PDA

View Full Version : Windows Graphic driver not supported

dion09529
07-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Hi guys!
I know Idol and his gang will cheer up when they read this, but I really messed up the computer.
Due to pc's network interface controller's crash, I had to reinstall the operating system at the ISP operators's suggestion. So, I reinstalled not once but twice, cuz the graphic driver is not supported.
The other problem is when I reinstalled the OS, I did it without erasing the old OS, so now I have 3 OS installed.
First OS has the graphic driver installed; that means I can watch movies, play games, but no internet. :(((
The second and the third OS hasn't the graphic driver installed; that means no movies, no games, browsing the internet.
Now, if I delete 2 OS from the Local disk it won't show up when the pc will start?
And second, if I delete the OS which has the graphic driver installed, will I be able to install it on the
functional OS?

anon
07-07-2013, 09:29 PM
It looks like you have a mish-mash of stuff in your hard drive. I'd just extract the working drivers from each Windows, format and reinstall.

teflon05
07-07-2013, 10:36 PM
What do you mean by no internet on the 1st OS install? Do you need LAN and wireless drivers? If that's the only problem with that first OS install, you could just delete the other two and find/install the drivers. Otherwise, I'd do as anon said & reformat the whole partition & reinstall the OS. If you can't find the drivers, you can usually go on line and find them as long as you know the make and model of your machine. (Do this before you do anything else, of course)

megabyteme
07-08-2013, 12:15 AM
The other problem is when I reinstalled the OS, I did it without erasing the old OS, so now I have 3 OS installed.

:lol::lol::lol:

Try Driver Genius (http://www.driver-soft.com/) (latest version is 12, and readily available on IPT) to back up the working drivers you have, and will help locate the latest updates for what you need.

Then, start fresh. BTW, remember to save your drivers on something that will not be formatted during the reinstall (like a thumb drive, or disc).

Did I mention :lol::lol::glag: ?

Quarterquack
07-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Due to pc's network interface controller's crush

I fell for a router once. Boy, did he not return my love.

:drummer:

IdolEyes787
07-08-2013, 01:04 AM
Hi guys!
I know Idol and his gang will cheer up when they read this, but I really messed up the computer.

Obviously you don't know me nearly as well if you think you do if you think I actually take joy in other's misfortune.

OK maybe mjmacky's.

whatcdfan
07-08-2013, 01:38 PM
I fell for a router once. Boy, did he not return my love.

It has both, an antenna and a tiny little hole. Which one were you aiming at?:naughty:

You don't need a pre-installed OS to re-format your machine.

Rest what everyone else said.

dion09529
07-08-2013, 07:00 PM
What do you mean by no internet on the 1st OS install? Do you need LAN and wireless drivers? If that's the only problem with that first OS install, you could just delete the other two and find/install the drivers. Otherwise, I'd do as anon said & reformat the whole partition & reinstall the OS. If you can't find the drivers, you can usually go on line and find them as long as you know the make and model of your machine. (Do this before you do anything else, of course)

1) I can't connect to the internet due to network interface controller's crash.
2) Both original AMD graphics drivers and latest drivers version don't work, which makes me think it won't work until I won't install the graphics drivers on the first OS (I tried to uninstall the graphics drivers and than to delete the other two OS, but it gets me an error).

teflon05
07-08-2013, 09:40 PM
First off, what kind of computer are we talking about here, & how old is it? What's the make & model? Desktop or laptop? And what type of network controller does it have? Do you mean Ethernet or a wireless adapter? I don't understand why you would reinstall the OS for a network adapter/driver problem. It almost sounds like it could be a hardware problem, but I'm probably missing something. More information is needed.

megabyteme
07-09-2013, 01:15 AM
You make a good point to look into, tef. If he has not been able to get those devices (assumably on his motherboard) to work in ANY of his (multiple :lol: ) Windows installs, there may be onboard failures going on.

I do think he has said he's got various "success" with each of these components on the different installs, though.

@dion: Tell us which hardware items are failing on ALL installs.

dion09529
07-09-2013, 06:53 PM
First off, what kind of computer are we talking about here, & how old is it? What's the make & model? Desktop or laptop? And what type of network controller does it have? Do you mean Ethernet or a wireless adapter? I don't understand why you would reinstall the OS for a network adapter/driver problem. It almost sounds like it could be a hardware problem, but I'm probably missing something. More information is needed.

My computer is 6 years old. It's a no name computer, the network controller is integrated into the motherboard chipset and I don't use a wireless adapter

Oh, forgot to tell ya!
It has to do with the fact that this failure coincided with the uninstall of the Avast antivirus?

anon
07-09-2013, 09:02 PM
My computer is 6 years old. It's a no name computer, the network controller is integrated into the motherboard chipset and I don't use a wireless adapter

Once again, just boot to the Windows install where networking actually works, use this (http://www.grandutils.com/DriverExtractor/) to extract the corresponding driver (both for the sake of using the one known to work and in case it's some obscure chipset), then do the same with the install where graphics work, copy both somewhere safe, wipe and reinstall. That should fix everything.

teflon05
07-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Yep, what anon said. And this time, I suggest you completely reformat the partition you install to & get rid of all the crap on it before you reinstall the OS to it.

Oh, & come to think of it, I had some network trouble related to an earlier version of Avast Internet security, around 6 months ago. I don't remember how or what I did to fix it though...I think an update took care of it.

dion09529
07-14-2013, 11:41 AM
It can't be reformated

teflon05
07-14-2013, 12:08 PM
You can't format the partition you're booting from. You would have to use a 3rd party program like Paragon or similar. If you are re-installing Windows, during install it should ask you if you want to format the partition you are installing to.

Also, you're partitions are almost full....Looks like you need to get rid of some things. I would think your machine would be slow as a snail with the disks being that full.

anon
07-14-2013, 04:00 PM
If you are re-installing Windows, during install it should ask you if you want to format the partition you are installing to.

This. Just boot off the disc, format the first partition when you reach that step, and install there.

I remember the Windows 9x days when you needed to run fdisk and partition the drive without a fancy interface before setup would even run! People today have it easy. :P

megabyteme
07-14-2013, 11:20 PM
It can't be reformated

Hit your screen with a hammer until it becomes more agreeable.

dion09529
07-22-2013, 09:54 PM
If you are re-installing Windows, during install it should ask you if you want to format the partition you are installing to.

This. Just boot off the disc, format the first partition when you reach that step, and install there.

I remember the Windows 9x days when you needed to run fdisk and partition the drive without a fancy interface before setup would even run! People today have it easy. :P

I tried again, but every time a new OS is installed in Local Disk (C: ). Now I have 5 OS installed. I'm thinking to buy a new computer.

anon
07-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Yeah, that's because you didn't format the partition before installing.

I'm beginning to think this is a troll thread. :eyebrows:

dion09529
07-23-2013, 07:34 PM
i don't know how to format the partition. i need steps for that.

teflon05
07-23-2013, 08:34 PM
1. Insert OS install disk

2. Restart/boot to install disk

3. During install, there should be an option to reformat the partition you are installing to. Where this option appears depends on which version of Windows you are installing. As I recall, you are installing XP. It's been along time since I installed XP, but Here's (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313348) a guide that looks pretty good to me, & explains it better than I can.

dion09529
07-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Finally, I managed to properly install the OS.
Now, I installed the graphics driver and i receive the following errors:

dion09529
07-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Forgot to mention; updating the graphics driver is useless, cuz i'm receiving the same errors.

any suggestions as to how to fix this? and what caused it to stop working?

dion09529
08-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Come on, guys! Help me out! How can I fix this?

zenda
08-17-2013, 06:59 PM
You might consider downloading Hirens Boot CD and testing the hardware *Graphics Card*. Hirens is a boot CD
Once you've ensured the GPU isn't defective I'd recommend trying a different build of the ATI catalyst.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Make sure you correctly download & install 32bit/64bit as well. Click Start (Lower left on desktop) and right click on 'My Computer' and select properties if you are unsure
If you are still unsure which driver to download, try 3rd party software to find the driver you need.
As someone else recommended, DriverGenius should work well. Also, Driver Magician
Those software packages will help you download relevant drivers

Good luck

tesco
08-25-2013, 01:04 PM
What's the make/model of your computer?
More specifically, what graphics card do you have, if you know that? Are you sure it's an AMD card?

dion09529
08-25-2013, 06:11 PM
I fixed it last week. :)
I had to update motherboard's drivers. The original drivers seems to be history. And yes, it's an AMD card which is working perfectly.
Case closed.