PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Nzbsrus Has Bit The Dust

drnick2
06-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Going to their website you get a iphone site, too bad all these type sites are going by the wayside.:dabs:

piercerseth
06-26-2013, 10:45 PM
https://pay.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/1h49o0/nzbsruscom_closing/

Shaping up to be a great week for closings. With time to spare.

drnick2
06-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Thanks, nice article.

justlooking
06-27-2013, 12:07 AM
If they were charging $27 a year, they might not get much sympathy.

sarsipius
06-27-2013, 05:56 AM
Yeah it was an expensive site but was my backup for years when NZBMatrix was alive. Became my go-to site recently and to be fair probably one of the better NZB sites out there. Not a lot of love out there for them though with some of the site changes towards the end.

thesimpsonsuk
06-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Demoting VIPS and making them pay again? Closing the site and not allowing regular users to even see available content? Constant promotion of VIP in your face?

If you fell for this scam then its clearly evident that you may actually deserve being screwed.

user3240
06-27-2013, 11:36 AM
If you fell for this scam then its clearly evident that you may actually deserve being screwed.

Post of the month!!!

Blastspawn
06-28-2013, 08:09 AM
What!! Just saw this.. One of my main sources of NZBs. Sucks!

phaedra
06-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Fought for over a month to get my "lifetime" VIP status re-activated, needn't have bothered!.

piercerseth
06-28-2013, 08:59 AM
No animosity, I was member :) Welcome to the refugees (read: cool kids).

Mpeace
07-04-2013, 06:47 AM
I have been involved with groups since 1992..Starting on the Amiga's with THG, The Humble Guys, to Razor1911 the old group, and I cannot blame the owners of nzbsrus for closing down pending the threats made against them by Riaa etc. The Riaa and FACT are just bullies, corporations who think they are losing all the monies etc. It happened to napster, and they do it continually to sites. We need judges that can't be bought and people with a lot of money to fight FACT and Riaa and the MPAA..They have all the money and power. Its just sad to me. As for being charged, it happens etc. Running the sites can be expensive. Back in the day you didn't get on an ftp or bbs without paying a monthly fee.

user3240
07-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Based on sources I believe to be reliable, they were not threatened by anybody. They came up with that excuse because they were not making money anymore. BTW...Staff members did not even know about it until _after_they shut down.

"Back in the Day," sites were not run to line their owner's prockets with gold.

Mpeace
07-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Thats true..I ran the Realm of Darkness in Ohio, and the phone bills alone killed me, calling germany to get Fairlight things right away..Thank goodness for blue boxes. I think I had membership levels though, of like 5, or 10.00 to help defray the phone costs. we were happy if it only took a day for all the downloads..I didn't know they closed on excuses, thats not right

hasso
07-10-2013, 12:56 AM
I was a member, by far my fave nzb site.

Skiz
07-16-2013, 05:39 PM
That sucks. I've never felt "screwed" by them as some other say they feel. I paid the $10 lifetime fee a couple years ago. Sucks to see it gone. :/

k2bug
07-19-2013, 09:58 AM
"Back in the Day," sites were not run to line their owner's prockets with gold.

There still is one or two about that do it for the pleasure. Just got to be careful also as one or three are wolves in sheep's clothing but Usenet users with a mind bigger than pre school will spot them. The ones with no mentally ability to think for themselves and take what certain sites say as gospel unfortunately will get screwed over.

Can't say i was ever a fan of nzbrus but my sources also have said there was no threats.

user_
07-19-2013, 04:13 PM
That sucks. I've never felt "screwed" by them as some other say they feel. I paid the $10 lifetime fee a couple years ago. Sucks to see it gone. :/

I agree, I've got my moneys worth since 2008-2009 or so. Shame to see some of the best sites go down lately. Though I've switched back to torrents mostly and nzbs.org for my usenet needs.

sarsipius
07-20-2013, 02:22 AM
FST is quickly becoming my go to site for all my Usenets requirements, can't believe I never found it earlier. I guess you only move on when your forced to if your comfortable where you are.

hogfish
07-20-2013, 07:34 PM
FST is quickly becoming my go to site for all my Usenets requirements, can't believe I never found it earlier. I guess you only move on when your forced to if your comfortable where you are.

Same. This place is great :yup:. I just supplement with torrents +VPN when I have to.

NLseeder23
07-22-2013, 12:12 PM
I don't mind. They just seemed shady for the most part. I'm glad I never paid for ViP. .su, nzbs.org and dog are good enough for me.

cpl
07-26-2013, 01:34 PM
i paid my fee a year back. while the site was quite nice, it was no nzbmatrix. and there were constant downtimes before the site went down for good. it sometimes felt as if it was one day down for every day it was up.