PDA

View Full Version : Ratio-free non scene movie tracker?

soulreaper
06-26-2013, 04:37 AM
Howdy. So here's my problem. My tracker list is found wanting when I'm trying to dl a nice old classic in 720p or even a 90s film without worrying about my ratio on a site like PTP. So I'm looking for a ratio-free non-scene movie tracker(preferably that releases in 720p) . I would've just used the pirate bay tbh but seeing all the RIAA/MPAA danger, I avoid it. Please recommend some good ones with a vast collection, don't care about the levels. Even if it's open signup plz mention them. BTW is rutracker good for non-scene films?
Thanks for reading! :)

shipwreck
06-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Forget non-scene, there's hardly any dedicated movie tracker that is ratio free. Only PTN comes to mind, but I'm not sure how good it still is. There is basically a movie equivalent to BTN lacking in the torrent world these days.

However, there is a lot of (HD) trackers that have the content you're looking for and it's relatively easy to maintain a good ratio, as there is a lot of free / 50% / whatever leech content available (and a lot of leechers to seed to), especially the tracker exclusive non-scene releases. The chinese HD trackers are a good shout.

DeadPoet
06-26-2013, 02:45 PM
RuTracker is great for non-scene content and it is ratio free.

dvdasacd
06-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Forget non-scene, there's hardly any dedicated movie tracker that is ratio free. Only PTN comes to mind, but I'm not sure how good it still is. There is basically a movie equivalent to BTN lacking in the torrent world these days.Ooh, it's time to plug my favourite little awesome tracker I like to use!

It seems it's really taking time for it to get well known. they recently did a 2.0 site update and it's super awesome, like even better than BTN in site design and 'intuitive' sort of UI on the site.

gazelle, ofc....

and I'm talking about PixelHD (http://pixelhd.me). It's ratio-free!!! And what's unique/useful about it: all the encodes (it'll have an 1080p and a 720p for each movie) are 'mHD'/'AFR'-type encodes; they brand theirs 'PxHD' but it's the same basic thing. So same as 'm-720p' or 'm-1080p basically. Really good encodes, so about 1-2.5GB on average for 720p and always 4GB for 1080p.

Their ONLY problem, alas, is content selection :/. It's not so much a place like PTP where you search for what you're after but more a place you browse at and see what takes your fancy. DO try them when you're searching around, just be prepared for some disappointment sometimes :/. But utter joy when you do strike luck...like, they have Fantastic Planet (1973) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070544/), which is like, the bomb :). And lotsa 90's/early 90's movies, all the same...

Anyway to get in, fill out their application: https://pixelhd.me/apply.php?lang= Just tell them and show proof that you want what they offer, and I'm sure you'll be let in! They're not elitist and don't want you to post in the forums two times a day and make enforced torrent comments and seed a gazillion things on the site - they just want users who rly need what they offer (like i often do.) - you have lame bandwidth at your end, no patience to deal with a 5-6GB standard 720p x264 encode (let alone a 1080p one), and don't want no ratio system bs either :).

But please, don't join this site if you intend to seed only for the minimum 72 hours and then delete the torrent. that's not the idea of the site. try to seed for as long as you CAN, always. this site is worth supporting and seeding things long-time there. When you'll it inside you'll see why :).

So YEAH: you COULD call them a 'btn of movies' in terms of site quality and ratioless-ness, but not overall: their problem is breadth of selection :/. They need more encoders (to join the team in what's a very specific encoding method - their team's background (PS3-TEAM) is that of watching movies on the PS3 so they have a hard upper limit of 4GB for any encodes they do - but it's awesome, where else can you get such cool concise 1080p encodes!! and equally so for the 720p size range!) - if they upped their encoding power then they'd really take off.

But for the latest or popular action/drama/comedy/animation/the odd art film (and yeah some OLD classics, it's just not a reliably strong selection), it's a superb place.

absent_today
06-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Yeah the site design is super awesome , they have very good collection of Disney movies its highly recommended especially when you dont have great down or up speed.Another good source is BeyondHD but there encodes are quite huge its the home of Framestor also they have FASM whose quality is almost equal to Pixel HD

IdolEyes787
06-27-2013, 06:20 PM
The PixelHD application basically lost me at "What country are you from".
Why not just ask if I'm Black, racist?

megabyteme
06-27-2013, 06:31 PM

Everyone knows blacks just steal stuff from real stores like WalMart. What planet are you from? :idunno:

IdolEyes787
06-27-2013, 06:36 PM

Everyone knows blacks just steal stuff from real stores like WalMart.

That's a lie made up by the Jews.

pootystomp
06-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Thats no lie, by the way, its African-American.

That just made me curious. What do you call an african-american in canada?

megabyteme
06-27-2013, 09:17 PM
What do you call an african-american in canada?

Foreigner.

IdolEyes787
06-27-2013, 09:27 PM

Chester or at least that's what my neighbour tells me his name is.
Or course he could be lying as he's Black and that's what they do.

Anyway he may be a liar but let me tell you that man sure can dance.:)

Btw my other neighbour is Chinese so I suspect the M.D. thing is just a cover and he's really a ninja.:ninja:

pootystomp
06-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Anyway he may be a liar but let me tell you that man sure can dance.:)

Thats seems to be a blanket redeeming value.

Sure Chris Brown beat the shit out of his girlfriend, but have you seen him dance?

anon
06-28-2013, 01:33 AM

Stop acting white, you. :happy:

shipwreck
06-28-2013, 08:21 AM
Ooh, it's time to plug my favourite little awesome tracker I like to use!

It seems it's really taking time for it to get well known. they recently did a 2.0 site update and it's super awesome, like even better than BTN in site design and 'intuitive' sort of UI on the site.

gazelle, ofc....

and I'm talking about PixelHD (http://pixelhd.me). It's ratio-free!!! And what's unique/useful about it: all the encodes (it'll have an 1080p and a 720p for each movie) are 'mHD'/'AFR'-type encodes; they brand theirs 'PxHD' but it's the same basic thing. So same as 'm-720p' or 'm-1080p basically. Really good encodes, so about 1-2.5GB on average for 720p and always 4GB for 1080p.

I'm sorry but strict size restrictions like that kinda beat the purpose of HD content. 4GB may be plenty for some animation stuff, but not every movie can be compressed so efficiently. Plus, a general size restricition doesn't take into account that certain movies need a higher bitrate to look good, or are simply longer. It's similar to the scene btw. - their rather inflexible size restriction rules are one of the reasons for the comparatively poorer quality of scene rips, the ones the thread starter tries to avoid.

I'm not saying that the niche PixelHD are trying to fill isn't legit, as there are plenty of users with shitty media players like the PS3, not to mention the billions of people with ghetto internet access. But I'm not exactly sure it's what the thread starter is looking for. Thanks for the tip though, even if it's not really relevant for me as size and bandwidth are a non issue.

IdolEyes787
06-28-2013, 11:43 AM

Stop acting white, you. :happy:

Being labelled a Race traitor is totally worth it if it get's me a spot in the Country Club.:)

As for the Pixel.HD application bullshit,seriously stealing stuff off the internet isn't akin to applying for a job at the Pentagon.Not to mention that if tracker protocol holds true to form, the person/people doing the judging are like < 20 and are themselves of dubious morality and extremely limited life experience and really in no position to be passing judgment on anyone.

xJohnxSmithx
06-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Thats no lie, by the way, its African-American.

Whatever his fucking name is

dvdasacd
07-03-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm sorry but strict size restrictions like that kinda beat the purpose of HD content. 4GB may be plenty for some animation stuff, but not every movie can be compressed so efficiently. Plus, a general size restricition doesn't take into account that certain movies need a higher bitrate to look good, or are simply longer. It's similar to the scene btw. - their rather inflexible size restriction rules are one of the reasons for the comparatively poorer quality of scene rips, the ones the thread starter tries to avoid.

I'm not saying that the niche PixelHD are trying to fill isn't legit, as there are plenty of users with shitty media players like the PS3, not to mention the billions of people with ghetto internet access. But I'm not exactly sure it's what the thread starter is looking for. Thanks for the tip though, even if it's not really relevant for me as size and bandwidth are a non issue.

I think that's part of the art of it though. (The particular art, of PxHD :P.) I know though, for longer/more important movies, I'd def try to spend more time preparing a download and preferring to wait. But for most, it should satisfy the brief of what it's intended/good for.

I don't think OP specifically was clear about avoiding scene encode types - we'd need clarification from him :). he may have meant that 'non scene tracker' means it'll have more obscure content that he's after etc. stuff that has stronger presence on p2p places now (with new, p2p-done rips rather than super-obscure scene Xvid DVD-rips now almost long-gone)...

