PDA

View Full Version : TorrentBytes users new home TsH - (TorrentShack) !

robogo25
07-21-2013, 02:26 PM
TorrentBytes: http://www.torrentbytes.net/

2013-07-21 04:43:00
Hello everyone.

At the moment it seems like the site will cease to exist sometime in early August due to no practical way of funding this fun. The past 7 months the site has been kept up by a few very generous people combined with some good old-fashioned stubbornes. The site is unlikely to come back as is.

Bubue.

TSH - TorrentShack: http://www.torrentshack.net/

Open Sign Ups (Limited) - 59 mins ago
Today is a sad day with the announcement of the closure of TorrentBytes.

As some of you will know that is where I started out in Private Trackers. First as an Uploader and then progressing through the staff ranks before finally deciding to start my own site with a few close friends who followed my ideals and goals.

In a bid to try and keep the community as close together as possible we have decided to re-open sign ups here at TorrentShack to provide members of TorrentBytes a new place to call home.

Open sign ups shall be for a limited time only and will likely last a few weeks at most.

For those new members that do join, we welcome you with open arms and hope that we can provide you with an adequate place for you to call home

Discuss it here

pigstramus
07-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I joined up today. Pretty fast application approval.

Real shame about TBy, been a member since TBits. PayPal - World Police.

robogo25
07-27-2013, 07:25 PM
TorrentShack: Torrent Shack (http://www.torrentshack.net/)

Hardware Upgrades And Site News. - 34 mins ago

The last week has been kind of hectic around here. Two sites ( TorrentBytes and Torrent-Damage) are on the verge of collapse and a fair few seem to be seeking refuge here at TorrentShack. Sadly this means that our beloved Gazelle is starting to struggle on our current hardware. It's done us proud since we opened the doors but it's now beginning to feel the strain.

We have been keeping a close eye on things over the last few days and the load is steadily increasing to the point where we feel the user experience will start to deteriorate to levels that we find unnacceptable.
The good news is that since donations have been simply overwhelming, we have significant funds available to put back into the site !

To keep things running smoothly we have opted for some far superior hardware to our current set up. It's a set up that we hope will see the site go from strength to strength and be able to cope with our ever expanding userbase. We hope to be able to make the swap to the new hardware with as little downtime as possible, but should we be unavailable at some point in the coming weeks, you will know why.

We also decided that we should upgrade the main race box for the site and as such we are currently waiting the arrival of our new 10Gbit server which should see a significant improvement to our already respectable Pre times and will likely be most noticeable on larger releases. It should see us win a few more races which is always welcome.

Just a couple of more things I would like to mention before I wrap this up.

With the new arrivals there has been an ever expanding list of things that people would like added to the site, or altered in some way. Well, we have a problem with that ! It's simply a lack of coders to carry out the tasks you are asking. So..... If anybody has any coding skills and would like to show off their talents and help move this site ever closer to perfection :whistle: then feel free to let us know. We could use your help !

On a slightly different topic, We were never meant to be an open sign up site and the longer we stay open, the longer I dislike it. With that in mind we will close open sign ups here at TorrentShack ( Register :: Torrent Shack (http://www.torrentshack.net/register.php?lang=) )on the 4th August 2013 so please try and get everyone here that wants to be here If you have communitites you want to try and keep together, now is the time to get them in. When the doors close, invites will be available, but not in huge quantities.

On behalf of all the staff here I just want to thank you all for your support of this site, especially over the last week which has enabled us to take a few more steps in the right direction.

Post turned out slightly longer than I imagined ! Sorry :P

//Staff

Discuss it here

absent_today
07-28-2013, 04:53 AM
And TSH is flooded with donations :lol: I'm not sure why GFT is not opening doors

robogo25
07-28-2013, 09:03 AM
GFT's in the past, TsH is the future :) TsH :wub:

shipwreck
07-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Do you have stock in TSH or why this aggressive promotion all over the place? Particularly annoying with the constant belittling of other trackers that comes with it.

If anything, it's off-putting.

IdolEyes787
07-28-2013, 12:43 PM
GFT's in the past, TsH is the future :) TsH :wub:

I for one appreciate how you can say without a hint of shame something that is the bt equivalent of a tween girl screaming outside of Justin Bieber's hotel room.

Good job Britney.

robogo25
07-28-2013, 01:08 PM
:blushing: :sad1: