PDA

View Full Version : Torguard VPN is broken, they ripped me off maybe ?

mlindsay
10-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi folks, I have been using Torguard VPN for almost a year now to protect my privacy. I have even paid until the end of 2014 because I like the service so much. However starting yesterday my client no longer updates, cannot connect to any servers, and their website and forum seems down as well. I sent them an email but they have not gotten back to me. What do you think might be happening ?

UPDATE : They didn't rip me off. They are experiencing a DDos attack. They will be up and running again shortly. :) I wonder who the prick was that did it ?

TorGuard
10-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Hi mlindsay, we would like to thank you for your support. I would also like to point out that our VPN, proxy, and encrypted email services were NOT affected during this brief outage. (Just torguard.net)
We've ungraded some things to prevent this from happening again and you will notice the site is loading faster than before.

May I suggest you try using our new Viscosity VPN software? http://torguard.net/blog/torguard-vpn-service-how-to-setup-viscosity/

> I wonder who the prick was that did it ?

This is a tactic currently being employed by our competition.

Alien5
10-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Take a look at their twitter

16/10. New software...go to website to download...

mlindsay
10-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Everything seems to be running fine now. I have even updated to the Viscosity software, which looks great, but I haven't had the chance to play around and see any advantages yet. Torguard seems to have bounced back very quickly after a ddos attack. Very impressed on how they handled it.