PDA

View Full Version : Windows 3d bluray burner

ezE
11-01-2013, 04:00 AM
What external 3D bluray burner should I get?

Should I be worried about something like "newer burners have security so you cant burn some stuff that already has enclosed encryption or something"?

Should I be worried about something like.. you have to flash firmware/update to be able to burn 3D movies?
I have ISOs and MKVs. Thanks!

JP-NZB
11-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Hi,

This is a good read:

http://blog.dvdfab.com/cinavia-protection.html

JP-NZB
11-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Sorry i sort of misread the question. You should be fine with any blu ray burner above 2x for playing 3d blu ray and any burner can write blu ray in 3D.

The copy protection is on the originals so ripping the blu ray is the stage that involves removing the protection.

Not all protection can be removed. Most Sony movies have the copy protection mentioned above. It wont stop you burning the blu ray but it may be unplayable in some players.

As far as i know there are no burners that will stop you burning anything so once you get the decrypted blu ray onto your computer it can then be burnt.

AnyDVDHD is a tool that decrypts original blu rays.

As you already have the ISO there should be no encryption in the ISO that prevents it being burnt.

Converting MKV to blu ray is not so simple. You may need to convert the file to make it blu ray complient (e.g. add black lines so it is true 1080 resolution) and convert the audio.