PDA

View Full Version : Quote Something Good

megabyteme
09-19-2013, 11:10 AM
There's all kinds of great stuff worth quoting. Movies. Songs. Graffiti. Yer mum. Yer Mum's boyfriend. Even books.

Just quote something good...

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000388/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Holy Jesus! What is that? What the fuck is that? WHAT IS THAT, PRIVATE PYLE?
Private Gomer Pyle (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000352/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Sir, a jelly doughnut, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000388/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): A jelly doughnut?

IdolEyes787
09-19-2013, 11:53 AM
"He wrapped himself in quotations - as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors".

- Rudyard Kipling

anon
09-19-2013, 03:24 PM
"Do you know why there's not a single word in those 'reality' shows? Because they don't know anything, dear, what are they going to talk about? If you put four engineers, five physicists, grown-up people, there's going to be a dialogue and people will be able to learn, but nobody wants to watch- well, it's not really that nobody wants to watch that. People are induced not to pay attention to things that are not escapism, part of this big network of escapism human beings have." -- Ricardo Iorio

megabyteme
09-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Our best thoughts come from others. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Certain others, anyway...

IdolEyes787
09-19-2013, 05:04 PM
"I know you are but what am I?"

-Pee-wee Herman :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOGWbzUM-y8

TheFoX
09-19-2013, 05:55 PM
There's all kinds of great stuff worth quoting.

One of the best quotes ever!

bigboab
09-19-2013, 07:03 PM
The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously. - Hubert Humphrey

dion09529
09-19-2013, 07:24 PM
leaves me out, i've only got ear lice and pubic wax. :sadwalk:
-o-

megabyteme
09-19-2013, 07:51 PM
leaves me out, i've only got ear lice and pubic wax. :sadwalk:
-o-

:lol: 2am Ambien post.

Hole69
09-19-2013, 09:13 PM
"Nature intended women to be our slaves. They are our property."

Napolean Bonaparte

“I don’t see what sort of help woman was created to provide man with, if one excludes procreation. If woman is not given to man for help in bearing children, for what help could she be?"

Augustine

"Woman in her greatest perfection was made to serve and obey man"

John Knox

Women are considered deep – why? Because one can never discover any bottom to them. Women are not even shallow . . .

Nietzsche

Women, meaty bags of holes filled with cum good for fuck all else

Hole69

Darth Sushi
09-19-2013, 10:55 PM
From Highlander:
Kurgan: [to everyone in the church] I have something to say! It's better to burn out than to fade away!

From Conan the Barbarian:
Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

From Aliens:
Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

Vasquez: No. Have you?

anon
09-20-2013, 01:35 AM
"I was always lazy. Until those fortified yogurts with vitamins and stuff came out. Now I still do nothing, but much faster and with twice the energy" -- Roberto Pettinato

"This isn't about stealing from the rich to give to the poor, like Robinson Crusoe did" -- Carlos Menem

bigboab
09-20-2013, 07:08 AM
One more drink and I will be under the host - Dorothy Parker

megabyteme
09-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Excellent choice, boab. Your post enticed me to look up more of her quotes:

I might repeat to myself, slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound; if I can remember any of the damn things.

There's a hell of a distance between wise-cracking and wit. Wit has truth in it; wise-cracking is simply calisthenics with words.

All those writers who write about their own childhood! Gentle God, if I wrote about mine you wouldn't sit in the same room with me.

You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.

Parker's answer when asked to use the word horticulture during a game of Can-You-Give-Me-A-Sentence?

I'm never going to accomplish anything; that's perfectly clear to me. I'm never going to be famous. My name will never be writ large on the roster of Those Who Do Things. I don't do anything. Not one single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that any more.

And she had It. It, hell; she had Those.

:happy:

Darth Sushi
09-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Ozzy Osbourne

bigboab
09-20-2013, 05:32 PM
The play was a great success, but the audience was a total failure - Oscar Wilde

Artemis
09-21-2013, 12:27 AM
“'You are drunk Sir Winston, you are disgustingly drunk. 'Yes, Mrs. Braddock, I am drunk. But you, Mrs. Braddock are ugly, and disgustingly fat. But, tomorrow morning, I, Winston Churchill will be sober.”
- Sir Winston Churchill

natedogg
09-21-2013, 12:41 AM
"I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest." Rodney Dangerfield

pone44
09-21-2013, 01:21 AM
“So many vows … they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It’s too much. No matter what you do, you’re forsaking one vow or another.” Jaime Lannister/The Kingslayer-GRRM

Alien5
09-21-2013, 04:31 AM
If assholes could fly...
this place would be an airport.

bigboab
09-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

TheFoX
09-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Happiness is a cigar called Hamlet...

jjp
09-22-2013, 06:06 AM
The learning and knowledge that we have, is, at the most, but little compared with that of which we are ignorant.
Plato

I'm planning on reading one of his books, brilliant man.

natedogg
09-22-2013, 06:15 AM
"Marriage is really tough because you have to deal with feelings... and lawyers." Richard Pryor

bigboab
09-22-2013, 06:57 AM
A housemaid - a clockwork thing you screw up in bed and it does the housework

Sangrys
09-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.

Vestibule
09-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.

I came up with something similar years ago.... it goes comme ca.... Today is the beginning of Yesterday's Tomorrow....

Vestibule
09-22-2013, 05:32 PM
If you think you can... you are right.
If you think you can't... you are right too...

TheFoX
09-22-2013, 08:05 PM
If you think you can... you are right.
If you think you can't... you are right too...

I heard something similar to do with religion.

If you think that God exists, he does, and if you think that God doesn't exist, he doesn't. Regardless whether he exists or not, it is your belief that defines him or denies him.

Millions of Muslims, Christians and other faiths cannot be wrong. Mind you, millions of Atheists also cannot be wrong. So, who is right? They all are. What they believe in is the foundation of their faith or understanding. Simple as that.

megabyteme
09-22-2013, 09:49 PM
So, who is right? They all are.

If you were a teacher, even Oleg could pass your class. :O

Darth Sushi
09-23-2013, 02:02 AM
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

bigboab
09-23-2013, 07:17 AM
To me old age is always fifteen years older than I am.

natedogg
09-23-2013, 07:27 AM
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert Einstein

megabyteme
09-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Inspector Clouseau: [gesturing to the hotel's dog] Does your dog bite?
German hotelier: No.[Clouseau bends down to pet the small dog; it attacks and viciously bites him.]
Inspector Clouseau: I thought you said your dog did not bite!
German hotelier: That is not my dog.

TheFoX
09-23-2013, 09:27 PM
So, who is right? They all are.

If you were a teacher, even Oleg could pass your class. :O

Well, they do say you are only as good as those who teach you. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Snee
09-23-2013, 09:59 PM
At least this misogyny is sort of classy. Or, well, funny.

chalice
09-24-2013, 11:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllRW9wETzw

chalice
09-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Warning to Children Children, if you dare to think
Of the greatness, rareness, muchness
Fewness of this precious only
Endless world in which you say
You live, you think of things like this:
Blocks of slate enclosing dappled
Red and green, enclosing tawny
Yellow nets, enclosing white
And black acres of dominoes,
Where a neat brown paper parcel
Tempts you to untie the string.
In the parcel a small island,
On the island a large tree,
On the tree a husky fruit.
Strip the husk and pare the rind off:
In the kernel you will see
Blocks of slate enclosed by dappled
Red and green, enclosed by tawny
Yellow nets, enclosed by white
And black acres of dominoes,
Where the same brown paper parcel -
Children, leave the string alone!
For who dares undo the parcel
Finds himself at once inside it,
On the island, in the fruit,
Blocks of slate about his head,
Finds himself enclosed by dappled
Green and red, enclosed by yellow
Tawny nets, enclosed by black
And white acres of dominoes,
With the same brown paper parcel
Still untied upon his knee.
And, if he then should dare to think
Of the fewness, muchness, rareness,
Greatness of this endless only
Precious world in which he says
he lives - he then unties the string.

Robert Graves

Alien5
09-24-2013, 06:34 PM
I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence

bigboab
09-24-2013, 09:13 PM
All the sights in Rome are named after London cinemas.

natedogg
09-25-2013, 07:48 AM
"That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad." Sheldon Cooper

TheFoX
09-25-2013, 05:58 PM
'I am successful at everything I do' -- Retro.

'I am a total failure at everything I do' -- OlegL

'I just do' -- IdolEyes787

'Fuck Off! Cunts!' -- Chalice

IdolEyes787
09-25-2013, 07:13 PM
“We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.”

-Samuel Smiles

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall".

-Confucius

"This thread sucks but at least it's not the change one letter thread"

- The vast majority of sentient life

chalice
09-25-2013, 09:26 PM

I've never, even the once, on this board, found need of an exclamation mark. I find people who find need of them stupid fucking cunts. Of all the unnecessary punctuation in the language English, this is the most offensive. I fucking hate its fucking guts. And I don't need an exclamation mark to re-enforce that.

TheFoX
09-25-2013, 09:38 PM
'When we fail, we try again, from a different angle. When we give up trying, we are truly a failure' -- Retro.

'There is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer' -- Retro

'There are two types of people in this world. Those that have knowledge and keep it to themselves, and those that have knowledge and share it with others. The first group are frightened that sharing knowledge will diminish them, while the second group wish to enrich society.' -- Retro

'If you find you cannot beat a challenge, sleep on it. You'll often find that after a good nights sleep, the answer will be as plain as a pane of glass.' -- Retro

'Do not doubt your own ability. If you know you are capable of a task, back yourself.' -- Retro

'If someone constantly puts you down, it is probably because they are jealous of your abilities.' -- Retro

'Someone who constantly praises you up probably has their tongue up your arse.' -- Retro

TheFoX
09-25-2013, 09:48 PM

I've never, even the once, on this board, found need of an exclamation mark. I find people who find need of them stupid fucking cunts. Of all the unnecessary punctuation in the language English, this is the most offensive. I fucking hate its fucking guts. And I don't need an exclamation mark to re-enforce that.

I thought it was just an upside down i, just like iPod! which is the same upside down, as seen in a mirror.

I take on board your strong feelings about the use of the exclamation mark, and while I don't entirely agree with your sentiment, I do understand your desire to see this mark drastically reduced. The exclamation mark (!) should only be used where absolutely necessary. Other punctuations, such as comma (,) and fullstop (.), should be used more by many members of this board. Also, paragraphing should be practised more.

The general consensus is that most people using this board, or indeed the internet, should concentrate on studying the English language because their grasp of this very necessary communication tool is somewhat lacking. Being unable to express yourself properly is a severe handicap. If you cannot convey the proper feelings using the written word, you may as well give up even trying.

So, in true Chalice style, I will re-quote your phrase, omitting the offensive punctuation, which I hope will meet with your approval. If it doesn't, well, who gives a fuck anyway.

'Fuck Off. Cunts.' -- Chalice

chalice
09-25-2013, 10:10 PM
More like it, innit. However, somewhat general. I find most other points of syntax fucking crucial. They do stuff good. They fulfil their remit, whistle blows, every cunt goes home happy. Surely, in that specific point of exclamation, we as exquisitely expressive animals, can muster our thoughts onto the internets with some eloquence (this is moot in the natural usage of any punctuation, ((see Idol)) and a decent image imagined will forgo everything).

Where is the need for a, fuck, dare I say it, bang? What cunt dreamt up that wankish expression? That just confirms its inadequacy. Fuck exclamation marks and fuck Idol and most of all, fuck all them baby-gnawing foxes. Coming into our homes, eating our babies' faces. What a pack of cunts.

Just like Rolf, your opinion has been reneged.

IdolEyes787
09-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Fuck exclamation marks and fuck Idol ....

I am probably alone in my appreciation that another thread has taken the path less traveled.:)
Predictability may be a good thing for snow tires but other than that ....

In that vein and now having watched one entire episode of Breaking Bad ,which punctuation aside obviously makes me an authority,I have formulated two theories of why like Lost/Heroes/Twin Peaks etc before it most people are so enamoured with it.
Of the two the one that I'm currently favouring is that you're all unbelievably ghey.

Except of course rart, who is believable ghey.:)

IdolEyes787
09-25-2013, 10:48 PM
'You'll often find that after a good nights sleep, the answer will be as plain as a pane of glass.' -- Retro'

Cool story bro but what if it's stained glass?

Vestibule
09-26-2013, 01:16 AM
"We've got to risk implosion. We may explode into the biggest fireball this part of the galaxy has seen, but we've got to take that one in a million chance."
- James T. Kirk in 'The Naked Time'

anon
09-28-2013, 05:19 PM
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -- Confucius

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Artemis
09-28-2013, 09:02 PM
English motherfucker, do you speak it? - Samuel L Jackson

natedogg
09-29-2013, 06:56 AM
"do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?" Chris Tucker

TheFoX
09-29-2013, 08:53 AM
'Oh, you are awful.' -- Dick Emery

Vestibule
09-29-2013, 04:00 PM
There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Oscar Wilde

megabyteme
09-29-2013, 04:51 PM
It's Crazyology 101- when you pit crazy against crazy, the result is an even bigger crazy. -Gunther Magnuson

bigboab
09-29-2013, 05:11 PM
I am not so think and you drunk I am. - John Squire

Darth Sushi
09-29-2013, 08:44 PM
"Winning is the best deodorant" - John Madden, ex Oakland Raiders football coach

bigboab
09-30-2013, 07:03 AM
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops when the music does. - Robert Helpmann

megabyteme
09-30-2013, 03:56 PM
“I liked it. I was good at it. I was alive.”

IdolEyes787
09-30-2013, 05:11 PM
“I liked it. I was good at it. I was alive.”

So has the thread title been changed to "misquote something good" and I didn't notice?

"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it, and I was alive".
Play it again,Meg. :)

"We are all swimmers of a sort,but from that vantage point it is impossible to get a look at the tide".

Or in my case,foolishly choose to ignore it.
Houston, we have a problem.:)

megabyteme
09-30-2013, 07:22 PM
"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it, and I was alive".

Like you'd know. :snooty:

IdolEyes787
09-30-2013, 07:33 PM
I don't pretend to know stuff,I only pretend to be right.:)

TheFoX
09-30-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't pretend to know stuff,I only pretend to be right. -- IdolEyes787

IdolEyes787
09-30-2013, 10:26 PM
Reality and fantasy are just two sections in the bookstore.

megabyteme
09-30-2013, 10:28 PM

You must have more upscale adult bookstores than we have around here. :idunno:

nancyscalf64
10-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Please excuse my over weaning pride but I've got to do it -

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle" General Pershing, US Army.

"Hard pressed on my right, My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking!" Ferdinand Foch.

"So they've got us surrounded. Good. That simplifies the problem! Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time!" Chesty Puller, USMC.

"The more Marines I have around the better I like it!" General Mark Clark, US Army.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!" Major Holdredge.

"A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons!" Admiral David Porter, USN.

"The Marines have landed and have the situation well in hand!" Richard Harding Davis.

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency: We are winning!" Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC

"I can never again see a United States Marine without experiencing a feeling of reverence." General Johnson, US Army.

"The raising of the flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next 500 years." James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy.

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Gunnery Sgt. Daniel Daly, USMC

"We're not retreating, Hell! We're just attacking in a different direction!" General Oliver Smith, USMC

"I have just returned from visiting the Marines at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!" General Douglas Macarthur, US Army

"Teufelhunden! (Devil Dog)" Nickname given by German Soldiers, WW1 at Belleau Wood.

"We have two companies of Marines running all over this island and thousands of Army troops doing nothing!" General John Vessey, Chairman of Joint Chiefs (About Grenada).

"Retreat hell! We just got here!" Captain Lloyd Williams, USMC.

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!"

"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the American Marines." Captured North Korean Major.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

"Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever witnessed. They treat their service as if it were some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everything they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics with haircuts ungentlemanly short, worshipping their Commandant almost as if he were a god, and making weird animal noises like a band of savages. They will fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just for the sake of a little action and are the cockiest SOB's I have ever known. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond a man's normal limits. But, their high spirits and sense of brotherhood set them apart and generally speaking the United States Marines I have come in contact with are the most professional soldiers and the finest men I have had the pleasure to meet." Anonymous Canadian Citizen 1969.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" ..............Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945.

"THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS... is over 225 years of romping, stomping, hell, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever seen. We were born in a Bomb Crater, Our Mother was an M-16 & Our Father was the Devil. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. I am a rough looking, roving soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, overbearing, and do not know the meaning of fear, for I am fear itself. I am a green amphibious monster, made of blood and guts, who arose from the sea, feasting on anti-Americans throughout the globe. Whenever it may arise, and when my time comes, I will die a glorious death on the battlefield, giving my life for Mom, the Corps, and the American Flag. We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army. On the 7th day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers and talk like sailors and slap the Hell out of both of them. Marine by day, lover by night, drunkard by choice, MARINE BY GOD!!! OORAH!!!"

megabyteme
10-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Please excuse my over weaning pride but I've got to do it -

I enjoyed those. They are great reminders of the men and women who are doing the dirty work while the rest of us have sat on the sidelines and second guessed the decisions made by politicians.

IdolEyes787
10-02-2013, 04:37 PM
You forgot the best quote.

"I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell".

-William Tecumseh Sherman

Anyone that thinks otherwise is dangerously delusional or a fool.

So basically most Marines.

nancyscalf64
10-02-2013, 04:57 PM
You forgot the best quote.

Anyone that thinks otherwise is dangerously delusional or a fool.

So basically most Marines.

Actually you've got it backwards, just like the best conservationists are hunter's, the biggest pacifists are military personnel. Do you think I liked having Himself gone on all those 6 - 8 month long deployments especially when I was pregnant? He certainly didn't. Or anyone deployed overseas now? .

