PDA

View Full Version : Dog open Again!! Now!

user3240
10-13-2013, 04:00 PM
For those people pissing and moaning about being left out of the Dog....................

http://www.reddit.com/r/UsenetInvites/comments/1ocyax/o_dognzb_invites/

http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/1ocrv9/dognzb_rego_open_again/

http://dognzb.cr/register

10-13-2013, 06:19 PM

user3240
10-13-2013, 07:18 PM
From Reddit:

[–]noodleBANGER 0 points 2 hours ago

Oh right I forgot about that..
Meh, might still be worth a try if it works you get free extra 30 days, if it doesn't well, you don't.
Yes. My current sickbeard setup works fine and does this for $0, I doubt that adding this indexer will improve it.

I don't support any of these because many have shown to not be trustworthy by simply closing and I don't really have that much money to gamble with.

[–]Martychann 3 points 2 hours ago

> I don't support any of these because many have shown to not be >trustworthy by simply closing and I don't really have that much money > to gamble with.<

You don't understand. You must accept the Dog as your personal savior. Once you belong to the Dog, you can give extra donations to his Amazon account. It's like tithing to the church only better. Your whole life will change with a Dog membership. Your salary will double. Beautiful women will fall all over you. You must give untill it hurts! Most of all, you MUST believe in the Dog. He will lead you to the promised land.

[–]noodleBANGER 1 point 1 hour ago

No thank you. I appreciate the work our dear Dog is doing for us though. He shall not be forsaken.

Hilarious! Could not have said it better myself.

http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/1ocrv9/dognzb_rego_open_again/

Funkin'
10-13-2013, 10:28 PM
I keep missing it. Is this site really worth me constantly checking it?

justlooking
10-13-2013, 10:52 PM

This is the first time I'm checking it out, and it's a nicely customized Newznab site. If it has as many or more nzbs as the other sites, it's worth the $10 to many people. I can't tell yet how much content it indexes, but it looks promising.

Arguti
10-13-2013, 11:30 PM

It's still open at the time of this post.

Stabber
10-14-2013, 06:44 AM

It has some nice features that nzbs.org doesn't have . It is a good site to supplement nzbs.org

Broken
10-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Very disappointed with dog.
The interface is basic as it gets. NZB. su is several times better in every category. I'll pay for the account "just incase", but won't use it otherwise. Very overrated.

sandman_1
10-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Dognzb is ok but they are slow to post releases. I dont know what their refresh time is but by a nzb I want posts, I have probably already downloaded somewhere else.

justlooking
10-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Dognzb is ok but they are slow to post releases. I dont know what their refresh time is but by a nzb I want posts, I have probably already downloaded somewhere else.

I don't know. I just looked up a couple of SD movies that nzb.su had listed for 2 and 8 hours ago. dognzb had both at the same time, but also has the 720 versions posted, whereas nzb.su doesn't have them yet.

sandman_1
10-20-2013, 01:42 PM
2 and 8 hours is pretty old consisering I have probably already downloaded it, like a tv show, and watched it by the time it gets posted to dog.

justlooking
10-20-2013, 02:02 PM
2 and 8 hours is pretty old consisering I have probably already downloaded it, like a tv show, and watched it by the time it gets posted to dog.

What I was saying is that both movies were listed in SD at the same time on nzb.su and dog, but the HD versions were also on dog, but not on su. The HD is on nzbs.org, but not the SD version.

The HD still isn't on su

Haunter 2013 HDRip XviD-AQOS
Movies > SD 1.9d

vs

Haunter 2013 720p WEB-DL H264-PublicHD 12 grabs

movies hd
1d ago
3.60 GB

Haunter 2013 HDRip XviD-AQOS 14 grabs

movies sd
1d ago
799 MB

sandman_1
10-20-2013, 06:43 PM
I don't use nzb.su so the times are meaningless to me.

Arguti
10-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Wich one would you guys say it is the fastest? I would say usenet-crawler but i got nothing besides personal experience to back it up...

user3240
10-21-2013, 06:39 AM
Wich one would you guys say it is the fastest? I would say usenet-crawler but i got nothing besides personal experience to back it up...

Usenet-Crawler shut down for a month without bothering to tell people why and is not recommended. They used to be loaded with spam and did a lousy job of decoding the obfuscated headers. I have not checked them lately.

I have tried omgwtfnzb, Dog, Nzbgeek.info and Nzb.su side by side. omgwtfnzb is the fastest for new TV shows since they get a lot of stuff from an IRC bot. They were slower for other things and have the smallest overall selection . I guess they may be fastest if you just want new TV shows. Omgwtfnzb is not newznab. A good Newznab indexer will get you a much better selection.

Dog, nzb.su and nzbgeek.info are all Newznab. Since they don't update all at the same time, it's possible for one to have something a few minutes before the other. I'm not sure why there are rare cases of something that shows up hours later on one of them.

Doing an automated search with Sickbeard, whatever one you use as your primary will get 95% of the shows first and the rest will pick up the others. Using the Dog's push index will not get everything either. Dog, nzb.su and nzbgeek.info are all Newznab based indexers. All of them can filter out spam, passworded files and can decode obfuscated headers.

There is no functional difference between one GOOD newznab index and another. The Nzbgeek.info takes requests so they often have things in their index you won't find at other indexers. I prefer them over the other ones for that reason.

People who have been begging for invites are going to find out that there is NO "Holy Grail" of indexers. Buy whatever good one is open and get 1-2 backups. That and having a backup block account gets you pretty much everything available on Newznab Usenet indexers.

harutik_11
10-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Dog or Nzb.su?