PDA

View Full Version : Sick Beard - Post Processing RAR files

Arguti
10-12-2013, 12:48 AM
I was configuring sick beard to download my tv shows and i have a doubt, is it possible to post processing rar files with it?

I'm not using Sabnzb, so i have set a "TV download dir" and I'm using "Scan and Process" to move my files. All works well with unrared files. But it's useless for me to unrar the stuff because with my current configuration i'm able to play rar uncompressed files directly with mpc. I just want sick beard to recognize the folder or the rar files within the folder and move them untouched.

I hope i make myself clear :P

sxecash
10-15-2013, 05:15 PM
I don't believe that will work. I tried a few tests with sickbeard as well and didn't get anything to sort rar files.

I am curious as to why you think its useless to unrar the files. To me it's useless not to. The only possible benefit I can see is being able to seed a torrent or something. Video files are not generally compressed by rar so there would be no storage savings.

Arguti
10-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the answer ;)

It's useless to me because i can play the files with 2 clicks without having to slow down my computer and wait for rars to extract. Also, i don't archive files but sorting is not a problem to me because thanks to the release standardizing names, they pretty much organize themselves in folders.

Btw, the problem is not a big deal to me, my setup is unpacking all the stuff right now. I was just wondering if something could be done.

sxecash
10-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Gotcha, makes sense if you're not keeping anything. Just assumed you were if you were sorting the files.