during open signups a little bit back. Didn't see anything that blew my skirt up. Not sure what's with all the feverent invite seekers.

yoko
07-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Coz they don't know what's inside, that makes it sooooooooo great..

user3240
07-23-2013, 09:48 PM
Coz they don't know what's inside, that makes it sooooooooo great..

Do you know what the Streisand effect is? Over in Reddit and most everywhere else there are pages of people asking for invites for reasons you mentioned. The other 80 indexers hardly get mentioned. If you were a copyright troll what index would you go after? Just Saying.

CyberCitizen
07-24-2013, 01:12 AM
The other 80 indexers hardly get mentioned.
Can to provide an example of a couple that have watch lists for TV & Movies & can push the shows to your SAB client without needing to setup your SAB to constantly check & pull the files via RSS or API & without the need of SickBeard?

user3240
07-24-2013, 01:43 AM
Since I prefer sickbeard and other clients over just using SAB, I honestly don't know why anybody would want to become dependent on any one index for a "push" feature. To me the push feature is meaningless.

ng4ever
07-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Since I prefer sickbeard and other clients over just using SAB, I honestly don't know why anybody would want to become dependent on any one index for a "push" feature. To me the push feature is meaningless.

I never even tried or used sickbeard or the dognzb push feature. Prefer to do things manually.

aoshivx
07-25-2013, 09:16 PM

I never even tried or used sickbeard or the dognzb push feature. Prefer to do things manually.

Same here, from what I gathered sickbeard, headphones and others are kinda autograbbers. I still like to manually find my stash before I ddl it.
I do see the merit for people who are serial tv followers (GOT, True blood.. etc). Not much of a tv person, so never really appealed to me.

sandman_1
07-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Don't use SAB so the auto push does me no good but I do use the RSS feed feature and it works great.

CyberCitizen
07-26-2013, 01:54 AM
I have only just started using the push feature, but its not to bad, it a proper is pushed afterwards it will download that for you. I have used other Usenet Clients, however I like SAB. I was using the RSS from FST, however have decided to try the push feature and it works well. Should it ever stop working I can easily flick back over to RSS.

But I was just giving you an example of one of the features the site has, no one has given me any other of those 80 indexers with similar features? RSS & API are common across sites, but saves me polling for updates (eg saves bandwidth).

user3240
07-26-2013, 02:14 AM
But I was just giving you an example of one of the features the site has, no one has given me any other of those 80 indexers with similar features? RSS & API are common across sites, but saves me polling for updates (eg saves bandwidth).

The features I look for:

Do they (mostly) eliminate passcoded releases and spam. Can they decode many of the coded (obfuscated) headers? Do they take requests and allow user generated NZB's? Do they have a good backfill of movies, TV shows etc.

The Dog has a lot of good features, but so do many others. The push feature is simply no big deal to many people. When I said "80 other indexers", I was including forum based indexers.

If I judge the Dog against other NEWSNAB sites, it is very good, but so are many others that are not hard to get an invite and/or are open.

Basically, the Dog is one of _many_ very good newsnab sites.

HandyAndy
07-27-2013, 04:30 AM

The features I look for:

Do they (mostly) eliminate passcoded releases and spam. Can they decode many of the coded (obfuscated) headers? Do they take requests and allow user generated NZB's? Do they have a good backfill of movies, TV shows etc.

The Dog has a lot of good features, but so do many others. The push feature is simply no big deal to many people. When I said "80 other indexers", I was including forum based indexers.

If I judge the Dog against other NEWSNAB sites, it is very good, but so are many others that are not hard to get an invite and/or are open.

Basically, the Dog is one of _many_ very good newsnab sites.

Isn't this push feature just a gimmicky name for send to SAB? The newznab sites out there that have it activated all send to SAB. Isn't RSS pull and send to SAB push? Just trying to understand here, because to me the functionality is the same, just the terminology is different.

