PDA

View Full Version : Windows Networking issue with Netgear NeoTV350 media player

JangoFett
05-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi guys, hoping some of you can give me a bit of expert advice on a networking issue.

I have a Netgear NeoTV 350 media player rigged up to my TV and networked over the powerline with me PC (Windows 7 ultimate x64).

Since last week whenever I try to access a file on my computer I get a message saying I need to enter my network user Id and password (see below). Never have had to do this in the two years I have had the media player.

So I have tried the following to try and rectify the issue –

· Switched off Firewall altogether – still getting issue
· Moved firewall from Bitdefender to windows firewall – still getting the issue
· Ensured all folders I am trying to access are available to share as read/write
· Ensured sharing and network discovery was turned on in the network and sharing centre.
· In the media streaming option I have allowed the media player access also.
· Factory re-set the media player in case that was the problem.

After all of the above, I am still getting the error message on the player when I try to access files on my PC. I have also entered my network ID and password when prompted to see if that would fix the issue but I still get a login failed notification.

I’m running out of options here as to how to fix this issue so if anyone has any advice I’d really appreciate the input before I fire the pc and player out the window !

JangoFett

pootystomp
05-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Do you have any router software on your computer. It looks like its eating your router login creds.

teflon05
05-25-2013, 08:10 PM
I have this problem with my WDTV Live hub occasionally, & unplugging/resetting my router & restarting my PC solves it.

JangoFett
05-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Just to give an update here guys, it appears to be a known issue with Media players not being able to connect to the network when you install Windows Live, which I did prior to the issues starting, just never thought one would impact the other !

Anyway, problem solved and hopefully this will be of help to others having similar problems.

JangoFett.