PDA

View Full Version : IRC download

ftv
08-20-2013, 10:35 AM
i've found many xdcc list site when searching for some rlzs...

just like dbk.easyscripts.it and many many more site based on italian irc networks....

and this dbk.easyscripts.it index scene rlzs fast...but i cant find which irc networks the channel DBK belongs to...:(

anyone can help? :naughty:

DngrMs
08-22-2013, 06:42 PM
irc.chlame.net

ftv
08-23-2013, 12:33 AM
irc.chlame.net

thnx for help,but i still cannt find DBK channel :(

DngrMs
08-23-2013, 03:31 PM
It's there... the only advice I can provide is to follow the channel instructions.

ftv
08-24-2013, 01:00 AM
It's there... the only advice I can provide is to follow the channel instructions.

:cry: it might be a secret chan..cannt find any instructions shown on the networks...well...thnx for help...im noob to irc..just interest in this new method for me...

bbhaag
08-25-2013, 03:44 AM
There are no good IRC chans left. It's an old and out dated method. Might I suggest bittorent. It has everything you are looking for.

DngrMs
08-26-2013, 01:37 PM
There are no good IRC chans left.

:ermm:

renhoek93
09-22-2013, 07:30 AM
Has anybody in here Download from the TMD Moviez IRC Chat?.

MR1
09-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Anyone tried IrcDDL?

radicalnotion
11-06-2013, 11:06 PM
There are no good IRC chans left. It's an old and out dated method. Might I suggest bittorent. It has everything you are looking for.

There's a limited number. Obviously not like it used to be in the old days. However the community is still very much alive! not as much choice as torrents or nzb's but I still use IRC for certain goodies. It all depends what your looking for.

XsnookumsX
12-14-2013, 05:26 PM
There are no good IRC chans left. It's an old and out dated method. .

tut tut tut,
shakes her head at such a statement.
irc very very much alive and kicking.
and far safer than bit torrent and most of the other p2p out there.

99% of everything i find is either on usenet newsgroups and irc, more so irc now that usenet getting crippled by dmca notices

2 great xdcc search engines are:
www.xdccfinder.com
www.xdcc.me

and this one is good if you just want to browse whats on the bots in a channel.
http://searchxdcc.net/network.php

i use a legit mirc paid and the freeware xdccklipper
served me well irc has for over 15 years now.

have a nice day :)

davib
01-20-2014, 03:53 AM
I thought IRC was dead

XsnookumsX
01-21-2014, 03:51 PM
I thought IRC was dead

hi davib,

irc was never really a p2p system, it was a scene based system, EFNET was and technically still is the place where all the rips start, then they get sent out to usenet, bittorrent, emule, dc++ etc etc.

the alt.binaries.teevee on efnet is protected by a channel key to stop unwanted visitors passing through.

there are a lot of other servers though that host all the latest shows and movies.

irc.SceneP2P.net
#The.Lounge for searching for files on the bots
#THE.SOURCE is the channel to be in for when downloading

For those of you who are newish to irc, here is a little guide.
http://pastebin.com/ubGNYUn9

there are lots of other servers and channels that are just as good, but since i was just on that server thought i'd share it.

one last tip, if your on a server and the channel your looking for isn't showing up, just type: /join #channel name
noticed someone a while ago mentioned DMZ, so would be /join #DMZ

does take a bit of learning, but once you do, irc is an amazing system to use.

plus with irc it just you and the bot, your not in a ip pool sharing your comp with 1000's of other users like bittorrent does.

:)