PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Files

kangel9902
11-21-2003, 04:55 AM
Hey, new here, I'm actually really glad to see that there is a place to ask these questions, lol don't knwo why it took me so long to come here . Ah well. :D
Anyway here is my problem. I first noticed this when i would make a playlist and then after a little while it would say something like (13/15) and files that i have not deleated are missing from the playlist and kazaa says that they are remote files. Then I realized that these files were missing altogether from kazaa lite but when i go through windows explorer the song is still in the My Shared Folder. How does this happen and how can I get kazaa to re-recognise the files?

Broken
11-21-2003, 05:07 AM
I'm not sure what it is that you are asking.
If the files are newly downloaded sometimes it takes the program (k-lite) a second to find them. If that is too long for you go to Options>advanced Options>and lower the number of seconds that kazaa looks for new files.

kangel9902
11-21-2003, 05:53 AM
Actually the files that disappear I have had for awhile. And I can originally access them through kazaa but for no reason some just disappear but are still on my computer. (I have sometimes redownloaded the file and then when I go through windows explorer I see that i now have 2 of the same files) and kazza recognises the new one but still not the one that I already had. Does that make sense?

kangel9902
11-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Anyone? PLease? My files dissappear after i have had them for awhile but they are still on my computer and work fine but I can't play them or find them in Kazaa (they are in my shared folder when i go through windows explorer)

MUSLEMAN
11-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by kangel9902@28 November 2003 - 05:23
Anyone? PLease? My files dissappear after i have had them for awhile but they are still on my computer and work fine but I can't play them or find them in Kazaa (they are in my shared folder when i go through windows explorer)
are your files present in my media under "all" and its subfolders???

GordonShumway
11-29-2003, 06:22 AM
Hello, i'm dutch so excuse me for my bad english. I have a similar problem except one thing. I've downloaded a file, Kazaa says it;s finished, so i watch in my shared folder. THER"S NOTHING!!!! :( The next action is to search my computer, and guess what. Windows can't find it on my computer.
Does anyone know how this can happen, and knowing where that file is?

Greetz GordonShumway

MUSLEMAN
11-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by GordonShumway@29 November 2003 - 02:22
Hello, i'm dutch so excuse me for my bad english. I have a similar problem except one thing. I've downloaded a file, Kazaa says it;s finished, so i watch in my shared folder. THER"S NOTHING!!!! :( The next action is to search my computer, and guess what. Windows can't find it on my computer.
Does anyone know how this can happen, and knowing where that file is?

Greetz GordonShumway
is there a dat file that size in your shared folder???

kata
11-30-2003, 03:01 AM
my files dissapeared too. they were not finished files- they were still downloading... i have a ffeling that somebody distroys them via kaza connection. that just happened tonight with solaris movie... :angry:

MUSLEMAN
11-30-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by kata@29 November 2003 - 23:01
my files dissapeared too. they were not finished files- they were still downloading... i have a ffeling that somebody distroys them via kaza connection. that just happened tonight with solaris movie... :angry:
first of all please start your own thread, your problem is different

kata
12-01-2003, 12:09 AM
ok, will start new thread...

kangel9902
12-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@28 November 2003 - 10:03
:unsure: Hey, sorry it took me so long to get back here, but no I can't find them in Kazaa at all. For example it being the holiday season and all I have Silver Bells downloaded (which I have played in Kazaa many times before and has only recently disappeared). I can play it if I go to windows explorer and click on it there (it IS there) but when I go in Kazaa, there are no Silver Bells to be found, anywhere (Even the All under the Media folder). Does anyone else have this problem? Any advise or help would be soo great. :D

MUSLEMAN
12-03-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by kangel9902+3 December 2003 - 04:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kangel9902 @ 3 December 2003 - 04:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@28 November 2003 - 10:03
:unsure: Hey, sorry it took me so long to get back here, but no I can&#39;t find them in Kazaa at all. For example it being the holiday season and all I have Silver Bells downloaded (which I have played in Kazaa many times before and has only recently disappeared). I can play it if I go to windows explorer and click on it there (it IS there) but when I go in Kazaa, there are no Silver Bells to be found, anywhere (Even the All under the Media folder). Does anyone else have this problem? Any advise or help would be soo great. :D [/b][/quote]
if you move the files from "my media" under "all" and its subfolders you have deleted the song off klite, if you make a playlist or do anything, you need to always keep a copy under those files

kangel9902
12-05-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@3 December 2003 - 09:00
if you move the files from "my media" under "all" and its subfolders you have deleted the song off klite, if you make a playlist or do anything, you need to always keep a copy under those files
Ok, I think I know what you mean. But this is true even if it is still in my shared folder in windows explorer? And if this is true how do I get Kazaa to re-recognise it? It&#39;s still there and I can still burn it to a cd but yeah kazaa just doesn&#39;t see it. So what can I do? ( what do you mean by keeping a copy under those files? and how did I move the files? )

MUSLEMAN
12-05-2003, 09:52 AM
well make sure they are in mp3 format, and put them back in klite and restart klite

i have no idea how you moved them

by keeping a copy i mean never delete or move the file from those folders

in its in windows explorer then put back in my shared folder