I think you are confusing devotion to duty with love of war. They are two entirely different things

TheFoX
10-02-2013, 05:58 PM
No one loves war, but we all love peace. Sometimes, we have to fight to keep the peace. The sacrifice made by those who lay down their lives to keep the peace is a sacrifice well made. Each generation needs to thank those that went before for ensuring that the peace continues.

megabyteme
10-02-2013, 06:04 PM
-William Tecumseh Sherman

I was looking for another quote from Sherman- something on the lines of, "Burn it. Burn it all!", but he actually seems to have been a very collected and thoughtful individual.

http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/sherman/sherman-to-burn-atlanta.html

Excerpt from the above link, which is a letter to the people of Atlanta before burning it to the ground.

[...]We don't want your Negroes, or your horses, or your lands, or any thing you have, but we do want and will have a just obedience to the laws of the United States. That we will have, and if it involved the destruction of your improvements, we cannot help it.

You have heretofore read public sentiment in your newspapers, that live by falsehood and excitement; and the quicker you seek for truth in other quarters, the better. I repeat then that, bu the original compact of government, the United States had certain rights in Georgia, which have never been relinquished and never will be; that the South began the war by seizing forts, arsenals, mints, custom-houses, etc., etc., long before Mr. Lincoln was installed, and before the South had one jot or title of provocation. I myself have seen in Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Mississippi, hundreds and thousands of women and children fleeing from your armies and desperadoes, hungry and with bleeding feet. In Memphis, Vicksburg, and Mississippi, we fed thousands and thousands of the families of rebel soldiers left on our hands, and whom we could not see starve. Now that war comes to you, you feel very different. You deprecate its horrors, but did not feel them when you sent car-loads of soldiers and ammunition, and moulded shells and shot, to carry war into Kentucky and Tennessee, to desolate the homes of hundreds and thousands of good people who only asked to live in peace at their old homes, and under the Government of their inheritance. But these comparisons are idle. I want peace, and believe it can only be reached through union and war, and I will ever conduct war with a view to perfect an early success.

But, my dear sirs, when peace does come, you may call on me for any thing. Then will I share with you the last cracker, and watch with you to shield your homes and families against danger from every quarter.

Now you must go, and take with you the old and feeble, feed and nurse them, and build for them, in more quiet places, proper habitations to shield them against the weather until the mad passions of men cool down, and allow the Union and peace once more to settle over your old homes in Atlanta.

Yours in haste,
W.T. Sherman, Major-General commanding

IdolEyes787
10-02-2013, 06:18 PM
I don't think you can glorify the player without by default also glorifying the game. If you would like to debate the validity of that statement then please feel free.
Anyway what is perceived as being courageous or honourable is open to interpretation as Muhammad Ali could probably have told you from his prison cell.

Also hunters are only "the best" conservationists since they covet the opportunity to kill stuff.They are branch of the same tree that the idiots tearing up the woods on their ATVs all the while loudly proclaiming their love of the outdoors belong to.
Ever consider shooting stuff only with a camera or God forbid,hiking maybe?

Or in other words,hunters can take their contrived "love of nature" and seriously go fuck themselves.

IdolEyes787
10-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Stuff

So if I've understanding you right,then when confronted with the statement "War is Hell" you're saying "Not so much".

IdolEyes787
10-02-2013, 06:36 PM
No one loves war, but we all love peace. Sometimes, we have to fight to keep the peace. The sacrifice made by those who lay down their lives to keep the peace is a sacrifice well made. Each generation needs to thank those that went before for ensuring that the peace continues.

Almost all war is fought over land,religion or resources.I'm pretty sure keeping the peace has very little to do with most of it.

Anyway slave to one master as opposed to slave to another seems a pretty silly reason for anyone to die.
Instead of vilifying Hitler,warmongers should probably be thanking him for giving them the one exception to stick in everyone's faces when they say that all war is unjust.:mellow:

megabyteme
10-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Stuff

So if I've understanding you right,then when confronted with the statement "War is Hell" you're saying "Not so much".

War is heck. :)

deepfry
10-07-2013, 06:36 AM
May we always live in interesting times - chienese curse

Snee
10-07-2013, 04:50 PM
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle" General Pershing, US Army.

Totally, I mean, it's not as if regular infantry in several other nations have equivalent or better training.

Oh, wait.

Thing is, the U.S. is average at soldiering, what they've won by is having better logistics/supply chains than the other guy. OFC, the other side of that particular coin is they tend to take it for granted so much that they can't fix shit in the field. When a gun starts jamming, the whole thing gets replaced. It probably doesn't help that they overcomplicate things, as well. A Hornet can hardly function without a whole crew with specialised tools going over it between every flight and you need a smooth landing path, a MIG-29 can land and lift off again on gravel roads, and you can probably do basic repairs on it with a hammer. The difference between an M16 and an AK47 is nearly as striking.

Other than that, I'm with idle, basically. I'm sure that there have been just wars over important and righteous things, but the last one in Iraq, fex, wasn't one.

TheFoX
10-07-2013, 06:01 PM
If I had to go into battle, I would want the SAS and SBS as my comrades. If they were too busy, then it would have to be the Parachute Regiment.

Artemis
10-15-2013, 11:46 PM
I drank what?

-Aristotle

kallieb
10-16-2013, 12:38 AM
You lounge lads still have the shine :)

megabyteme
10-16-2013, 03:30 AM
Good to see you Kallie. :happy:

As for the military team I would want defending fighting along side of me... The French Foreign Legion.

Second to that, some tough Russian bastards.

Group I'd hope we were invading... The French.

Sasu-Kins
10-21-2013, 04:41 PM
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" - Uchiha Itachi

IdolEyes787
10-21-2013, 06:23 PM
That mouse from The Simpsons is deep,man.

Artemis
10-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Sometimes I wonder why the frisbee keeps getting bigger, then it hits me.....

bigboab
10-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Hollywood: a place where they shoot too many pictures and not enough actors. - Walter Winchell

Vestibule
10-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Ya can't give away the mohair jacket there. (Edith asks "Why not?") Because the mo here is as good as it ever was. Gloria: "Daddy, there's no such animal as a mo!" Archie: The Canadian woods are full of mos!
- Archie Bunker -

anon
10-22-2013, 02:40 AM
"When you're a child, you have the energy and time to change the world, but not the money. When you're a grown-up, you have the money and energy, but not the time. And when you're old, you have the time and money, but not the energy."