HandyAndy
07-27-2013, 05:00 AM
Isn't this push feature just a gimmicky name for send to SAB? RSS is pull and send to SAB is push? Because all the newznab sites that have it activated do the push. Just trying to understand, because the only different I can see here is terminology, techicly there isn't any difference.

Also, there is a 'Newznab' site out there that is doing things very outside the 'norm' of the standard newznab software. The results seem to be talking for themselves as far as content and quality goes, so at what point is the coding behind a newznab site changed to the point credit is given to admins for creating a site that goes beyond what we are seeing produced out there in these newsnab sites, as they have through their knowledge and talents created an indexer that's features and functionality, plus support that goes far beyond the design of newznab software. So the question is, when isn't newznab, newznab? And when will the community start looking at an indexer as an organic environment of people working together, rather than a machanical tool? Because it has been my experience that as a mechanical money making tool, it is failing for everyone but the creators of the software. Like all software unless you know what you are doing with it, it benefits no one and just because you can put newznab on a server and call it an indexer, dosen't mean you should, unless you have the right motivation, and for the good of the community that should be more than money, it should involve service, because that is what you are providing, a service.

piercerseth
07-27-2013, 07:41 AM
So the question is, when isn't newznab, newznab? When it's nzedb? :P

user3240
07-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Isn't this push feature just a gimmicky name for send to SAB? RSS is pull and send to SAB is push? Because all the newznab sites that have it activated do the push. Just trying to understand, because the only different I can see here is terminology, techicly there isn't any difference.

You use watchlist and use the dog's "push" feature to push content into SAB once it is posted. I would not call it a "gimmick." It's something he coded into the newsnab software. Since nobody else has bothered to do that, it gives him something unique to his newsnab setup. You will probably have to play with your router settings to get it to work. This can be a hassle if you have DD-WRT firmware and a Vpn. It does work but it's not a foolproof. It won't work 100% of the time.

If you have Sab set up with Sicksab/Couch etc. and use 2-3 indexers, you can bat 100%. Since any one of these indexers could crash or go out of business at any time, I have no interest is using something proprietary to any one index.

You can take a Ford chassis and put BMW fenders and a jaguar interior and a Lexus engine in it but it's still a Ford. Functionally, there is simply no difference between one good newsnab indexer and another good newsnab indexer. The public is too stupid to realize that so they keep begging for invites and/or overspending for these Newsnab sites.

I say Newsnab is Newsnab. Hell, you could set up your own Newsnab indexer if you wanted to spend the time on it.

aoshivx
07-31-2013, 02:03 AM
The public is too stupid to realize that so they keep begging for invites and/or overspending for these Newsnab sites.
I say Newsnab is Newsnab. Hell, you could set up your own Newsnab indexer if you wanted to spend the time on it.

I concur.That reddit sub for usenet index invites is disgraceful.
I have a feeling majority of those posters dont even use usenet at all or like you said have any idea of newznab.

Vestibule
07-31-2013, 02:28 AM
The public is too stupid to realize that so they keep begging for invites and/or overspending for these Newsnab sites.

I concur.That reddit sub for usenet index invites is disgraceful.
I have a feeling majority of those posters dont even use usenet at all or like you said have any idea of newznab.

To be sure, we are in the minority. I have led a few of my friends to usenet and most find it incomprehensible... what we do/have/share/bare witness to, is in the low percentile... and yet... there are many ways/methods/possibilities in the NZB arena to access all there is... and unless one wants to support a site by financial means there is really no need to pay for anything... if you know how to find it... with that said... I do like to donate to deserving, hard working sites that I appreciate... (honestly... I get paid thursday... your turn is coming FST)

08-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Your money is wanted again

piercerseth
08-02-2013, 06:12 AM
From the reddit thread

Thanks for the heads up. Got in.
I'm actually disappointed, after all the build-up, it isn't any more impressive than many other indexing sites.

NO SHIT.

user3240
08-02-2013, 06:20 AM
LMAO.............I wonder if those Reddit people know what open source newsnab software is. Hopefully , most of the people who were pining for the Dog indexer got in this time.

