PDA

View Full Version : Ad Aware Kill Ur Internet Look Here !

zeos100
02-11-2003, 01:34 AM
More info here !!!
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?a...t=ST&f=8&t=1436 (http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=1436)

Man it happend to me !!!
now i now what to do ...
:D
So i share it with u "Its all about Sharing in K-lite Board" (© Zeos100)
:D

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-11-2003, 01:44 AM
;) What is Ad Aware?

Yusuke
02-11-2003, 05:20 AM
Ad-aware is a great proggie that gets rid of a hella lot of spyware/adware..

And as for Ad-aware killin one's internet, with Win2k and XP's Windows File Protection, that file should get automagically restored if it would happen to get deleted...

imported_computerfreak76
02-11-2003, 05:36 AM
when using ad-aware or any other type of adware/spyware cleaner use common sense, dont delete anything your unsure of and ALWAYS make sure you back-up your computer beforehand.

it's better to be safe than sorry!

Rocktron
02-11-2003, 12:27 PM
When i used add-aware, it screwed up some things in Windows!
It doesn't save my settings anymore... like this one..: Every windows you open, and save the settings (like sort files, or windows size) it keeps coming back small and the way it was before!

And it deletes the Cd_Clint.dll files (Kazaa needs it and it's harmless, and usefull with the new version of kazaa 2.03)
So if you use it, usde it wise, don't just click ok ok.., look what he want's the delete... ;)

CornerPocket
02-11-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 February 2003 - 19:44
;) What is Ad Aware?
:lol: lol :lol:

you really got them going FC B)

zeos100
02-11-2003, 01:49 PM
Can any 1 post a link to Wsock32.dll OF WinXP (A Clean 1 from the WinXP cd) ?
10x :D

Yusuke
02-12-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Rocktron@11 February 2003 - 07:27
When i used add-aware, it screwed up some things in Windows!
It doesn't save my settings anymore... like this one..: Every windows you open, and save the settings (like sort files, or windows size) it keeps coming back small and the way it was before!
That has nothing to do with anything ad-aware did... That's controlled by reg keys and a solution to that prob was posted here a while ago, I'll look for the link to it..

And it deletes the Cd_Clint.dll files (Kazaa needs it and it's harmless, and usefull with the new version of kazaa 2.03)

You must not have the latest reflist update for ad-aware cause they made it so ad-awre don't detect the kazaa lite version of cd_clint.dll as spyware quite some time ago...

moonshiner
02-12-2003, 06:11 AM
First thing is you dont even need Ad Aware if you dont download
adware or spyware so just stay away from them .
Always check Cnet for peoples opinions they will surely tell you
about included spyware
After that go to the sites that offer spyfree and adfree software or just
get kazaa lite and you dont need to worrY!!!!

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-12-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by moonshiner Posted on 11 February 2003 - 22:11
First thing is you dont even need Ad Aware if you dont download
adware or spyware so just stay away from them .
Always check Cnet for peoples opinions they will surely tell you
about included spyware
After that go to the sites that offer spyfree and adfree software or just
get kazaa lite and you dont need to worrY!!!! 

Sometiems you don't even know that stuff has Spyware/adware in it... Think about how many users that DL'ed Kazaa (not KL) that don't even know that Kazaa has spyware in it. My friends didn't until I told them about it and I'll be walking them through KL and how to get rid of that crap in a couple days. Sometimes files you DL off KL have spyware/adware in them. So its good to be safe to have Ad-Aware or Spy Search and Destroy just in case.

SniperInTheShadows
02-12-2003, 06:42 AM
I don't know about the ad-aware problem, but here's the folder solution that Yusuke said about (i can't remember who originally posted this solution but i say the person is a genius as i get the problem alot and this fixes it!!!!!! :) ) .......

Sometimes windows XP forgets it's folder view settings.

Here is the solution.

Backup these RegKeys.

1:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU]

2:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]

After that you must delete them.

Restart windows to take effect.

Now you can change each folder and the setting will stay.

LongLiveGhandi
02-12-2003, 07:04 AM
Ad-aware 6 is slower scanning engine and takes far longer then ad-aware 5.x engine, but has autoupdate, and deep scanning is better and still a good program, but way slower then before. i still like ad-aware, but can be annoying at times with the scanning times. Get rid of alot of spyware, like alexa from I.E 5.5.
I used spybot search&destroy, tho it was nice, it lacked many things i liked about ad-aware, and soon uninstalled it, once ad-aware 6 was released officially. B)