PDA

View Full Version : See if you can find this please

Memphy
05-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Hello. Didn't see any thread approaching this subject and I think it's pretty useful. Can you guys find this docu "The Devil and Daniel Johnston" in high quality somewhere?

Also feel free to use this thread for this kind of questions. Thank you.

Arguti
05-23-2013, 01:40 AM
What you mean by "high quality"?

You got the dvdrip here: thepiratebay.sx

Also, the untouched DVD is on PTP.

usersname
05-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Hello

Are you incapable of doing your own searches?

In the 10 seconds it took to search - I have found it on numerous nzb indexers and Public Torrent Sites.

I imagine it would of took you longer to create this thread than it would of to search for it.

The Devil and Daniel Johnstone. 2005 - DVDRIP available

The Devil and Daniel Webster. 2004 - 1080P Blu-Rays are available.

And, I had to "rejoin" to post this!

Memphy
05-23-2013, 02:37 PM
I only found DVD's and they are not high quality material as we all know. I don't use usenet, so didn't search over there, but I searched every hd tracker I have and found nothing. Don't have PTP and I know it would be useful since i'm a unusual movie buff, but no luck getting in, actually in there I had hoped there should be something capped from a HDTV broadcast at least. Where is that blu-ray available please?

Uhh, sorry, didn't notice you found something about Webster not Johnston, talk about who doesn't know how to search.

If somebody has ptn/its (or whatever tracker used to upload arm releases), x264 or karagarga could try and search there since I don't have them either. No point in searching well known hd trackers since I have them all and it's not there.

Arguti
05-24-2013, 12:54 AM
I only found DVD's and they are not high quality material as we all know. I don't use usenet, so didn't search over there, but I searched every hd tracker I have and found nothing. Don't have PTP and I know it would be useful since i'm a unusual movie buff, but no luck getting in, actually in there I had hoped there should be something capped from a HDTV broadcast at least. Where is that blu-ray available please?

Uhh, sorry, didn't notice you found something about Webster not Johnston, talk about who doesn't know how to search.

If somebody has ptn/its (or whatever tracker used to upload arm releases), x264 or karagarga could try and search there since I don't have them either. No point in searching well known hd trackers since I have them all and it's not there.

It was not released on bluray, so any HD releases you may find are fakes. The best quality is the complete DVD and as I said before it's available at PTP. I don't know if it's available in the other trackers you mentioned, I'm not a member.

IdolEyes787
05-24-2013, 01:25 AM
I only found DVD's and they are not high quality material as we all know.

By "we all" I assume you mean HD prigs like yourself.
God forbid you might be forced to "slum" and watch something that was merely considered the standard for excellence a paltry few years ago(yeah laser disc whatever but you get the point) .

Seriously you couldn't really want to watch it anyway if a bunch of missing pixels make the slightest difference but you don't for to twist the words of Marshal McCluen ,to you the media is the message or something.

Movie buff my archaic ass.HD snob more like.

I'm sure you'll find this rude of me but honestly it's not half as offensive as your ridiculous prejudices .
(Some) people nowadays have so freaking much and still only seem to care about whatever stupid thing still elude their gluttonous little grasps.

mitymek
05-24-2013, 02:28 AM
"I'm sure you'll find this rude of me but honestly it's not half as offensive as your ridiculous prejudices .
(Some) people nowadays have so freaking much and still only seem to care about whatever stupid thing still elude their gluttonous little grasps."

roflmao! why is it the more truthful a slam is the funnier it is? the man makes a point, as usual.
dang i wish i could come up with lines like that for our company monday meetings.

megabyteme
05-24-2013, 02:29 AM
I only found DVD's and they are not high quality material as we all know.

By "we all" I assume you mean HD prigs like yourself.
God forbid you might be forced to "slum" and watch something that was merely considered the standard for excellence a paltry few years ago(yeah laser disc whatever but you get the point) .

Seriously you couldn't really want to watch it anyway if a bunch of missing pixels make the slightest difference but you don't for to twist the words of Marshal McCluen ,to you the media is the message or something.

Movie buff my archaic ass.HD snob more like.

I'm sure you'll find this rude of me but honestly it's not half as offensive as your ridiculous prejudices .
(Some) people nowadays have so freaking much and still only seem to care about whatever stupid thing still elude their gluttonous little grasps.

I refuse to read your posts until you begin writing in a 1080p font. Granted, most of your post pixels are a waste, but we must have standards. :dry:

pootystomp
05-24-2013, 02:49 AM
If you watch a DVD on a 1080p tv then your "watching" it in 1080p. If you not satisfied in your tvs ability to magically fill over 2 million pixels with 338000 source pixels then you should sit further away from it.

Tokeman
05-24-2013, 03:17 AM
I watch dvd's on my 1080p tv all the time. Granted its not like some ginormous screen but it looks just fine to me. Maybe its your player?

Memphy
05-24-2013, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Memphy;3700798]By "we all" I assume you mean HD prigs like yourself.

No I don't. By "we all" I meant that we all know that DVD's are not the highest quality, and when someone refers to HQ nowadays, he/she refers to Blu-rays, HDTV broadcasts, WEB-Dl's and so on. I watch DVD's without flinching (I don't really have a huge TV either) when nothing else is available or when the Director intends for us to watch it in a different quality (Pulp Fiction for example), but indeed, before I start watching something, I always search for the best quality because why not? It's just a few clicks away and I don't need it right away because there is so much material to watch anyway.

I don't find it rude, I find it odd because I truly didn't wanted to take a hit at anything, I was just wondering and hoping that there's some "oasis" of half-weird/interesting hd movies out there that I hadn't heard about. And you have to agree that watching a documentary in DVD quality is somewhat different than in HD (not this one, but the majority), the message is in both of them, but you get more powerful images in the latter.

IdolEyes787
05-24-2013, 12:07 PM
No I don't. By "we all" I meant that we all know that DVD's are not the highest quality, and when someone refers to HQ nowadays, he/she refers to Blu-rays, HDTV broadcasts, WEB-Dl's and so on. I watch DVD's without flinching (I don't really have a huge TV either) when nothing else is available or when the Director intends for us to watch it in a different quality (Pulp Fiction for example), but indeed, before I start watching something, I always search for the best quality because why not? It's just a few clicks away and I don't need it right away because there is so much material to watch anyway.

There you go presuming to speak for everyone again.Personally when I see HQ I think of it referring to headquarters and then Bar Refaeli's rack but maybe not in that order.
As for stuff being "just a few clicks away"(for free) but you still adamantly refusing anything but "the best" I'm sure you have heard of the word ingrate.

I don't find it rude, I find it odd because I truly didn't wanted to take a hit at anything, I was just wondering and hoping that there's some "oasis" of half-weird/interesting hd movies out there that I hadn't heard about. And you have to agree that watching a documentary in DVD quality is somewhat different than in HD (not this one, but the majority), the message is in both of them, but you get more powerful images in the latter.

There are no HD movies there are only movies in HD :frusty:and so despite your protests we truly see upon which side your bread is buttered.

As for "oases" I get this disturbing feeling that were you dying from thirst after wandering for days in the desert and then miraculously stumbling an oasis you would have the affront to ask God "Yeah but couldn't the water have been a little bluer?":mellow:

Like I said you want for basically nothing and still you're not satisfied.
On the other hand I know this guy whose family died in a car accident and he doesn't have a job and he now lives in a cardboard box and somehow he's still thankful for whatever small mercies he is shown.
I best not ever tell him about this WEB-Dl shit that's all the rage with internet tweens for he may start cursing his lot in life.

dang i wish i could come up with lines like that for our company monday meetings.
Probably just as well that you can't as the rest of the McDonald's kitchen staff would likely just look at you funny.

megabyteme
05-24-2013, 06:31 PM
On the other hand I know this guy whose family died in a car accident and he doesn't have a job and he now lives in a cardboard box and somehow he's still thankful for whatever small mercies he is shown.

Wow, take out the parts with the dying family and thankfulness, and you just described Darth Arse's life. :O

Memphy
05-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Ok, I understand now that you are flagrantly trying to bash me and everything I say that could have double meaning, you understood what I meant but yet still found time to pick on my language even though it's not my native one. I really don't know how come I came across so unsatisfied, ungrateful and "adamantly refusing anything but "the best"". I'm not, and I won't indulge you with another "needing reply" response so that you start your comedy routine again (even this last sentence is said with a little smile and no harm whatsoever, I'm a peaceful and calm guy and I'm not joking). I don't know who are you used to talk to, but I didn't had one malicious thought while posting in this thread, I was just trying to find out stuff I don't know about. I can post high quality movies *oh sorry, movies in high quality*, and everybody would understand that I'm referring to blu-rays and the likes (in the form that I wrote the first post, not like "recommend me some high quality movies"). DVD's are not high quality anymore (I have nothing against them but they aren't). You may close this thread, since I will not post anymore (for what reason? arguing who is right or wrong is not one), but feel free to take one (hope that one is enough, though I doubt it) last shot at me so that everybody will cheer you off the stage. Have a good night (again, sincerely and not sarcastically, and the sentence before that was my attempt at a little joke, but with you, not against you).

IdolEyes787
05-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Ok, I understand now that you are flagrantly trying to bash me and everything I say that could have double meaning, you understood what I meant but yet still found time to pick on my language even though it's not my native one. I really don't know how come I came across so unsatisfied, ungrateful and "adamantly refusing anything but "the best"". I'm not, and I won't indulge you with another "needing reply" response so that you start your comedy routine again (even this last sentence is said with a little smile and no harm whatsoever, I'm a peaceful and calm guy and I'm not joking). I don't know who are you used to talk to, but I didn't had one malicious thought while posting in this thread, I was just trying to find out stuff I don't know about. I can post high quality movies *oh sorry, movies in high quality*, and everybody would understand that I'm referring to blu-rays and the likes (in the form that I wrote the first post, not like "recommend me some high quality movies"). DVD's are not high quality anymore (I have nothing against them but they aren't). You may close this thread, since I will not post anymore (for what reason? arguing who is right or wrong is not one), but feel free to take one (hope that one is enough, though I doubt it) last shot at me so that everybody will cheer you off the stage. Have a good night (again, sincerely and not sarcastically, and the sentence before that was my attempt at a little joke, but with you, not against you).

I wasn't trying to bash you only what you said and I'm glad you can seemingly differentiate between the two although I still think you are confusing "bashing" with presenting an alternate viewpoint that you don't happen to agree with.
Anyway simply answer me this,you do understand that (for example) Here Comes the Boom on blu-ray can't rightly be described as a high quality movie in any language Apache native or otherwise or by any stretch of anyone's imagination?

Also DVD are high quality media just not the highest as everything is relative or something.

Btw,true story,I wasn't trying to offend you or anger you or inflate myself,like I said I just happen to not like anything that smacks of pretense .
Why even in my High School yearbook under pet peeves I wrote "I can't abide anyone driving around in Camaros trying to be cool when their cars obviously don't hold a candle to my GTO".:mellow:

See that's probably a joke but then again Camaros obviously aren't high quality and never have been.