Beck38
08-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Your money is wanted again

LMAO.............I wonder if those Reddit people know what open source newsnab software is. Hopefully , most of the people who were pining for the Dog indexer got in this time.

IF I had the bandwidth (I may have by this time next year) I'd do a 'run' on all these encrypted/for pay sites, posting 'in the clear' all that they have done encrypted and put them all out of gullible user/payers.

messy
08-02-2013, 02:35 PM
I have to agree. I got in dognzb, and it is nothing special.
Almost everything there can be found using public indexers, and the things that can't, are not their own posts anyway.

jman2712
08-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Dog was open for anyone to register yesterday, but they were only providing free a certain amount of time after which who knows what happens to your account. FIgures

user3240
08-03-2013, 02:13 AM
Dog was open for anyone to register yesterday, but they were only providing free a certain amount of time after which who knows what happens to your account. FIgures

Not True. The people who signed up correctly have 28 days to evaluate it. I'm no "fan" of the Dog, but at least make your posts factual. As usual, existing members got ZERO invites. Don't worry, it will open again and again as long as the Dog can laugh all the way to the bank! Somebody told me that Reddit had to go into "read only mode" yesterday on the Dog invite page due to server overload.

ramu786
08-03-2013, 03:52 AM
I have been Dog member for about 4+ months..i got 2 invites. I heard last week on IRC chat, members gave out few invites. that doesn't mean you can go there and ask for invite..you would be kicked. Come and hang out, you might get lucky. Also, Nzbs.org never gives invites. what about them? Nzb.su hands out invites. End of the day, i can pick apart every site and point shyt out. The best site is the one that works well for you. I have used a lot of indexers. for me, Dognzb works well with my setup. never had issue..reasonable price at $10 lifetime. unlike others who charge a arm and leg.

HandyAndy
08-03-2013, 06:41 AM

IF I had the bandwidth (I may have by this time next year) I'd do a 'run' on all these encrypted/for pay sites, posting 'in the clear' all that they have done encrypted and put them all out of gullible user/payers.

The Matrix was a site that the users had to pay for. Everything was member uploaded and there was a great sense of community. I personally belong to an indexer that I have paid for. It provides for member uploading. Members upload, because of the community and they feel comfortable. I don't see anything wrong with members paying for the upkeep of a platform that allows them to once again have the community they felt they had with the Matrix. This is what a lot of us old school missed, having been with the Matrix community for years. I guess it is just another way of looking at things. I don't consider myself gullible, I am glad to have found another place that provides for what I like to do, including chatting with people about all manner of things. The reason the posts are encrypted is so they are not taken down so quickly. A lot of effort goes into posting and cost on the posters behalf. As I recall the Matrix had their own a.b. group and members would post with Matrix on the end of the nzb. I don't know how the newer people would like to see it done, but that was how it was done, when there wasn't so many sites to be fighting over. For me I have always thought it was the community that mattered, as that was how you all knew about stuff and helped each other out. Now all I hear is feature this and feature that. Not that I don't use the features, some of them are great and I don't have the time to be looking on most of the sites, so the very little I have paid means nothing. But at the end of the day, anyone of these sites is only as good as the community, and if it is a community of takers, including those running it, the givers go somewhere else. So no matter what you pay or don't pay you are never going to find the quality unless you find the community. If you find the community you will know, because they are providing for each other. I don't see anything wrong with that, it is how I have always understood it to work. And it works well that way. I don't think it is fair to lump everyone into the same boat, just because there are some indexers out there that are clearly clueless, and in for the money. They are not all like that and there are pockets of communities out there that are very happy and working together, just normal everyday people that mean no harm or bad feelings towards anyone, they are just getting on with it.

DitchCrew
08-03-2013, 02:36 PM
REQ: DOGnzb invite

TIA

Dan

piercerseth
08-03-2013, 02:47 PM
REQ: DOGnzb invite

TIA

Dan

https://pay.reddit.com/r/usenetinvites/ (https://pay.reddit.com/r/usenetinvites/)

You'll probably have better luck there^

Edit: personally I'd just as soon not have (new) posters asking for invites in regular threads, and I'm sure anon already has his hands full without the addition of policing an invite sticky.

