PDA

View Full Version : Private Cloud

Derek101
06-23-2013, 05:16 AM
Hello,

I need to setup a private cloud.

This is what I want to do:

1) Host video and audio files on my PC

2) Be able to stream those same files on any WIFI enabled device or computer, Mac or PC connected to the net.

3) Be able to download those same files onto whatever device I am using and be able to playback the files whilst offline.

4) Be able to share these files with people of my choosing.

I have already tried "selfcloud" but it does not allow offline viewing of files on iphone or ipad. Also it seems to not support landscape playback of video. Works swell for android but not apple devices

Can anyone suggest a good software option for setting this cloud up on a PC? Preferably a free software.

Thanks in advance.

--------

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Model EP35-DS3R, CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GenuineIntel, Physical Memory: 3583 MB Total, 2709 MB Free, Hard Disk: (1X500GB Western Digital SATA, 3 Partitions), NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

hogfish
06-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Plex has a pretty compelling offering that works well. You install Plex Media Server on your computer and have it manage your library (it also has a 10' interface for your HTPC). They have mobile apps that can stream, and they have a service that allows you to access your collection anywhere. More advanced features of the service are paid, but the basic service is free.

georgeranjeev
07-10-2013, 02:56 PM
you could use owncloud

stuffedgoose
07-11-2013, 03:48 AM
Have used Plex and did not like it. I just use ES File Explorer on android to browse the files on my network. allows streaming and copying and negates the need for lots of annoying network configuration.

renhoek93
09-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Get Cloud load.

megabyteme
09-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Plex has a pretty compelling offering that works well. You install Plex Media Server on your computer and have it manage your library (it also has a 10' interface for your HTPC). They have mobile apps that can stream, and they have a service that allows you to access your collection anywhere. More advanced features of the service are paid, but the basic service is free.

Plex takes a bit of effort to set it up, but works nicely to allow access to collections while away. I use it frequently at home, too.

tucan
09-23-2013, 09:16 PM
try subsonic http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp