PDA

View Full Version : How to burn ps3 games and play them?

ZeroTolerance
09-02-2013, 03:38 PM
i should know this but ive been gone from the computer world for awhile lol but how do u burn ps3 games and make them playable on your ps3?

qzack
09-05-2013, 03:43 PM
I have tried to follow this topic for awhile and the answer I was told is "You Don't".

I have a bluray burner and would like to do this as well but from what I understand in reading topics on this is getting the PS3 drive to read the discs properly. It doesn't just work. Another rumor I read about was the possibility of the PS3 getting a firmware flash, just as the 360 did so it could read backup media for games and they could be played off disc. This never did happen and at one time I heard that C4eva was going to oversea the development of the firmware.

DeanK, the guy who develops Mulitman for the PS3 came out with an addon to his program that allows you to play games off backup media called discBOOT.
There are two pieces to making this work. Here are the steps:

The usage is simple and you're provided with instructions once the program completes its job:

Code:
1) Drag & Drop to discBOOT.exe the "PS3_GAME" folder of the game you want to play
2) The tool will create a folder with 3 files:
- PKG for 3.41
- PKG for 3.55
- TXT with instructions
3) Burn the game to a disc (PS3_GAME folder and PS3_DISC.SFB file from a backup created with multiMAN or another manager)
4) Insert the burned disc into your PS3 tray
5) Install the PKG file for your firmware on your PS3
6) Launch the game from the newly appeared icon

That's it.
IMPORTANT: When you burn the game to a DVD/BD disc, make sure that you're using a proper backup of the game. It means ALL files as they were backed-up on the internal hdd of your PS3 - no split .666## files should be present. All 4GB+ files must be in once piece.

Proper steps to create a DVD/BD backup of a PS3 game:
Code:
1) Start multiMAN and insert the original PS3 game disc
2) Create a backup of the game to:
- If game contains files bigger than 4GB -> INTERNAL HDD
- If game doesn't contain files bigger than 4GB -> internal or external
3) Transfer the backup copy to your PC (if game contains 4GB+ files you may have to use FTP)

At this point you should have the PS3 game backup on your PC with all files 1:1 (no split files!)

4) Open a burning program like IMGBURN and drag PS3_GAME folder and PS3_DISC.SFB file to the root of the compilation
5) Burn the disc

I think the problem with trying to use this method now is were on a much higher firmware version for the PS3. DeanK has not updated this program in some time and I have not tried to re-sign the eboot to work on a higher version. If you try this and it works I'd be interested in trying this again as I have a few games I'd like to get on disc.