Beck38
08-04-2013, 12:57 AM
The Matrix was a site that the users had to pay for. Everything was member uploaded and there was a great sense of community.

All the pay sites I see that exploded on the scene after a handful of trashy postings (okay, my review, you may like trash) are mostly 'generating' their own encrypted postings, or allowing those who encrypt a 'home' to post their key settings.

Matrix (and Newzbin/Newzbin2) never did this. Those sites that did over the years (and including those of today) are trying to 'monetize' usenet to their own advantage/bank accounts. Doing so means they are trying to create an organized crime syndicate, and eventually they will be dealt with as such by governments. Those who support them (pay them money) will also be swept up in the dragnet, and will make things all the more tough for those who don't, by causing increased tightening of funds exchange (whether paypal, visa, or whatever). I myself, who currently purchases both software and hardware from UK/European sources from the US, has increasingly found that those funds transfers to be hampered by crackdowns that purport to target these criminal enterprises.

These are part of the 'unintended fallout'. As I've said may times before, if these folks had done the minimum to keep their postings from those who were seeking to take them down, they wouldn't have had any problems to begin with. Again, I've given lists and lists of the most obvious offenders here in the past.

'For Pay' sites are organized crime, period, and will be dealt with as such. Don't stand too close, or you may find yourself swept up in that dragnet.

jman2712
08-04-2013, 02:49 AM

Not True. The people who signed up correctly have 28 days to evaluate it. I'm no "fan" of the Dog, but at least make your posts factual. As usual, existing members got ZERO invites. Don't worry, it will open again and again as long as the Dog can laugh all the way to the bank! Somebody told me that Reddit had to go into "read only mode" yesterday on the Dog invite page due to server overload. It was factual just lacking detail as I really didn't pay attention to what the grace period was and didn't want to provide false info. I just happened to type in that magical URL and it allowed me to register I was in such a hurry i didn't read anything.

piercerseth
08-12-2013, 05:33 AM
Apparently opened up registration yet again? Weekly occurrence.

user3240
08-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Apparently opened up registration yet again? Weekly occurrence.

I don't know if the Dog had it all planned, but it has become a marketing scheme. Late last year the Dog took away all invites and told people if they wanted to stay they had to buy a VIP. At the time I thought it was a good idea because indexers were dropping like flies. Nzb.org has no new signups AND no new registrations. They really did close up.

I thought Dog would remain closed. For whatever reason the Dog went "viral" over in Reddit and other places. Over in Reddit there are staff members posting with the Dog's flare. For months people were begging for invites. Some people don't believe me when I tell them that VIP members don't get invites. Reddit created pent up demand for the Dog.

Last May, he made an announcement that he was open again on Reddit. He claims he signed up 1,000 people in three hours. He opened up again briefly a month later. He stayed open for eight hours on 1 August, 2013. There were people in the invite section who missed it and more people started begging for invites. It looks like he stayed open for eight hours again yesterday. Hmmm.........Interesting!

The reason his open/close, open/close game is working so well is because ( for whatever reason ) the Dog is the favourite of wannabe hipsters and others who want to be cool. " That's right, we bad. We got the Dog." " If yo ain't got the Dog, yo ain't shite." LOL.

Experienced Usenet people know that it's just another Newznab indexer and are not impressed. The young hipsters keep talking up the Dog and signing up when they get the chance. The Dog is lining his pockets with gold!

I wish no ill will on the Dog but anybody who attracts this much attention becomes a target. The copyright trolls don't have to shut him down for facilitating infringement. They could simply go after his payment processors. Bitcoin is not a viable option. The Dog and one of his staff members hate Bitcoin. I'd be surprised if 10% of the people would go through the hassle of using Bitcoin to buy a membership in an indexer.

