PDA

View Full Version : Any other Index sites for NTSC DVDr's?

Pilferd
06-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Besides FST, does anyone have an index site for NTSC DVDr releases? Ive signed up to a ton of sites over the years and none are any good with DVDr releases.

I like the way we have it set up here but its just nice to have a backup incase of downtime

Beck38
06-04-2013, 11:04 PM
At this point in time (going on 13+ years into the HD era) it's a pretty slim possibility; your best bet is to hope that the posting filename/tagline has 'ntsc' in it (along with 'DVD9' or 'recoded' etc), and use one of the better raw indexers out there to filter the results.

There is a fair amount out there I trip across, usually in the a.b.dvd9 group. At this point with the low cost of either hard drive space or blu-ray (burners or BD-25's blanks), recoding (and either xvid or any of the other flavors of crunched formats) is pretty much dead.

Pilferd
06-07-2013, 12:13 PM
thanks for the reply beck

yeh, NTSC DVDrs have never really been as popular as the rips do to size and the connivance of streaming or playing on the PC, but i still prefer them if available. Im always checking ORLYDB for posts but sometimes they are posted in groups that binsearch doesnt index.

If anyone else knows of a good forum/site, or even a better indexer than binsearch, can you shoot me a PM. Im not looking for any invites (unless you want to give one) just a good spot for NTSC DVDrs.

hamasha
06-07-2013, 12:49 PM
i think sparvar.org has a lot of them

Pilferd
06-07-2013, 11:54 PM
sparvar looks like a torrent site, havent used torrents in years

ill bookmark it and keep it in mind, thanks hamasha

justlooking
06-08-2013, 12:16 AM
What about these results. Good or bad?

http://www.nzbclub.com/search.aspx?q=NTSC+DVDr

Pilferd
06-09-2013, 03:20 PM
sorry for the late reply justlooking

yeh the results are good

i actually forgot about nzbclub, binsearch just happened to become my goto search site. i saved nzbclub to my bookmarks

thanks

kooyonga
11-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Sorry to drag up an old thread but any luck with this? I'm looking for DVDRs of classic films such as Home Alone, Predator, Braveheart etc mainly for the commentary track (which I rip and add to my mkv of the film). Pity TheDVDClub closed earlier this year. It seems, quite rightly, DVD is dead but I'm surprised they're gone everywhere online!

justlooking
11-13-2013, 03:14 AM
Sorry to drag up an old thread but any luck with this? I'm looking for DVDRs of classic films such as Home Alone, Predator, Braveheart etc mainly for the commentary track (which I rip and add to my mkv of the film). Pity TheDVDClub closed earlier this year. It seems, quite rightly, DVD is dead but I'm surprised they're gone everywhere online!

If you would've posted this last month, I would've said that all those movies you mentioned are on this torrent tracker that was open then. https://opentrackers.org/bithq/
On Usenet, it's a real crapshoot to find those. You have to search engines like nzb.su and nzbindex etc, and occasionally they show up.

kooyonga
11-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the reply mate....I'll try and find an invite for bithq....thanks again.

Bhanche
11-13-2013, 11:20 AM
binaryinvasion.com is good for finding DVD usenet content.

kooyonga
11-13-2013, 05:33 PM
I didn't actually realise this was in the "Newsgroups" section until after I posted (came here via a Google search). I think I'm stuffed re usenet as they're all from 2004-2006 and I don't think there's any provider with retention stretching that far back. Although I'm open to contradiction.

justlooking
11-13-2013, 08:05 PM
rutracker has what you want and is open most of the time, and is easy to navigate with a translator. The only difference between there and English sites is the addition of Russian audio tracks, which shouldn't matter one way or the other. This is typical

"So here is the author's translation Gavrilova. The rest - a full DVD9-disk of appropriate quality and content: there is an English and Russian 5.1 track, there is audio commentary track of bonuses - movie and film about the shooting.

Quality: DVD9
Format: DVD Video
Video codec: MPEG2
Audio Codec: AC3
Video: NTSC 16:9 (720x480) VBR Auto Pan & Scan, Auto Letterboxed
Audio: Russian (Dolby AC3, 6 ch) Gavrilov, English (Dolby AC3, 6 ch), English (Dolby AC3, 2 ch) Comments director
Subtitles: English"

kooyonga
11-13-2013, 09:21 PM
Nope...I tried Home Alone, Predator, Braveheart and Miracle on 34th Street and none of them had the commentaries in AC3. They'd mainly keep the main English audio track and nothing else. The rest would be Russian tracks. Thanks anyway mate.

kooyonga
11-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Just to add that that rutracker came in very very handy in the end! Very nice indeed. Thank you justlooking. I also now know "commentary" in Russian starts with a "K"!!! :D