TheFoX
10-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Life is rich. Experience is life. Living is experience. Life is for living.

mjmacky
10-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Life is rich. Experience is life. Living is experience. Life is for living.

When I solved the equation, I got living is rich.

IdolEyes787
10-27-2013, 08:54 PM
I got life is only worth living if you're rich.

mjmacky
10-27-2013, 08:56 PM
I got life is only worth living if you're rich.

That's because your sulfide covered tongue is biased.

IdolEyes787
10-27-2013, 08:59 PM
"Maybe strong is just what you have left when you've used up all your weak".

IdolEyes787
10-27-2013, 09:00 PM
That's because your sulfide covered tongue is biased.

No, just the one like everybody else.

megabyteme
10-27-2013, 11:05 PM
He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

-Albert Einstein

megabyteme
11-15-2013, 10:01 PM
“Cocaine isn’t habit forming. I should know–I’ve been using it for years”.

Is cocaine still in fashion, or has the recession made it just as unattainable as a job? :unsure:

Artemis
11-16-2013, 06:01 AM
“We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

- Hunter S Thompson.

TheFoX
11-16-2013, 03:40 PM
So true.

dion09529
11-16-2013, 06:29 PM
“Случи ми се и още нещо, много забавно. Някакъв си парижки тип ми изпрати поздравления в голям плик. Понеже нямал точния ми адрес, той написал: "Едит Пиаф в Съединените щати". Момчетата от пощата добавили върху плика: "Парижките пощаджии ви целуват." Можеш да си представиш колко е препускало по следите ми това писмо, докато ме намери! Навсякъде, откъдето е минавало, пощенските служители написвали по нещо - "И ние също!" А тия от Чикаго - "Ние ви обичаме!" В Лос Анджелес допълнили: "И ние заедно с другите!" Когато получих писмото, на него нямаше неизписано местенце. В пощата навярно са се страхували да не се загуби, затова един раздавач лично ми го донесе. Вместо да почука на вратата, той изсвири с уста "Животът в розово". Не е ли красиво всичко това?”
― Edith Piaf

ckrit
11-16-2013, 10:35 PM
NVM, read that wrong. Rusty russian, or it's screwy.

Not very exciting, though.

mjmacky
11-17-2013, 09:41 AM
“Случи ми се и още нещо, много забавно. Някакъв си парижки тип ми изпрати поздравления в голям плик. Понеже нямал точния ми адрес, той написал: "Едит Пиаф в Съединените щати". Момчетата от пощата добавили върху плика: "Парижките пощаджии ви целуват." Можеш да си представиш колко е препускало по следите ми това писмо, докато ме намери! Навсякъде, откъдето е минавало, пощенските служители написвали по нещо - "И ние също!" А тия от Чикаго - "Ние ви обичаме!" В Лос Анджелес допълнили: "И ние заедно с другите!" Когато получих писмото, на него нямаше неизписано местенце. В пощата навярно са се страхували да не се загуби, затова един раздавач лично ми го донесе. Вместо да почука на вратата, той изсвири с уста "Животът в розово". Не е ли красиво всичко това?”
― Edith Piaf

Niko više ne pošalje pisma u pičku materinu

TheFoX
11-17-2013, 11:33 AM
― Edith Piaf

He won't understand that. He's only just mastered words of two syllables.

megabyteme
11-17-2013, 12:34 PM

By, "mastered" you mean, "no longer drools all the time when speaking".

dion09529
11-17-2013, 05:06 PM

Niko više ne pošalje pisma u pičku materinu = No one sends letters to hell

mjmacky
11-18-2013, 01:25 AM

Niko više ne pošalje pisma u pičku materinu = No one sends letters to hell

That's an inaccurate translation. No one sends fucking letters anymore.

megabyteme
11-23-2013, 04:15 AM
He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hid. He was being kind...

One of my favorite lines from an altogether great series...

TheFoX
11-23-2013, 11:59 AM
He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hid. He was being kind...

Series????

There were 26 seasons, or series, on the old Doctor Who productions, and another 7 series under the new Doctor Who productions, with 11 different Doctors.

So, can you be more specific. Which bloody series are you referring to?

IdolEyes787
11-23-2013, 01:51 PM
If any doubt remained,proof positive that Fox is in fact English.

And a nerd.

Bit of a twit too.

Snee
11-23-2013, 04:32 PM

Series????

There were 26 seasons, or series, on the old Doctor Who productions, and another 7 series under the new Doctor Who productions, with 11 different Doctors.

I'd guess it's the one where that quote comes from.

Just a wild stab in the dark.

TheFoX
11-24-2013, 01:27 PM
If any doubt remained,proof positive that Fox is in fact English.

And a nerd.

Bit of a twit too.

Jealousy will get you nowhere.

I find it ironic that a section of American society brag that they are Irish-American, while no one brags that they are Anglo-American or English-American. The real irony is that the Irish emigrated to the US because life in Ireland was so desperate at that point in time.

Why, on why, do several generations removed wish that they were back in their heritage came from, instead of accepting that they were born on US soil, to US parents, of US parents, It is their great great great great great Grand Daddy that emigrated, and only because his life was so bloody poor that he wanted a new life on a new shore. If he was only alive today to hear his offspring having desires to return to their roots, he'd have a fit.

After all, you don't hear Eddy Murphy or any other famous black Hollywood actor desiring to return to their roots in the middle of a jungle or desert. In fact, if anyone's roots are in Somalia, they are probably glad they got out when they did.

As for being a nerd, I am a member of this forum, for sharing of files, which makes most, if not all, members here somewhat nerdy.

As for being a twit, well that is your own personal perception of me, based on your own existence. You should not judge others by your own existence, as that might distort your own judgement. To judge honestly, you must compare me to others, not yourself.

So, for being a twit, that may, or may not, be the case.

Finally, while I may be English born and bred, my roots are found in many places. I have Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Canadian and Maltese blood running in my veins. I may even have a little bit of black blood running in my veins, although my dancing is nothing to be desired.

megabyteme
11-24-2013, 04:59 PM
have a little bit of black blood running in my veins

Yeah, yeah, go back to Somalia you nerdy, twit...

I'd guess it's the one where that quote comes from.