Regardless of what happens, the Dog is laughing all the way to the bank.

http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/1k52aj/dognzb_open_for_registration_again/

Chimaera-
08-12-2013, 09:17 AM
The problem is the panic caused by people shutting down creates the ideal environment to "farm" some cash.

Now im not saying they are doing this but think first before you part with your cash.
Id be pretty annoyed to get in and pay and find its just another indexer.

Why pay when for a little work you can do it for free, no site is a 100% ideal so you have to compromise somewhere.

justlooking
08-12-2013, 01:36 PM
I have no idea if it's open or when it'll be, but Gingadaddy seems to have the most nzb's and resembles nzbsrus.

ng4ever
08-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Well I won't get Dognzb anymore because like some have said they are exactly just another Newznab indexer. There ok but their community sucks. I prefer nzbgrabit because there is a far greater community and they don't force you to pay. There always a lot of comments too on a good amount of releases.

It is easy to test it out as well for cheap but if you really like it there is still a lifetime membership!

MrAngelus
08-22-2013, 02:08 AM
Anyone have a dognzb invite i been trying to get in for years

Stabber
08-26-2013, 07:19 PM
If anyone doesn't need his doggy account I would be happy to use it ;) . I would be grateful and help you to say thanks.

user3240
08-26-2013, 08:30 PM
If anyone doesn't need his doggy account I would be happy to use it ;) . I would be grateful and help you to say thanks.

Anything is available for a price! The canine login accounts go for about 100usd at the sites that buy and sell login accounts and invites. There is no such thing as a "closed" private NZB or Torrent site!

Stabber
08-27-2013, 09:25 AM

Anything is available for a price! The canine login accounts go for about 100usd at the sites that buy and sell login accounts and invites. There is no such thing as a "closed" private NZB or Torrent site!

I wouldn't give any money for the canine . I'm referring to those who will just let their account die after the trial period is over and they just don't need the dog.

user3240
08-27-2013, 01:11 PM
I understand what you are saying. There are people in THIS thread who have offered to buy accounts and ask for invites. The Dog does not give invites to VIP members. The account does not die. A person could still pay for a VIP after the 30 day evaluation period is over.

anon
08-27-2013, 01:23 PM
There are people in THIS thread who have offered to buy accounts and ask for invites.

This is not allowed. If you see further posts offering money, please report them.

ramu786
08-27-2013, 04:43 PM
I understand what you are saying. There are people in THIS thread who have offered to buy accounts and ask for invites. The Dog does not give invites to VIP members. The account does not die. A person could still pay for a VIP after the 30 day evaluation period is over.

Seriously, where do you get your info from?? my friend gave me invite 5 months ago, he was VIP. I had two invites myself. I know few others who have invites.

user3240
08-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Seriously, where do you get your info from?? my friend gave me invite 5 months ago, he was VIP. I had two invites myself. I know few others who have invites.

I might ask where you get your info from you friggin fanboy. This is about the third time you've felt compelled to come in here and defend your man. The Dog claims he has some "formula" that decides who gets invites. Spare me the crap about going on IRC. If VIPs paid the same amount, they should all get an equal number of invites regardless of participation on IRC, the boards, how often they login or API hits. Many people have gone six months with no invites.

ng4ever
08-27-2013, 09:34 PM

No one cares if your friend gave you an invite or how many invites you have. You act like Dognzb is some kind of god.

ramu786
08-28-2013, 12:39 AM

I might ask where you get your info from you friggin fanboy. This is about the third time you've felt compelled to come in here and defend your man. The Dog claims he has some "formula" that decides who gets invites. Spare me the crap about going on IRC. If VIPs paid the same amount, they should all get an equal number of invites regardless of participation on IRC, the boards, how often they login or API hits. Many people have gone six months with no invites.

I am just saying. VIP do get invites. Look at Nzbs.org there zero invites.why don't you go cry about them??

user3240
08-28-2013, 01:12 AM

I am just saying. VIP do get invites. Look at Nzbs.org there zero invites.why don't you go cry about them??

Once again you stretch the truth as the faithful flunky servant you are. Nzbs.org closed down and never had _either_ invites or new subscriptions. The Dog closed down with no invites and kept opening up an index that was supposed to be closed with no invites. Big difference! I'm not crying. Actually I'm laughing at how easy it is to fool morons who are too blind to see.

ng4ever
08-28-2013, 02:51 AM
ramu786 is just a huge cry baby. He can't handle all the DMCA takedowns.

Stabber
08-28-2013, 06:49 AM

Once again you stretch the truth as the faithful flunky servant you are. Nzbs.org closed down and never had _either_ invites or new subscriptions. The Dog closed down with no invites and kept opening up an index that was supposed to be closed with no invites. Big difference! I'm not crying. Actually I'm laughing at how easy it is to fool morons who are too blind to see.

nzbs.org used to have invites . They were given randomly at random times.

user3240
08-28-2013, 01:05 PM
nzbs.org used to have invites . They were given randomly at random times.

The Dog gave invites late last year. They were taken away because it was supposed to become a "closed index."

In the Dog's own words:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27484381-DOGnzb-to-become-private-after-Sep.-3

dogzipp:

>To be truthfull, there's no real motivation for going private. Mainly we wanted allways to be a private community. We don't want to have the notoriety that other like NZBs.org or NZBmatrix have. We prefer to cater to just a couple thousand users and do it while keeping a low profile. Of course, already existing users, will be able to invite their friends to join.<

Low Profile? Don't want notoriety? The numerous re-openings and going viral on Reddit is not my idea of low profile. LMAO.......

ramu786
08-28-2013, 01:34 PM

Listen you Dumb Monkey, I don't have any issues with DMCA. There are other ways around takedowns, so stop acting you know the Only Way. Sorry to bust your bubble. I know you miss me but I don't waste my time with people who's IQ is smaller than their shoe size..have a great day cheers :)

homerjs
08-28-2013, 07:14 PM
I'd be interested in an invite to Dognzb

DngrMs
08-28-2013, 08:33 PM
ox·y·mo·ron
n. pl. ox·y·mo·ra (-môr, -mr) or ox·y·mo·rons
e.g. 'a low profile site that is discussed on public forums and has an invite system'

:dry:

What % of their top downloads are manually posted nzbs?

user3240
08-28-2013, 09:17 PM
rhe·tor·i·cal ques·tion

rhetorical question
noun
a question asked solely to produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply.

e.g. Does "Dognzb" allow manually posted nzbs?

08-29-2013, 01:26 PM

DngrMs
08-29-2013, 03:56 PM
rhe·tor·i·cal ques·tion

rhetorical question
noun
a question asked solely to produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply.

e.g. Does "Dognzb" allow manually posted nzbs?

That's not a very good example, it's not rhetorical.

Does Dognzb allow manual posts?

My question wasn't rhetorical either, is the answer 0%?

aoshivx
08-30-2013, 04:30 AM
You bet your arse ..

ng4ever
08-30-2013, 02:29 PM

Listen you Dumb Monkey, I don't have any issues with DMCA. There are other ways around takedowns, so stop acting you know the Only Way. Sorry to bust your bubble. I know you miss me but I don't waste my time with people who's IQ is smaller than their shoe size..have a great day cheers :)

You lie so much you don't even know who you are anymore. I know you have plenty of problems with DMCA because I watch you. So stop trying to say you don't. Sure there is ways around takedowns but what the point when you can't use all 5 years of your retention ? So shut up you idiot.

I don't miss you. Glad I got my money back from Dognzb. All you all around is a bunch of people who think they are gods.

