PDA

View Full Version : Webcam software advise

Airbander
09-09-2013, 05:37 AM
Hi Guys

My Emachines E525 Laptop has a built in Camera and i wanted to use it to Recode video

Please note: i am trying to recode a video using my laptop camera so i will save the video in my hard drive

so first issue the driver wont work after installing the camera driver the application start and close
no error

I tried manycams and other 3 software like easywebcam and so on and non of the would see webcam installed

I am not trying to chat or skye or anything i would love to have webcam working so i can recode the video and save it in my hard drive

https://support.gateway.com/us/en/emac/product/default.aspx?modelId=1257

what i need:

1- to get webcam working

2- Find a software that is able to recode a video and save it into the hard drive

Please advise

Thank you very much

MysticRiffs
09-11-2013, 02:04 AM
Okay, this gonna sound silly, but Vista should ship with native drivers and they should be fine to get at least a picture in real time up and running on the Acer webcam. From the spec I'm reading, it's only a 0.3 megapixel, so don't expect much from it. My personal advice is to uninstall whatever drivers you already have installed from the Device Manager, and then simply right click/refresh and see if your OS picks up on the new hardware. If not, reboot, still with no drivers installed. Vista should make a fair attempt at putting generic drivers in place, however, because of the age, one of the things I come across a lot in older lappies is physical damage to the cable that connects the monitor to the motherboard. It looks like a single braided cable, most often, but it's really a bundle for the display, the camera and the microphone(s).

If, after rebooting, your OS can't detect that the camera even exists, that might be the problem. We can tackle 2 after we get 1 under our belts. :D