Just a wild stab in the dark.

:lol::lol:

IdolEyes787
11-24-2013, 06:12 PM
As for being a nerd, I am a member of this forum, for sharing of files, which makes most, if not all, members here somewhat nerdy.

As for being a twit, well that is your own personal perception of me, based on your own existence. You should not judge others by your own existence, as that might distort your own judgement. To judge honestly, you must compare me to others, not yourself.

So, for being a twit, that may, or may not, be the case.

Finally, while I may be English born and bred, my roots are found in many places. I have Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Canadian and Maltese blood running in my veins. I may even have a little bit of black blood running in my veins, although my dancing is nothing to be desired.

I never talk about filesharing while using fiilesharingtalk as talking about file sharing is nerdy.I instead waste my time here Marlin fishing and racing motorcycles and I'm actually quite surprised to learn most don't do likewise.:unsure:

Until I get another existence I'm afraid I'm just going to have to do everything with this one.
Btw I did "compare you to others" and came to the conclusion that you aren't anywhere as pretty as Emily Blunt or as witty as the piece of driftwood I came across the other day,even if you run it close for general woodenness. :)

I don't have any country type blood running in my veins.I did have some black blood once but some antibiotic seem to clear it right up.

Yeah, yeah, go back to Somalia you nerdy, twit...

:lol::lol:

Just a word of caution.Careful when you try saying anything funny around Fox as he might respond with a wall of nonsense that as a gentleman,you are obliged to read.:(

chalice
11-24-2013, 07:01 PM
As to Irish-Americans electing to disassociate themselves from their questionable English heritage, one would think that might have something to do with British imperialism and the imposed so-called 'famine', which was actually a redistribution of colonial resources.

Bunch of fucking cunts.

TheFoX
11-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Don't take me too seriously. I just have this urge to ram shit down the throat of IdolEyes787, and often make shit up just for that purpose.

He's so condescending, isn't he?

IdolEyes787
11-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Don't take me too seriously. I just have this urge to ram shit down the throat of IdolEyes787, and often make shit up just for that purpose.

He's so condescending, isn't he?

You're seriously mental, aren't you?

Oh no wait, you just admitted that.:mellow:

mjmacky
11-25-2013, 02:40 AM
The real irony is that the Irish emigrated to the US

One would emigrate from Ireland and immigrate to the US.

Also, brevity or something.

TheFoX
11-25-2013, 06:15 PM

Yes, but one or the other will do, depending on the context of the sentence. No need to teach you to suck eggs now, is there?

mjmacky
11-25-2013, 06:20 PM

Yes, but one or the other will do, depending on the context of the sentence

Yeah, so I'd try to stick with the correct usage in each case. The masses abusing it does not make it OK, we're dealing with prefixes here, prefixes. That's serious business.

megabyteme
11-25-2013, 06:30 PM
There's also a fine line between immigrating and sneaking on a boat. :whistling

Vestibule
11-25-2013, 11:44 PM

U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres: "I am dismayed at the rising global phenomenon of migrants and people fleeing conflict or persecution and perishing at sea."

megabyteme
11-26-2013, 03:37 AM
Chief Martin Brody (from Jaws): I think we are gonna need a bigger boat!

mjmacky
11-26-2013, 08:26 AM

U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres: "I am dismayed at the rising global phenomenon of migrants and people fleeing conflict or persecution and perishing at sea."

It's the UN, so of course he'd be a grammar pussy.

bigboab
11-26-2013, 09:59 AM
People who live in glass houses have to answer the door bell - Bruce Patterson

IdolEyes787
11-26-2013, 12:52 PM

And now the actual line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8

Notice how your version changes the dynamics of the entire scene.
Brody isn't "thinking.His reaction is one of shock,not fear as he finally begins to realize the true magnitude of the situation that he's facing.

Also by delivering the line as a definitive, it doesn't present any wishy-washiness which is important.

Although Quint,Brody and Hooper might be there for various reasons,one thing they share in common is all are unwavering in their actions which is why out of all the characters they are the three on that boat and also why they choose to persist even when things begin to go bad.

megabyteme
11-26-2013, 03:55 PM

And now the actual line.

:dry:

Stehle
11-30-2013, 11:47 PM
"Hey soldier ....do you know who is in command here?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f96p-IhcZhQ) - Captain Benjamin L. Willard (Martin Sheen)

(I was in a state somewhat like "Lance" the first time I watched it... since then it has been my all time quote / movie scene with not only the question asked, but the soldiers "Roach"' facial expressions when he answers.) :alien:

IdolEyes787
12-01-2013, 08:11 PM

j2k4
12-02-2013, 09:09 PM
The most basic question is not what is best, but who shall decide what is best.

-Thomas Sowell

anon
12-14-2013, 05:58 PM
"Those two are... waiting for someone with a briefcase on the street side. That one, sizing up loaded victims. They are there, but you can't see them. That's what it's all about. They're there, but they aren't. So mind your briefcase, your case, your door... your window, your car, your savings. Mind your ass. Because they're there and they'll always be. Thieves. No... that's what everybody calls them. They are spitters, breakers, skin workers, blind fronts, hoisters, hooks, stalls, petermans, night raiders, spitters, mustard chuckers, fences, operators, swindlers. I'm hungry. Let's go to my office to get a meal." -- Marcos (Ricardo Darín) in Nueve reinas (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247586/)

smokeybear
01-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Loving a woman who scorns you, is like licking honey from a thorn......

smokeybear
01-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu

macfesto
01-21-2014, 12:01 AM
there is nothing in the desert and no man needs nothing

nick_simpson17
01-21-2014, 05:05 PM
“Live your life as an Exclamation rather than an Explanation”
― Isaac Newton

clunk007
01-21-2014, 09:10 PM
"no hay amor mas amoroso que el amor de los enamorados"

translation

"there is no love so lovely as the love of the lovers"

mexican wisdom

MaMeMaN
01-21-2014, 09:31 PM
MOVIE QUOTE

And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway.

Oh, you can THINK about it... but don't do it!

IdolEyes787
01-28-2014, 12:21 AM
Dedicated to all the NZBians who that for the sake of 2 meagre posts, find it necessary to whine.