Sideways
08-31-2013, 12:21 PM
pardon the newb Q, but since I can't see the site what exactly is this Dog? An index service for NZB's? What's the rational for limiting sign up #'s? thanks.

aoshivx
08-31-2013, 02:10 PM
@ Sideways

http://yaui.me/dognzb-review-private-usenet-indexer/

mike929
09-04-2013, 03:38 PM
will they open registration again? or does anyone have any invites?

homerjs
09-06-2013, 09:11 PM
been trying to get an invite for months
...asking because you just never know when somebody will say "here you go"

user3240
09-06-2013, 09:31 PM
been trying to get an invite for months
...asking because you just never know when somebody will say "here you go"

Unless you have friends at the sites you want, your chances of getting invites are almost zero.

The Dog will be open again. Try this: These are sites that E Mails you when he opens registrations:

http://www.dognzbchecker.com/

There is another one:

https://ifttt.com/recipes/108974

Edited To Add: This is the wrong group to plead for invites. Go over to Reddit r/usenetinvites for that.

Villalobos
09-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Hang around in their IRC channel, they always announce open registration there. And the guys running the channel give out invites once in a while as well.

user3240
09-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Hang around in their IRC channel, they always announce open registration there. And the guys running the channel give out invites once in a while as well.

AW..........Hell, another fanboy to go along with ramu786. Get a clue, most people don't _want_ to hang in your IRC channel. To experienced Usenet guys, the Dog is just another (very good) newznab site.

Villalobos
09-16-2013, 07:13 PM
I guess I am a fanboy :rolleyes: I like NZBs(.org) as well btw, just to mention another good site. Oh and I am just giving advice on how to join the site... some people actually _do_ want to hang out in an IRC channel.

ng4ever
09-17-2013, 03:26 AM
I guess I am a fanboy :rolleyes: I like NZBs(.org) as well btw, just to mention another good site. Oh and I am just giving advice on how to join the site... some people actually _do_ want to hang out in an IRC channel.

You are another fanboy. Go ride him longer.

Villalobos
09-17-2013, 05:45 AM

You are another fanboy. Go ride him longer.

This confirms my post in another thread. Such a child. Ah well, it's the internet of course.

MysticRiffs
09-22-2013, 02:53 AM

AW..........Hell, another fanboy to go along with ramu786. Get a clue, most people don't _want_ to hang in your IRC channel. To experienced Usenet guys, the Dog is just another (very good) newznab site.

That's a bit rough, mate. Any suggestion is a great suggestion if it has the merit of working. If it's not for you, it's not for you. It's not for me, either, but I'm almost positive some people appreciated the heads up.

Villalobos
10-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Anyone looking for an invite should pay attention today...

-edit-

Looks like they closed again.

cardboardbox
10-02-2013, 10:40 PM
I got in about 50 minutes ago.

user3240
10-02-2013, 11:46 PM

-edit-

About a week ago, I logged in and was surprised to have an invite. I hurried up and sent it to a friend because the Dog can take away invites. I guess the way to get an invite is to hardly use his index.

I could not find anything on Reddit about the re-opening of the Dog. Where did he announce it? Did the people who used the Reddit E mail alert get in?

cardboardbox
10-03-2013, 03:32 AM

-edit-

About a week ago, I logged in and was surprised to have an invite. I hurried up and sent it to a friend because the Dog can take away invites. I guess the way to get an invite is to hardly use his index.

I could not find anything on Reddit about the re-opening of the Dog. Where did he announce it? Did the people who used the Reddit E mail alert get in?yes, I got an email alert but registration wasnt open when I checked after receiving the email.

Villalobos
10-03-2013, 08:07 AM

-edit-

I could not find anything on Reddit about the re-opening of the Dog. Where did he announce it? Did the people who used the Reddit E mail alert get in?

It was announced in the IRC channel...

mike929
10-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Does anyone have an invites left?

cardboardbox
10-03-2013, 08:52 PM
dog is pretty good but so far I dont see a way to browse categories. Either I'm blind, or thats really annoying.

user3240
10-03-2013, 09:18 PM

It was announced in the IRC channel...

