View Full Version : BitGamer is back

DrParker
06-13-2013, 09:53 AM
http://bitgamer.ch/account-signup.php
:w00t::w00t:
is it real?

Arguti
06-13-2013, 11:19 AM
With the recent news of Underground Gamer and GazzelleGames shutting down, it was a massive blow to the torrent gaming community. It seems that recent pressure from certain industry groups has taken it's toll.

Therefore, we have decided to resurrect bitGAMER as best we could in order to allow gamers to continue to have a home in order to share their torrents. I want to make it clear that this tracker has not been created by former bitGAMER staff, the last thing we want is for them to receive threats for something they have not done.

We are however looking for any previous bitGAMER staff that would like to resume their roles if they wish to, or previous experienced members.

Please bare with us if you find any errors on the site and report them accordingly to Staff.

Enjoy, and happy downloading!

//Staff

It's someone trying to take advantage of the tracker name.

Prior
06-13-2013, 11:42 AM
With the recent news of Underground Gamer and GazzelleGames shutting down, it was a massive blow to the torrent gaming community. It seems that recent pressure from certain industry groups has taken it's toll.

Therefore, we have decided to resurrect bitGAMER as best we could in order to allow gamers to continue to have a home in order to share their torrents. I want to make it clear that this tracker has not been created by former bitGAMER staff, the last thing we want is for them to receive threats for something they have not done.

We are however looking for any previous bitGAMER staff that would like to resume their roles if they wish to, or previous experienced members.

Please bare with us if you find any errors on the site and report them accordingly to Staff.

Enjoy, and happy downloading!

//Staff

It's someone trying to take advantage of the tracker name.

Any possibility of this being a sting by a gaming company, or the industry in general, to get IP's of people downloading their material? Has this been done before in any industry (such as movies).

Arguti
06-13-2013, 12:34 PM
It can be anything really, scam or a legit new tracker. The only thing you know for sure is that the previous staff from bitgamer is not involved. If you want to join i would recommend extra careful like you should have with any other new tracker.

anon
06-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Any possibility of this being a sting by a gaming company, or the industry in general, to get IP's of people downloading their material? Has this been done before in any industry (such as movies).

Fake trackers (as in the BitTorrent component that keeps track of torrents and peers) have been used by them to capture IPs and distribute garbage torrents in the past. If they ever went to the point of setting up a full-fledged fake private site to fish for addresses, I don't know, but usually they tend to focus their biggest efforts on public torrents.

Just in case, it's better to be safe than sorry - approach this site with caution, use a different password (as you should anyway), and maybe a disposable e-mail address.

EyeCandy
06-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Hey, conspiracy theorists.....You know whats easier than setting up a fake tracker....Is going after ones that already huge...or going after public trackers....No agency would do that...It's called entrapment....The same reason stings such as 'bait car' are illegal in majority of the states...

anon
06-14-2013, 02:17 AM
This picture is mandatory at this point.

iMiKE
06-14-2013, 03:21 AM
What??? Underground-gamer is closing??? OMFG, I must download all what I want from UG before it dies(((

shipwreck
06-14-2013, 06:51 AM
Hey, conspiracy theorists.....You know whats easier than setting up a fake tracker....Is going after ones that already huge...or going after public trackers....No agency would do that...It's called entrapment....The same reason stings such as 'bait car' are illegal in majority of the states...

That's actually wrong. The FBI has set up fake sites in the past, albeit top ftp sites for the 'real' scene with scene group affils. I know that for a fact (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Site_Down).

There is no reason why they couldn't do the same with a bittorrent tracker.

gerey
06-16-2013, 08:26 PM
fake and very bad tracker...i open tomorrow..scenetorrents.zu :D new sct active torrent 24...seeder 1 :D

IdolEyes787
06-16-2013, 08:37 PM
fake and very bad tracker...

So basically you only a tracker.

mike160
06-17-2013, 12:50 PM
has anyone yet signup to the new bitgamer site ? is it any good as the original site ? is it as big as the old site ? can you use your old account to login ?

Sparx
06-17-2013, 01:27 PM
You can't use your old account to login.
After few days the tracker has about 125 torrents.
New torrents are being uploaded every day.
It is up to you if you want to join. One thing is certain - we need some new gaming/console tracker.

Intr4ns1t
06-17-2013, 07:59 PM
One thing is certain - we need some new gaming/console tracker.

What's wrong with BCG?

mike160
06-17-2013, 08:07 PM
wow 125 torrents not much :(

anon
06-17-2013, 08:11 PM
What's wrong with BCG?

I'm guessing his concern is that Blackcats is now pretty much the only decent game tracker around, and if something happens to it, we're doomed (maybe).

Intr4ns1t
06-17-2013, 08:36 PM
What's wrong with BCG?

I'm guessing his concern is that Blackcats is now pretty much the only decent game tracker around, and if something happens to it, we're doomed (maybe).

Fair enough, though after a quick search, IPT has like 12,000 game torrents. I know it's not l33t and all but it's something.

1000possibleclaws
06-17-2013, 10:06 PM
I'd bet if something ever threatened BCG to the point where it was considering closing, their community would launch a couple replacements and not too much would be lost. I wouldn't be worried even if BCG is the only legit option for a wide array game selections.

DrParker
06-21-2013, 02:40 PM
I'd bet if something ever threatened BCG to the point where it was considering closing, their community would launch a couple replacements and not too much would be lost. I wouldn't be worried even if BCG is the only legit option for a wide array game selections.

dont bet on it... the only tracker that as done that before is oink which had huge user base

dorukhan
06-21-2013, 02:43 PM
not real bg