View Full Version : Steam Summer Sale 2013

1000possibleclaws
07-12-2013, 08:10 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/

Some notable deals so far:

66% off Borderlands 2 (~$10)
66% off CSGO (~$5)
75% off Chivalry (~6.25)

Even for PC game pirates, there are a ton of worthwhile online games for pretty cheap such as the ones listed above. Post your hauls, or discussion in general.

Rart
07-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Steam has pretty much killed game piracy for me. Constant sales, ease of access, ability to talk to friends while in any game, and yes, even the community features (its really cool to be able to go on a friends profile and see what games they've been playing, and how much they've been playing them for) have made it so that it essentially isn't worth the hassle for me to pirate games. So far I've gotten Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3, CS Complete Collection, and Dark Souls PTD Edition at amazing prices. Still waiting for a better sale on Fallout 3 and the Titan Quest expansion.

Now if only Netflix would get a better catalog of TV shows and there was an easier way to view recently aired episodes (yes, that includes HBO and Showtime, Im not paying 50$ a month to watch 2-3 shows) I really wouldn't pirate at all anymore. The lack of accessibility in TV is the only thing that still has me going back to torrent sites.

mr. nails
07-14-2013, 05:09 AM
Now if only Netflix would get a better catalog of TV shows and there was an easier way to view recently aired episodes (yes, that includes HBO and Showtime, Im not paying 50$ a month to watch 2-3 shows) I really wouldn't pirate at all anymore. The lack of accessibility in TV is the only thing that still has me going back to torrent sites.

In order for Netflix and/or whomever else to work for me it would have to be no more than $2 a movie to own it (not rent).

If I can purchase a game on Steam for $5 and get anywhere from 10 to 300 hours of game play I truly can not see myself paying more than stated above for a movie.

And yes, Steam has killed piracy with games for me as well. This summer sale I've gotten 20 games for $45.

God Mode is what I'm playing now. Like Killing Floor or Left 4 Dead type games? That's what it's like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UHDbWeLJ6w