Usually it is announced on IRC first and then somebody puts it on Reddit. Then when registration closes, there are all these people lamenting that they missed out. It's kind of funny. If it was only announced on IRC, I don't think too many people got in.

user3240
10-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Dog is/was open again on Reddit. Every two days now?

http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/1nsl35/dognzb_is_open/

For those who want E mail alerts:

http://www.dognzbchecker.com/

Stabber
10-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Managed to get in . I don't like the way it displays movies. I would prefer to show the cover just as nzbs.org

user3240
10-07-2013, 09:13 AM
The Dog coded his front end with a very minimalist look. It does not look as "newznabish" but not as intuitive as conventional newznab sites for manual searching. He coded a few features that people may or may not like. The rest of it is a functional newznab site.

coreeons
10-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Managed to get in . I don't like the way it displays movies. I would prefer to show the cover just as nzbs.org

There is cover view.

yoko
10-08-2013, 07:59 AM
I'd exchange gingadaddy invite for dognzb.. PM ;)

Stabber
10-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Well so far dognzb looks better than nzbs.org because it does have more content . For example for movies there are the YIFY which aren't indexed in nzbs and anime doesn't exist on nzbs.org . There is even a category for pc gaming whereas in nzbs there is only for platforms.

user3240
10-08-2013, 09:51 PM
>Well so far dognzb looks better than nzbs.org because it does have more content . For example for movies there are the YIFY which aren't indexed in nzbs and anime doesn't exist on nzbs.org . There is even a category for pc gaming whereas in nzbs there is only for platforms. <

YIFY, PC gaming and anime are indexed at most of the other Newznab sites I've checked. Even the better free ones have that. I remember Nzbs.org having a lot of older stuff from backfill since they were one of the first newznab indexers. Are you sure NZBs.org is missing all that?

If you are right, almost ANY index would look great compared to them.

Stabber
10-09-2013, 07:54 AM
>Well so far dognzb looks better than nzbs.org because it does have more content . For example for movies there are the YIFY which aren't indexed in nzbs and anime doesn't exist on nzbs.org . There is even a category for pc gaming whereas in nzbs there is only for platforms. <

YIFY, PC gaming and anime are indexed at most of the other Newznab sites I've checked. Even the better free ones have that. I remember Nzbs.org having a lot of older stuff from backfill since they were one of the first newznab indexers. Are you sure NZBs.org is missing all that?

If you are right, almost ANY index would look great compared to them.
About pc gaming , it is missing from nzbs.org . It is a feature a lot of members asked but games are listed in PC-Isos along with app-isos . Anime content is very very poor in nzbs.org compare to the dog . But nzbs.org has probably more content overall because it is very old indexer, I like the way it shoes the covers in movies, and it's faster in browsing than the dog. Not to mention that is completely free and no donations are required which i'm thankful to the owner .

Bhanche
10-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Dognzb is great at indexing smaller binary groups, and also at descrambling truncated filenames. Often Thedog has content not found on other indexers.

mike929
10-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Does anyone have an invites left?

I finally got an account....not bad...always good to have other references...this and nzb.su should cover me

MrAngelus
10-10-2013, 05:03 AM
If anyone has any invites left please [email protected] I been trying to get in for months

yoko
10-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Same here please...please...i am giving gingadaddy for one..

user3240
10-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Same here please...please...i am giving gingadaddy for one..

Wow, an invite to a place that's open again. How generous of you! You said that Nzb.su was nothing special. The Dog is another newznab based indexer. They do no uploading themselves. Other than a different looking front end and his " push feature, " you won't find a much different selection of files at the dog than you will at nzb.su. and a host of other newznab indexers.

Besides, people in this thread gave you tons of suggestions on how to get in.

yoko
10-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Oh, then i do not need it, if it's similar to .su...

MrAngelus
10-12-2013, 06:27 PM
i could use an invite to .su or dognzb if anyone is willing

user3240
10-12-2013, 09:19 PM
i could use an invite to .su or dognzb if anyone is willing

They were/are open again. Use Reddit for invites or sign up for the E mail list.

http://www.reddit.com/r/UsenetInvites/comments/1oacbf/o_dognzb_is_open_for_registration/

removalsexpert
10-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanx For the Latest News