PDA

View Full Version : what.cd queu, noone ever ther?

regal
11-20-2013, 08:42 AM
I have a lossless collection of all the official Grateful Dead releases. Had great luck with RuTracker until recently new releases weren't torrented. So I bought the special edition Blu-ray Sunshine Day. The process to start a torrent on rutracker is tedious beyond believe. I guess that's why folks aren't using it much any more.

Any way back to the topic I understand that what.cd is good for Grateful Dead collectors. I want to contribute so I followed the interview prep webpage. I have a good background in this stuff and not worried about the interview having torrenting shn/flac for over a decade. But I've never used Irc.

Downloaded mIRC, but I sit on the “/join #what.cd-invites” IRC network and I am the only one there. I type !queu, and wait for hours and get nothing.

Anyone have a clue what I could be doing wrong, or are they just not interviewing ?

anon
11-20-2013, 01:34 PM
If you're the only person there, you're joining the wrong place. Either you're not on the What.cd IRC server, or the channel is called differently now. Make sure you've got the address and channel name information correct.

PS: when I saw the title, I thought this might be a dupe account of norway. :idunno:

justlooking
11-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Maybe you're on the wrong network? irc.what-network.net
#what.cd-invites There's usually 40 or 50 people in there.

And rutracker has 2 blu-rays of Sunshine Daydream if they're the same thing you got.

regal
11-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Maybe you're on the wrong network? irc.what-network.net
#what.cd-invites There's usually 40 or 50 people in there.

And rutracker has 2 blu-rays of Sunshine Daydream if they're the same thing you got.

Found the channel thank you.

The Blu-ray on rutracker came from my iso, a few downloaded it prior to being closed.

thanks again.

stan
11-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Starting a torrent tedious ?

Thats a new one on me .:naughty:

regal
11-22-2013, 12:11 PM
man you guys are tough I'm into music, this was my first blu-ray rip which was a challenge, they required sceenshots and all sorts of stuff to upload. Plus the Russian English translator. I guess it was worth it in the end cause the format was converted and uploaded in their format. Good to know I gave back even if it didn't help my ratio. I guess I just need to research mkv, seems like to much room for an non exact copy if everything isn't set right. An Iso blu-ray copy there is no room for error But I'm the first to admit I collect music and just recently concerts have been released in blu-ray (nice Lossless audio.) Guessing it would have never seen the light of day had it not been for my 24 hr torrent.

justlooking
11-22-2013, 04:16 PM
man you guys are tough I'm into music, this was my first blu-ray rip which was a challenge, they required sceenshots and all sorts of stuff to upload. Plus the Russian English translator.

That site is really generous to foreigners. It's easy to translate and is ratio free, but they demand Russian be spoken. It was hilarious when you kept posting in English and said your translator was broken (whatever that means). Glad you contributed content and laughter.

regal
11-23-2013, 01:09 PM
yea 8 hours from rip to upload all lossless blu-ray, you have to laugh at yourself :P, I'm an engineer who doesn't deal with pc's or the web much I was taught on UNIX and C++ on Sun workstations 20 years ago. Its amazing what a web browser can do these days, so I came here to learn.