"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are".

-Arthur Golden

megabyteme
01-28-2014, 07:05 AM
I'm not going to stand by and let you pick on the whole lot of NeZBians. What they do silently together in their parents' basements is none of your business, queer. :no:

racerxxv
01-28-2014, 09:01 PM
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
- George Bernard Shaw

james99
02-03-2014, 10:12 AM
He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

-Albert Einstein

Nice! I also like "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

TheFoX
02-03-2014, 05:18 PM

-Albert Einstein

Nice! I also like "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

And there was me thinking that a genius has no limits, hence why they are a genius.

Something Else
02-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Suck my zipple.

Fo'shizzle.

BinDun :unsure:

megabyteme
02-14-2014, 05:24 PM
mexican wisdom

Oxymoron. :happy:

ericc54321
03-14-2014, 10:35 PM
You're not the boss of me, Jack. You're not the king of Dirk. I'm the boss of me. I'm the king of me. I'm Dirk Diggler. I'm the star. It's my big dick and I say when we roll.

anon
03-16-2014, 07:52 PM
One of the most memorable parts from Fight Club:

Jack: Let me tell you a little bit about Tyler. Tyler was a night person. While the rest of us were sleeping, he worked. He had one part time job as a projectionist. See, a movie doesn't come all on one big reel. It comes on a few. So someone has to be there to switch the projectors at the exact moment that one reel ends and the next one begins. If you look for it, you can see these little dots come into the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
*Tyler points at it*
Tyler: In the industry, we call them cigarette burns.
Jack: That's the cue for a changeover. He flips the projectors, the movie keeps right on going, and nobody in the audience has any idea.
Tyler: And why would anyone want this shit job?
Jack: Because it affords him other interesting opportunities.
Tyler: Like splicing single frames of pornography into family films.
Jack: So when the snooty cat and the courageous dog with the celebrity voices meet for the first time in reel three, that's when you'll catch a flash of Tyler's contribution to the film.
*Cue to an audience watching a movie. A porn scene audibly flashes for a split second*
Jack: Nobody knows that they saw it, but they did.
Tyler: A nice, big cock.
*The audience is shocked; a little girl cries*
Jack: Even a hummingbird couldn't catch Tyler at work.

*Scene changes to a dinner in a hotel*

Jack: Tyler also works sometimes as a banquet waiter at the luxurious pressman hotel.

*Scene changes to the hotel's kitchen; Tyler is urinating on a food cart*

Jack: He was the guerrilla terrorist of the food service industry.
Tyler: Do not watch. I cannot go when you watch.
Jack: Apart from seasoning the lobster bisque, he farted on meringues, sneezed on braised endive, and as for the cream of mushroom soup, well...
Tyler: Go ahead, tell 'em.
Jack: ...you get the idea.

megabyteme
03-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Dogs and philosophers do the greatest good and get the fewest rewards. -Diogenes

*From a calendar in my office. It happens to still be on January...

sromaninov
03-24-2014, 11:39 PM
the most expensive sex is free sex - Woody Allen

Mr. Mulder
03-25-2014, 08:43 AM
"I'm a creepy Jew midget and married my own daughter, yay daughter sex" - Woody Allen

megabyteme
03-31-2014, 11:17 PM
“I would have to write everything in the act myself. Any line or idea with even a vague feeling of familiarity or provenance had to be expunged. There could be nothing that made the audience feel they weren’t seeing something utterly new.”- Steve Martin

anon
04-02-2014, 09:24 PM
A scene from Los Simuladores (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316613/):

(Setting is a courtroom. Ravenna is posing as a lawyer taking a statement)

Ravenna: What is your job, Mr. Itzkoff?
Itzkoff: I'm a advertising creative executive.
Ravenna: "Advertising creative executive." And what would that activity consist on?
Itzkoff: Well, I picture the best way to sell a particular product.
Ravenna: Would that be a product that people need?
Itzkoff: I don't understand.
Ravenna: Of course, if one is cold, they go out and buy a coat. If someone's hungry, they go out and buy something to eat. In that regard, your activity would not be very logical.
Itzkoff: Then?
Ravenna: According this book, "Creativity and Marketing" from licensees Michigan and Kessler, advertising consists on selling someone something that they don't actually need. Do you agree with that definition?
Itzkoff: Could be, yes.
Ravenna: In that case, in college you learn how to plug in someone something they don't really need, making them believe they'll be happier that way?
Itzkoff: Well, that's one way to see it.
Ravenna: According your studies, whom do you think has a more consumeristic profile: a happy person, or an unhappy person?
Itzkoff: An unhappy person. In fact, in advertising we work precisely with the "illusion of happiness", so to speak — if you drink a certain beverage, you will be happier; if you have a particular mobile phone, you'll surely be happier... someone who feels complete or satisfied surely won't consume.
Ravenna: So it is not convenient for the capitalist system to have people feeling satisfied?
Itzkoff: Well, I don't get hired by people. I get hired by those who sell mobile phones.

TheFoX
04-02-2014, 09:48 PM
So true.

megabyteme
04-02-2014, 10:41 PM
A scene from Los Simuladores (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316613/):

Can you point me to a site that has good English translation, anon? Would like to give it a try.

anon
04-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Sadly, I don't think there's such a thing :( This series is very good, but highly underrated outside the Spanish-speaking world. Chile, Mexico and Spain all did their own remakes.

It seems someone patched up decent English subtitles for the pilot episode, though, so at least there's that. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1lRnrf68zs)'s the video on YouTube (download it with the program of your choice) and here (http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/3305752/los-simuladores-episode-1-1-en) are the subs, which thankfully are correctly synchronized for the YT copy.

anomalman
04-02-2014, 11:11 PM
I have found that the process of discovering who I really am begins with knowing who I really don't want to be.

anon
04-03-2014, 01:27 AM
".... when you look through the years and see what you could have been, what you might have been, if you'd had more time." -- Supertramp

"To be happy living in this world, there are sides of the soul one must entirely paralyze." -- Unknown, found in a Unix fortune list

"There are two kinds of fighters. Those who fight honorably and those who win." -- Unknown

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." -- Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

"You already are perfectly able to see, remember?" -- ADOM, upon reading a scroll of cure blindness

iLOVENZB
04-03-2014, 01:35 AM
Get the fuck in or fuck the fuck off
- Malcom Tucker

MrCroup
04-03-2014, 01:43 AM
Rocco: Is it dead?

