PDA

View Full Version : reviving/reseeding a dead torrent.

nancyscalf64
10-26-2013, 11:44 PM
After finally, finding a file of a show that I am really wanting I downloaded it only to find that it stopped at apx. 48 percent and would go no further. I looked again and saw to my dismay that the files of all seasons of this series had no seeders and only 2-3 leechers.

So, I posted a message in the trackers forums requesting help in reseeding the files but what I'm wondering now is - is there anything I can do at my end to reseed or revive a dead or aging torrent?

mjmacky
10-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Wait, so many fail to realize that this simple practice solves many a dilemma.

anon
10-27-2013, 02:07 AM
After finally, finding a file of a show that I am really wanting I downloaded it only to find that it stopped at apx. 48 percent and would go no further. I looked again and saw to my dismay that the files of all seasons of this series had no seeders and only 2-3 leechers.

So, I posted a message in the trackers forums requesting help in reseeding the files but what I'm wondering now is - is there anything I can do at my end to reseed or revive a dead or aging torrent?

The way to revive a dead torrent is to have someone with a full copy get on the swarm. But that's obviously outside your control - by writing that forum post, you've pretty much already done as much as you can do in that regard.

If you investigate this matter a bit using your favorite search engine, you might articles that suggest adding tons of trackers to your torrent as a way to find seeders, perhaps with a huge list ready to copy and paste (many of which no longer operate). That will accomplish nothing, since the "main" announce URLs are what the absolutely vast majority of people will use. If DHT and PEX are not turned on for that torrent already, do that, they will extend your horizon when it comes to finding peers. Also make sure your ports are forwarded, so that if the seeder is firewalled, he can still connect to you and initiate a transfer.

But as macky rightly stated, the main thing you'll have to do is just wait. I believe that if you've managed to get halfway through, it means there's still interest on these files, and chances are someone will show up eventually. I remember I once wanted to leech a PlayStation ISO, and it got stuck at 90% for over a month before finishing :)

harutik_11
10-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Good luck finding a seed

richasis
11-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Good luck finding a seed

Let alone the hashmark.