PDA

View Full Version : JRiver media center on computer and lg tv multiple monitors display

mike160
07-14-2013, 07:40 PM
hi I am using JRiver media center on my computer and I have hdmi cable hookup from my computer to my lg tv and have my computer display on 1/2 multiple monitors so I can display JRiver media center on my tv this was the easy way I found to be able to watch my media from JRiver media center on the big screen in theater mode the bad thing is everthing I play sounds are comeing from my computer not the tv when playing my media so I wanted to see if anyone can help me out is there anyway of getting the sounds on my tv and not from the computer is there a better way but easy of doing this beside this way I read somewere on the internet building a htpc would be better for this but it's not easy for me found it hard to do also don't have the funds right now

teflon05
07-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Under your sound settings, you need to change it to Digital Output device. http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3416/~/configuring-a-pc-to-send-audio-via-hdmi-in-windows-vista-and-windows-7

mike160
07-14-2013, 08:47 PM
thanks teflon05 works perfect now am getting sounds from the tv but not the computer but that's ok I guess I would have to manually change from computer to tv

Edit : do you know if this setup can cause any kind of damage to the tv or the computer having the computer and tv on display 1/2 multiple monitors

teflon05
07-14-2013, 09:03 PM
I don't think it's possible to get sound from the PC & TV both, when using digital pass-thru. If it is, I don't know how to do it, although someone else here might. And no, that set up should not cause any damage.

mike160
07-16-2013, 02:22 AM
ok thanks for the help on getting the sounds to my tv teflon05 :)

teflon05 do you know how I can fix the pc display for the tv cause pc screen does not fit right on the big screen stuff are cut off to the side the only way I can fix this is setting the tv to just scan but I would like to be able to keep the tv at 16:9 I have the pc set to display 1/2 multiple monitors