PDA

View Full Version : UK tv rips - life after the Box cut - any recommended sites?

IntrepidVixen
09-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Well despite being a power user, having a good ratio and being a good seeder of anything I grabbed, I obviously did not make the cut - that's the way things go sometimes, no hard feelings! However I am now finding a gap in what I find elsewhere. For example, nowhere had Great British Bakeoff caps when my BBC iPlayer wasn't working! Does anyone know any other sites that have a good range of UK television?

megabyteme
09-27-2013, 08:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

woton1940
09-27-2013, 08:34 AM
You could try 'TV Chaos UK' - https://tvchaosuk.com/login.php?returnto=%2Fbrowse.php - Hope this helps!

IntrepidVixen
09-27-2013, 09:17 AM
LOL Megabyteme - I'm not taking it personally, just I thought it was a good site and now need to find something to replace it! Bitmetv has been a long time staple for US shows but not the more eccentric UK ones.

Thanks woton - I'll check it out.

megabyteme
09-27-2013, 09:48 AM
:D Don't feel too bad for the loss... from what I've read, the decision was based FAR more on $$$ than sense. Just another trick to wring cash out of BT users. Greed is all over the place and will be the ultimate end of site-based sharing.

IntrepidVixen
09-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Yeah I'm not sobbing on my keyboard over it!! More worried about filling the gap - too many sites I relied on have disappeared over the last couple of years and whilst I've been invited on to some that have sort of resurrected, its not been the same! Tvchaos looks like the sort of thing I was looking for though :)

IdolEyes787
09-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Yeah I'm not sobbing on my keyboard over it!!

The use of exclamation marks belie your words.
I suggest using Saran Wrap over the keys as contrary to popular belief,it's not just for contraception.:)

CPC464
10-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Yeah I'm not sobbing on my keyboard over it!!

I suggest using Saran Wrap over the keys as contrary to popular belief,it's not just for contraception.:)

Yawn, typical troll comment from yourself,

congrats you have finally ruined this place. not browsed here for ages but not at all surprised posts less than a few days old only make it half way down the first page.

Well done

IdolEyes787
10-04-2013, 11:52 AM

Yawn, typical troll comment from yourself,

congrats you have finally ruined this place. not browsed here for ages but not at all surprised posts less than a few days old only make it half way down the first page.

Well done

Kewl story dewd but I'm not the one posting in this thread for the express purpose of causing trouble.
Denial is not the path to forgiveness.

As for your assertion that I'm singularly to blame for "ruining this place",while it's flattering that you think that I have so much influence over other people,I believe you are giving me far too much credit and individuals such as yourself far too little.

I will however cop to having some small hand in ridding the trade section of a good number of people selling accounts which probably had some effect on why that part of the board is currently so inactive.
The invite section,which basically otherwise fueled the board dried up simply because a lot of new places sprung up and seeing perhaps greener pastures,the more self involved among us closed up shop and moved there.

Other than that,people grew up and moved on which had the unfortunate domino effect of causing others who only posted because certain people did,to do likewise.

Also the newsbins haven't helped, as except for a temporarily wildly active "Can I have an invite ?" thread,none of those people(the Blacks) seem to think that they need to be polite enough to give back anything for getting something.
Who'd have ever thunk humanity so capable of such villainy?Certainly not me.

Btw anyone in your real life concerned that you seem capable of carrying unreasonable hatred towards other people around for years?

Alien5
10-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Are there any mate?

IntrepidVixen
10-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Well I'm happy - TV Chaos is exactly what I was looking for. And I guess I'd better use less exclamation marks in the future to avoid such trouble!!

megabyteme
10-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Well I'm happy - TV Chaos is exactly what I was looking for. And I guess I'd better use less exclamation marks in the future to avoid such trouble!!

All the passion is gone from Idols cold, limp body. He cannot even get an exclamation up these days. :no:

IdolEyes787
10-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Exclamation marks are overrated.I'm more into ellipses and ........

LemOnzoo
10-08-2013, 03:28 PM
BTN have lot of material. No ratio, you just have to seed individual episode 1 day/season 5 days.

norway
10-19-2013, 05:15 PM
BTN can i have link to that site???

antipod
10-20-2013, 01:55 AM
BTN can i have link to that site???

Yes, anybody can have link to that site, with an account or by invitation.

jeffjeff
10-20-2013, 08:19 AM
I miss thebox. Does btn have much british stuff? Does it do HD and non HD?

norway
10-20-2013, 08:56 AM
I miss thebox. Does btn have much british stuff? Does it do HD and non HD?

i miss uk nova same like the box

Alien5
10-21-2013, 05:04 AM
The old Uk nova was good until they re-fucked the site up.