Vestibule
04-03-2014, 04:45 AM
Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to.

- Oscar Wilde

Artemis
04-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

-Edmund Burke

Artemis
04-03-2014, 09:02 PM
"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." -- Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

An idiom Idol and Chavis live their lives by. :yup:

anon
04-04-2014, 01:37 AM
An idiom Idol and Chavis live their lives by. :yup:

It's funny because it's true.

Artemis
04-04-2014, 05:44 AM
Can anyone else smell smoke?

- Jeanne de Arc

IdolEyes787
04-04-2014, 06:15 PM
It's funny because it's true.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth".-Marcus Aurelius

Although......

ChattNJE
04-04-2014, 07:46 PM
"Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid." - John Wayne

megabyteme
04-04-2014, 08:43 PM

:lol: Welcome, ChattNJE.

teflon05
04-05-2014, 12:44 AM
"The police are not here to create disorder, they're here to preserve disorder." - Richard Daley, former mayor of Chicago

TheFoX
04-05-2014, 09:38 AM

Actually, if you are stupid, life gets easier, as you rely on others to do your thinking for you.

megabyteme
04-05-2014, 11:59 AM
“The ugly and stupid have the best of it in this world. They can sit at their ease and gape at the play. If they know nothing of victory, they are at least spared the knowledge of defeat. They live as we all should live-- undisturbed, indifferent, and without disquiet. They never bring ruin upon others, nor ever receive it from alien hands. Your rank and wealth, Henry; my brains, such as they are-- my art, whatever it may be worth; Dorian Gray's good looks-- we shall all suffer for what the gods have given us, suffer terribly.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

libbyt
04-09-2014, 09:19 PM
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -Dave Barry

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/d/davebarry128305.html)
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/dave_barry.html#RQTyuoBlfbAlwcdb.99

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/d/davebarry128305.html)
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/dave_barry.html#RQTyuoBlfbAlwcdb.99

megabyteme
04-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Good quote, but you may want to ease up on the [paste] command. Once is enough... :mellow:

Something Else
04-10-2014, 09:32 PM
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.
OK, so what's the speed of dark?
How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked
something.
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.
When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.
Many people quit looking for work when they find a job.
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.
When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.
Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.
Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it.
The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.
The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is
research.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up. (this is
one of my long time favorites)
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried
before.
Change is inevitable....except from vending machines.
A fool and his money are soon partying.
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.
Borrow money from pessimists-they don't expect it back.
Half the people you know are below average.
99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

Innit.

stkjock
04-11-2014, 01:27 AM
"ehhhh what's up Doc"

Mr. Bugs Bunny

mjmacky
04-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Rabbits be killing themselves via self-induced myocardial infarction. That's a concern they should be bringing up in discussions with their health care providers.

The previous poster can tongue-polish my taint.

TheFoX
04-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Good quote, but you may want to ease up on the [paste] command. Once is enough... :mellow:

Now that IS a good quote. I like it. :D

jo2837
04-11-2014, 07:32 PM
You must obey the law, always, not only when they grab you by your special place.

Vladimir Putin

dion09529
04-11-2014, 10:20 PM
"Ich bin ein Berliner" - JFK

kmkhyd2014
04-17-2014, 04:09 AM
dont shed crockadile tears they are always not true

Artemis
04-17-2014, 01:01 PM
If you're walking on eggs, don't hop....

-Warren Oates

(Blue Thunder)

megabyteme
04-17-2014, 03:53 PM
If you're walking on eggs, don't hop....

-Warren Oates

I've been paraphrasing that for years and had no idea I'd even heard it before. I know I saw Blue Thunder as a kid, though. Must have snuck into my sub-conscious. :lol:

Warren Oates had quite the amazing career. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0643105/

IdolEyes787
04-26-2014, 12:05 PM
One for Mary minus the God bit.

"Numbers do not lie. Politics and poetry and promises, these are lies. Numbers are as close as we get to the handwriting of God."
—Hermann Gottlieb

Horrible movie but a silk purse from a sow's ear or something.

mjmacky
04-26-2014, 02:23 PM
One for Mary minus the God bit.

"Numbers do not lie. Politics and poetry and promises, these are lies. Numbers are as close as we get to the handwriting of God."
—Hermann Gottlieb

Horrible movie but a silk purse from a sow's ear or something.

Approximately 3 million women across all ages knowingly want my bone in them. Numbers do not lie.

ziggyjuarez
05-07-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm 9 inches long.

Artemis
05-07-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm 9 inches long.

Where the fuck do you buy your clothes, the Action Man section of the toy store? :blink:

IdolEyes787
05-07-2014, 03:54 PM
In the Mexican's defense I doubt if he knows the difference between Imperial and metric.

megabyteme
05-07-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm 9 inches long.

Where the fuck do you buy your clothes, the Action Man section of the toy store? :blink:

TheFoX
05-08-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm 9 inches long.

:lol:

Like it.

raajave
05-15-2014, 07:01 AM
Time and tide wait for no man

richasis
05-22-2014, 05:14 PM

...and that hit of acid I did just before wandering about between the two made for one helluva trip.

givato
05-22-2014, 05:31 PM
La Familia Es Todo

givato
05-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Bridges burn you live and learn

megabyteme
05-22-2014, 06:14 PM
La Familia Es Todo

Good one. For those not getting the (uncited) reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5l8spk68CA

EDIT- Admission: As a non-Spanish speaker, I translated it as "Your family is...

143715"

Something Else
05-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Malcolm Tucker:

"No, he's useless. He's absolutely useless. He's as useless as a marzipan dildo."

thinkor
05-26-2014, 03:40 PM
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” - Buckminster Fuller

DngrMs
05-30-2014, 07:19 AM
"Why don't you just fuck off?" - IdolEyes787

titsforthewin
06-03-2014, 12:18 AM
"Alcohol! The cause and solution to all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson