PDA

View Full Version : Member/Guest Ratio - Grow Some Balls & Join Up

DngrMs
10-26-2013, 10:08 PM
There are currently 182 users browsing this forum. (6 members & 176 guests)

Really?

Why not sign up?

Beck38
10-26-2013, 11:28 PM
It's generally a very bad idea (security wise) to stay 'logged in' to sites unless you need to actually do something (like post a response or start a thread), therefore I'll suspect that the vast majority 'lurking' are like me, I keep a 'tab' open to the site and will keep an eye on things, and if something tickles my fancy to respond or start a thread, THEN I'll log in.

About the only site I stay 'logged in' on (because it's necessary to use the site) is Netflix. Amazon would be the other, although their log-in system is a two step process, where to actually change anything (not just look at your wish list and such) you then need to 'fully' log in (like to add to that wish list or to order something).

So there's the 'excuse', Surely you aren't staying logged in for like, hours/days...?

mjmacky
10-26-2013, 11:52 PM
It's generally a very bad idea (security wise) to stay 'logged in' to sites unless you need to actually do something (like post a response or start a thread),

Good/bad doesn't matter, we're talking about balls, all kinds of balls. Squishy. Firm. Misshapen. Riddled with tumors. They need only be big.

IdolEyes787
10-27-2013, 12:25 AM
Shouldn't the thread title more properly be "Grow some balls/ovaries" to be non-sexist?

I'm only suggesting this to placate all the dumb bitches who may be reading this.:)

anon
10-27-2013, 02:15 AM
A chunk of those guests are actually exotic search engine spiders that are not flagged as such. Also, while vBulletin supports a limited form of cookieless authentication (by passing a session ID in the query string), people who browse the forum with cookies turned off might appear as multiple users.

Even then, don't forget the 1% rule.

IdolEyes787
10-27-2013, 01:19 PM
A chunk of those guests are actually exotic search engine spiders that are not flagged as such. Also, while vBulletin supports a limited form of cookieless authentication (by passing a session ID in the query string), people who browse the forum with cookies turned off might appear as multiple users.

A simple,"I am an unapologetic nerd" would have sufficed.

Vestibule
10-27-2013, 05:12 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_(Internet_culture)

Argh! I think I hate myself:unsure:

megabyteme
10-27-2013, 05:43 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_(Internet_culture)

Argh! I think I hate myself:unsure:

Don't feel too bad as,
Sturgeon's law, is an adage commonly cited as "ninety percent of everything is crap."

anon
10-28-2013, 01:02 AM
A simple,"I am an unapologetic nerd" would have sufficed.

Oh look, you're finally able to translate my posts into English. :happy: