PDA

View Full Version : The Old Days

brotherdoobie
02-11-2003, 05:23 AM
I was wondering if anyone ever misses the that rush of the first time.
When you dialed up you connection and downloaded Napster.

It almost felt like you were doing something dirty(a good kinda dirty!)
Like you were about to break the rules,but at the same time your wondering "Why the f**K are there these rules.
It's music that were sharing,trading and listening to.......Thats all man.

I remember the first song I ever downloaded.......Wave of Mutilation by the Pixies. I downloaded it on a 233MHz Pentium II connected to the internet on a 56k modem dial up connection,with a faulty6.4GB HD and Windows 95 all bugged out and freezing up from Error codes from a bad install...............Yet it was instant Nirvana......Heaven...or What ever you want to call it.

I love music and that is what P2P has always meant to me....music!
yes....the movies,and softwares great but Its rock and roll that keeps me young and laughin.

I think we take things for granted sometimes.
Yes the leechers,fake files,slow connection speeds and other such
irritations piss me off to...............but sometimes you just got to roll with the punches and let it roll baby roll lke Jim Morrison said.

I hear the lame ass macho boast of some saying how there gonna get there files and take what they want and as much of it as they want,and anybody who dont share will get cut the fuck off........Hey its not about that shit brother...........theres plenty for all......know what I mean?

Share....Share.......Share.......and share some more.......Share with leechers,lamers,complainers newbies,old-timers,Jewbies(like me,half Serbian Jew.)blamers,BoardGods,Moderaters and other masturbaters.
Just share........YOU DONT OWN IT EITHER,THATS THE WHOLE POINT!!!
so don't cut someone off Just Share it brother.

I now am sitting at my ABS Athlon XP 2000(over clocked to 2GHz)with a cable modem connection at around 3000kbps with a 60 GB HD and Windows XP listening to the Pixies Wave of Mutilation and it sounds no better now than it did then ............How freaking beautiful is that ?

Peace brotherdoobie. ;)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-11-2003, 05:31 AM
:D Good post brother,I still get that rush when I download new music.But my consciousness is getting a hold of me lately.Do I really need these 1500+ albums I have downloaded,do I really need anymore,am I hurting the artist,am I hurting the economy by what I do?I don't know...will never be a part of the RIAA but do think we need to find a way to work something out.I miss the days of when I was younger and going to the record store waiting to open that new album and the smell from it.Maybe I just need another beer. :blink:

brotherdoobie
02-11-2003, 05:38 AM
I think about these things to Funky.........But times are changing and they have to figure out away to get the music to us cheaper or we will have to take it like we are now.

The bottom is there still making a killing.............When the Eagels can charge 75 dollars for the worse seats in the house on there comeback tour..........I say fuck them........were just trading!

Hey while your at it drink another beer for me(and I will smoke another for you ;) ............LOL)

Peace brotherdoobie

brotherdoobie
02-11-2003, 05:51 AM
Hey Funky .......Yes I missed those days to!
I use to love to go to the record store and sift thru the tapes and LP's
they all use to have that smell you mentioned to,it was like a combination of cheap sex, spilt booze,stale cigarettes,and insense!
There was always some cool music in the background,sexy skater skanks,alternative babes and slikky meatal ho's waiting to bum a smoke.........Hell yeah!............Those were the days!!!

I also miss the Album art work!..............Beautiful!!!
You had trippy covers like Led Zepplin with the gold naked children crawling up stone stairs,to cool scary ones like Eddie on the Maiden covers and I remember the Cheech and Chong one my uncle had when I was a kid that the inner sleeve was a giant sized rolling paper......LOL

Peace brotherdoobie

imported_computerfreak76
02-11-2003, 06:07 AM
hmmm the good ol days of spending $15 for a cd.
i haven't purchased a cd since '99. i found napster about a month after it came out and ive never bought a cd since!

brotherdoobie
02-11-2003, 06:16 AM
I dont miss the prices(I still buy sometimes)and I have been downloading since napster came out also.

The atmosphere is what I miss.

Peace brotherdoobie

harrydresden
09-15-2011, 02:10 PM
bump! :D

Soulseek ftw :)

harrydresden
09-15-2011, 02:11 PM
/me goes looking for more old threads to bump :O