PDA

View Full Version : FerralHosting.com....Seedboxes .....A look inside !

RizKhan25000
05-26-2013, 05:19 AM
I have usually 1 or 2 dedicated kimsufi with me all the time but I also keep a managed seedbox because I have found that seedboxes designed and set by professionals are always much effecient and polished then my own configured pitiful dedicated servers. I change the companies a lot so to test and apprise the services provided by different companies/groups/peoples. A few days ago I bought a seedbox from FeralHosting.com. It was £15 Neon Box. I was not expecting much from the box and was prepared for average speeds and performance. But it turned out one of the most amazing deals I have made so far. Let me give you the specifications of the seedbox and then see how it performed.
Price £15
Seedbox Neon
Download 10 Gbps
upload 505Mbps
Location London, Cogent
Upload 5TB

Now keeping in view the price £15 I was ready for average performance with speed like 10 to 15MBps (please note 1 MBps = 8Mbps ). I it completely performed well beyond my expectations. I was hitting 49MBps upload speed (49MBps=392Mbps) and 180MBps download speed (180MBps=1440Mbps=1.4Gbps). Now the best part is that I was getting these speeds constantly. A screenshot of the seedbox is produced below :-

So it is fantastic service.. though a few cons as well....The service is not exemplary regarding answering support tickets.. I have quite a few open tickets but without any answers. So that is a shady area which they need to improve. There are a number of software available for install on their web support page :-

I am satisfied with the return I have got for my money and can safely recommend £15 Neon box. I can safely say that for £15 Neon is the best offer in the market with nothing competing offered by any other company.

05-26-2013, 06:01 AM
feralhosting spam pls leave.
btw it's just feralhosing's modded deluge cheating with it's upload spamming.
you can use deluge on any other box too.
also OVH sucks, so no suprise there.

RizKhan25000
05-26-2013, 09:19 AM
It is not a spam. You can search my other posts as well. I can assure you there is no cheating as I was able to make TB uploads on several trackers within one day of purchase of the seedbox. Question . Have you used Neon ? if not then you have made a spam if yes then .......... I am enjoying amazing speeds and making huge uploads on different trackers.

Also I am using ovh for years and have no problem with them. I buy directly from them . no reseller. That is my advice. Buy directly from them. Anyone can install rutorrent/rtorrent and you would have 100 mbps duplex seedbox for a nominal price. i can help you install rutorrent/rtorrent if you purchase kimsufi directly from ovh.

IdolEyes787
05-26-2013, 12:59 PM
I was able to make TB uploads on several trackers within one day of purchase of the seedbox........ and making huge uploads on different trackers.

Kewl story dewd now if you could only give me one sane reason for doing this it will be perfect.:mellow:

RizKhan25000
05-26-2013, 02:16 PM
You have a point. I am already thinking of getting out of this madness . What about usenet ! It may be that I am doing some last fireworks before changing the venue...

absent_today
05-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Are you a mathematician or statistician ? Whats the point of this post and several of your other posts ?

RizKhan25000
05-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Information! some one advised me to get a box from feralhosting.com. I got it and was completely satisfied with it so why not pass on the information to others. Why not do some good instead of sitting idle.

IdolEyes787
05-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Information! some one advised me to get a box from feralhosting.com. I got it and was completely satisfied with it so why not pass on the information to others. Why not do some good instead of sitting idle.

I know this may come as a shock but by any definition of good I could find ,you aren't doing any. :mellow:

absent_today
05-27-2013, 01:21 AM
Some much for fake speeds

http://i.imgur.com/IC92joT.jpg

RizKhan25000
05-27-2013, 03:06 PM

I know this may come as a shock but by any definition of good I could find ,you aren't doing any. :mellow:

Good is a relative term. The consideration of something being good may differ by culture to culture, religion to religion, country to country, ideology to ideology and many many other things. So it may not be possible for me to explain or change your thinking about something being good or bad. Let us come to objective grounds. Why it is bad. If you have no logical reasons to consider it bad then at least it is not bad

Some much for fake spee

http://i.imgur.com/IC92joT.jpg

It looks genuine to me may be thanks to my ignorance. But the images I posted were of a box which was obtained for only £15, with the company name and box specification. What is the company name, box specification and price of your seedbox ? The point is not only speed but what specific speed you are getting for a specific price. If you are getting these speeds from a £100 then it is simply non relevant case.

absent_today
05-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Feralhosting, but you are not reading between lines

dvdasacd
05-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the thread.

I'm glad to see this info posted, as I've been looking at feral for a while. ...cos I'm really ready for much faster speeds now. I find 100Mbit a bit limiting when you're on a good connection at your end and want to pull stuff fast from the swarm and THEN immediately to your end of the internet, and if you want to do this with multiple torrents at a time then 100Mbit is just choked and slower than what you could get with 10Gbit speeds. I'm just impatient sometimes...plus I'm looking to upload to multiple sites at once sometimes so the extra bandwidth can come in handy to literally propagate it in the (private) torrentsphere at speeds everyone will love.And yeah - I'm not an expert but from what I've observed from the outside, feral seem more a bunch of guys who set you up with a great slice of server space with a specific array of features and options, and then from there you're mostly expected to deal with any issues or changes you want done to the box yourself. They give you the keys you need, you've got ssh and everything, and with this you're more on your own than with other seedbox providers.

By contrast, the dudes I'm with at the moment, superseedbox.co.uk, are the total opposite regarding support tickets and being attentive to your every needs and holding your hands and fixing things for you - no matter how small or big. They even have live web chat which I've used about 5-6 times in the past month of two...they seem online about 50% of the time which is pretty good. But if not, my many support requests have been answered often within 15 minutes...

However, they don't offer a product anywhere near as good as feral for the price you pay. Like half as good...even a third....

so... :S

d

brento
05-27-2013, 05:24 PM
i'm gay

absent_today
05-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks for confirming had doubts ever since

ccg
05-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Feral have moved everything to Cogent and now all seedboxes are based in London. Shall be interesting to see how happy Cogent are when in aboout 2 months their network is destroyed by all these new seedboxes? Also I'm not so sure having a seedbox in the UK is a good idea as Feral admin did admit to me that if forced by authorities they would release name of cleint etc...

james99
05-29-2013, 04:35 PM

Good is a relative term. The consideration of something being good may differ by culture to culture, religion to religion, country to country, ideology to ideology and many many other things. So it may not be possible for me to explain or change your thinking about something being good or bad. Let us come to objective grounds. Why it is bad. If you have no logical reasons to consider it bad then at least it is not bad

RizKhan, you are totally right. You win the argument this time. You ARE doing good. Good marketing for the seedbox company, that is... ;)

IdolEyes787
05-29-2013, 04:48 PM

RizKhan, you are totally right. You win the argument this time. You ARE doing good. Good marketing for the seedbox company, that is... ;)

I find it ironic that you think you can freely comment on someone else's action/beliefs when you don't seem to be willing to allow others the same courtesy.:mellow:http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/451916-SCC-Invite?p=3701754#post3701754

Good isn't a "relative term" .Cultures and ideologies only pervert the meaning like you're attempting to do here to justify their ends.
If that does nothing for you then consider this, that something isn't good doesn't by default make it bad as you also apparently think.
Between black and white/good and bad there's this whole big confusing area of grey.:mellow:

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/451916-SCC-Invite?p=3701785&viewfull=1#post3701785

People probably wouldn't treat you as badly if you weren't such a thin-skinned self serving tool.

See even if you view this site solely as an invite forum as you apparently seem to ,it's still a forum and not allowing others their say right wrong or somewhere in between just isn't how a forum, invite or otherwise is suppose to operate.
If you wish it to be otherwise I strongly suggest you join other more disingenuous site where everyone will smile to your face just as long as there exists the possibility that they can still use you for something. :mellow:

james99
05-29-2013, 10:04 PM
In response to....oh wait! I don't feed trolls. You should know better than that, IdolEyes787.

Nice try though! :)

IdolEyes787
05-29-2013, 10:14 PM
In response to....oh wait! I don't feed trolls. You should know better than that, IdolEyes787.

Troll in this case apparently being anyone who doesn't agree with your extremely narrow mindset.
Anyway forgive my trollish insolence for making valid points that you obviously can't refute.:mellow:

Btw you did respond if only to troll.

So basically what you've trying to say is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAp9sFVdERQ

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/451916-SCC-Invite?p=3701846&viewfull=1#post3701846

You say feel free to disagree but them you don't give anyone the opportunity to.I guess in that fair mindedness you and Stalin have a lot in common.:mellow:
Also not that you care having already created some delusional fantasy about the whole thing but anon is fair to a fault even to "chip on their shoulder" people like yourself.

Btw by "people like Idoleyes" I assume you mean the Blacks which sort of makes you a racist.

james99
05-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Keep trying! You'll succeed one day! (Or not...) And you will get rewarded handsomely! (Or not..)

Wait, was I supposed to read that post above?

"Oops!"

I just see the distinct green IdolEyes "retired staff" crap on the left and scroll down immediately to the next post without wasting ANY time reading what a demented sadistic troll like yourself has to say.

But do keep trying!! Waste your pathetic life away talking to yourself. Keep on trolling! Don't let me stop you just because I don't read what you write.
It's what you do best and is apparently the only thing you're good at in life. Pathetic indeed. Especially for your age.

Very sad guy. I feel sorry for you. You have my pity.

Now let's not let anything get in the way of your tremendous waste of time/life and go continue writing shit I'll never read. I guess it's kind of like you're keeping a diary. In your case it's more like diarrhea but hey, let's not get into semantics. ;)

IdolEyes787
05-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Keep trying! You'll succeed one day! (Or not...) And you will get rewarded handsomely! (Or not..)

Wait, was I supposed to read that post above?

"Oops!"

I just see the distinct green IdolEyes "retired staff" crap on the left and scroll down immediately to the next post without wasting ANY time reading what a demented sadistic troll like yourself has to say.

But do keep trying!! Waste your pathetic life away talking to yourself. Keep on trolling! Don't let me stop you just because I don't read what you write.
It's what you do best and is apparently the only thing you're good at in life. Pathetic indeed. Especially for your age.

Very sad guy. I feel sorry for you. You have my pity.

Now let's not let anything get in the way of your tremendous waste of time/life and go continue writing shit I'll never read. I guess it's kind of like you're keeping a diary. In your case it's more like diarrhea but hey, let's not get into semantics. ;) :lol: It's kind of fascinating that me being the "demented sadistic troll" can still maintain some sense of decorum and not resort to unnecessary or unfounded personal attacks and you the supposedly good,reasonable and forthright person cannot.

It's also interesting how very little prodding it took until your true nature was revealed.:mellow:

Also how soon they, meaning you self serving ingrate that you are, forget.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/420625-REQ-Vipmusic-org?p=3485462&viewfull=1#post3485462

(http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/420625-REQ-Vipmusic-org?p=3485462&viewfull=1#post3485462)

dvdasacd
05-30-2013, 03:55 AM
See even if you view this site solely as an invite forum as you apparently seem to ,it's still a forum and not allowing others their say right wrong or somewhere in between just isn't how a forum, invite or otherwise is suppose to operate.I happened to be privileged enough to visit the original forum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Forum), among the ruins of Rome. It was a poignant moment, meandering through the archeological remains of this ancient place, discovering the origin of this term and of this activity I do so much here at FST, CFS, What.CD, and other places in the same proverbial boat.

I know that etymology is such that a word's meaning and usage changes over the ages, but to realise the connection to a word's origin indeed gives us insight to its unperverted initial intention.

A forum, is a marketplace (just now one of ideas, knowledge and opinions, not fruit and slaves); and as such, infers an equally accessible back and forth, between its participants. A one-way conversation, or discourse, is Church, and I'm pretty sure no one here at FST intends to emulate the spirit of Church.

So in the spirit of etmology, let's please, all allow equal treatment of each other, a bartering of discourse, otherwise, you only deserve to be locked in the confession box spelling out all your sins along with how many thousands of dollars of income you've stolen from those starving people working in the film industry who clearly would be able to get by if only you pay for all those movies you illegally download throughout your life.

IdolEyes787
05-30-2013, 10:48 AM
See even if you view this site solely as an invite forum as you apparently seem to ,it's still a forum and not allowing others their say right wrong or somewhere in between just isn't how a forum, invite or otherwise is suppose to operate.I happened to be privileged enough to visit the original forum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Forum), among the ruins of Rome. It was a poignant moment, meandering through the archeological remains of this ancient place, discovering the origin of this term and of this activity I do so much here at FST, CFS, What.CD, and other places in the same proverbial boat.

I know that etymology is such that a word's meaning and usage changes over the ages, but to realise the connection to a word's origin indeed gives us insight to its unperverted initial intention.

A forum, is a marketplace (just now one of ideas, knowledge and opinions, not fruit and slaves); and as such, infers an equally accessible back and forth, between its participants. A one-way conversation, or discourse, is Church, and I'm pretty sure no one here at FST intends to emulate the spirit of Church.

So in the spirit of etmology, let's please, all allow equal treatment of each other, a bartering of discourse, otherwise, you only deserve to be locked in the confession box spelling out all your sins along with how many thousands of dollars of income you've stolen from those starving people working in the film industry who clearly would be able to get by if only you pay for all those movies you illegally download throughout your life.

James99 likewise was in Rome but spent almost all of his time going up to people and telling them "Do as I do".:mellow:

That's OK though because having lived for maybe twenty years he apparently already knows everything save social grace and is always right.

Anyway I felt compelled to add this (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/451916-SCC-Invite?p=3701866&viewfull=1#post3701866) definition of tool to Wikipedia.

Milestonjon033
06-20-2013, 05:04 AM
Thanks for sharing this data. This is actually a message to be wise by every teenagers not to drink hard liquor wherein they can't handle. Thanks....

anon
06-20-2013, 04:02 PM
This is actually a message to be wise by every teenagers not to drink hard liquor wherein they can't handle.

:blink:

shipwreck
06-20-2013, 06:46 PM
FST is to weirdos what turd is to flies.