I agree with you, about p2p always, always, being higher quality than scene in terms of content quality (in anything - movies, music, whatever...not sure about ebooks, but probably there as well, if there's ways to improve encode/release quality) - I can only think of software cracks being an exception in terms of quality of releases when you compare the two worlds together :).

shipwreck
07-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Games and application cracks are the only domain left for the 'real' scene, that's true. But to be fair, it's the by far most sophisticated and important part, as crackers 'make' the scene, it's the core essence of it. It takes a lot of skill and brains to crack modern copy protections and some of the best scene crackers have decades of experience in that area, nothing P2P and other forms of piracy can catch up with in foreseeable future.

Still, P2P probably already has the better / faster suppliers, especially as far as movies are concerned, as they continue to outpace the scene on important releases more often than not despite (usually) putting more effort in their encodes. Back in the day™, it was the scene that had everything and the rest was left with whatever trickled down in their direction (or was not seen important enough to get the scene's attention). But times have changed.

stan
07-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Still, P2P probably already has the better / faster suppliers, especially as far as movies are concerned, as they continue to outpace the scene on important releases ).

I would disagree there. Sparks has been kicking everyone's ass for being first to release for 6 months or more. HDC / HDW has suffered more than most now Sparky has lost his P2P head and stopped releasing as both Scene and P2P.

shipwreck
07-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Sparks have been getting faster in recent times (after getting their arse kicked left and right for months prior to that btw., the 'golden age' of Chinese HD trackers...), but I really wouldn't say that they are always faster these days. Recent example: Evil Dead 2013 - HDWing released it sooner than Sparks, not to mention that they had the full Bluray released a day earlier (compared to SceneHD release times - 5 min after scene pre). PublicHD have been consistenly fast with their releases, too.

If anything, the scene has improved after lagging behind for quite a while, so things have gone 'back to normal' a bit. But generally spoken, movies is an area where P2P can more than just compete with the traditional scene, both quality and release time wise.

Quarterquack
07-04-2013, 01:55 PM

How fucking dare you deny an African-American their identity the minute they leaves their homeland.

IdolEyes787
07-04-2013, 03:22 PM

How fucking dare you deny an African-American their identity the minute they leaves their homeland.

Last time I checked, Canada was still in the Americas.

Quarterquack
07-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Last time I checked, Canada was still in the Americas.

Last time I checked, continental nomenclature isn't how people identify themselves.

That's unless you're American, uneducated and believe Europe is a country.

Caribbean-Canadian is a thing, Idle.

IdolEyes787
07-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Personally I identify myself by the faint scar just above my left eye and my uncommonly well formed buttocks.

soulreaper
07-05-2013, 04:50 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions,guys, but I think I found the solution to my problem. YIFY's rips on TPB and I must say,they're worth it. You get 720p quality for <1GB filesize,sometimes even 750 mb! Unreal! Give this site a go : http://yify-torrents.com/

The fun part is you can easily archive the classic films without using up too much hdd space.

shipwreck
07-05-2013, 07:50 AM
"Quality" seems to be a very subjective term.

soulreaper
07-05-2013, 08:29 AM
"Quality" seems to be a very subjective term.

Yea but his 720p rips are of 720p quality with about 750 mb file size, what else can you ask for?

shipwreck
07-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Again, "quality" is subjective / relative. Besides, resolution isn't necessarily an indication of quality. Often, it's beneficial to lower the resolution if bitrate constraints are tight.

YIFY, similar to PixelHD, fill a niche with their extremely high compressed 'HD' releases, sure, but they use filters (see this article (http://ericolon.wordpress.com/2013/01/06/the-secrets-of-yify-and-high-quality-and-small-file-sizes-are-not-so-secret-after-all-encoding-high-quality-low-bitrate-videos-in-handbrake-for-any-device/)) to achieve a level of percepted quality, hence alter the original content by doing so, e.g. denoise / cartoon filters to reduce the complexity.

That may be fine for many users, but many others prefer the encode to be as close to the original as possible, ideally reach (percepted) transparency at a lower bitrate.

P.S.: Even on modern TV sets with good scalers, the limits of those highly compressed 'HD' releases are quickly shown up once you go beyond 50" screen size, especially when compared to the original BluRay. Again, quality is relative.

absent_today
07-05-2013, 02:09 PM
If you play pixelhd and FASM releases they still look good on 40 inches, especially FASM

megabyteme
07-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Personally I identify myself by the faint scar just above my left eye and my uncommonly well formed buttocks.

Most would not consider a vestigial tail to be "well-formed". :no:

anon
07-06-2013, 05:42 PM

What has been seen... :blink:

Blast
07-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Ptn . :p