PDA

View Full Version : A List Of Usenet Providers

DasFox
06-09-2013, 06:41 AM
Hi Guys, I didn't see a list here and thought I'd create one, so we can start sharing and talking about the various Newsgroups out there, who's good, who's what and who's crap!

Oh the woooos of Usenet these days with passworded archives and takedowns, OH NO is it time to SAY TORRENTS? AHHHHHHHHHH

So here's my list on what I know to share...

Astraweb - Stay away, they retain your personal data INDEFINITELY on their servers, so unless you know how to pay them anonymously, I'd steer clear. But I personally don't think any Usenet Provider should be retaining data for this long, or at all! Also staff at times not friendly and you take my money you better be nice!

Supernews - To much take downs, stay away!

Newshosting.com -They're a big and popular company, probably a lot of takedowns...

Giganews - They're big too, so they probably get a lot of take downs, not sure? So share what you know...

Eweka - Suppose to be a good Dutch provider, but I had slow speeds with them

Please share providers you know and recommend!

THANKS

user3240
06-09-2013, 08:50 PM
If you upload, all of them will have your info (if you gave them correct info) for as long as it's on their server. None of them log WHAT you download. They log the amount of data you use. There are only four large Usenet servers that have server farms in both the USA and Europe. All the others are resellers. That includes Eweka. They resell Highwinds.

All of the large international companies are fine as a primary provider.

Your back up Block account should be a company with no American presence. These are mostly in the NL. Even the NL has takedowns but not as fast as the ones with American server farms.

For non -Us based companies and to see who owns what:

http://imgur.com/r/usenet/Clg4x

DngrMs
06-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Useless thread I'm afraid unless somebody contributes quantifiable information on provider performance.