PDA

View Full Version : Corsair 50% off sale

Skiz
11-26-2013, 10:36 PM
The Corsair "Outlet Store" has everything 50% off.

http://www.corsair.com/us/outlet-store.html

Definitely some good deals to be had. Plus if you buy multiple items, there are more discounts.

10% off for 2 items
20% off for 3 items
0% off for 4+ items

I'm putting together a new build so I grabbed an H100i cooler and one of their top-o-the-line AX760 power supplies. I included an extra cable sleeves kit for a 3rd item (which is typically $80) to get the full 20% additional discount. That gave me the extra discount on the other two items total and made the cable kit only $20. :)

Retail cost on Newegg for those is $380.
Total cost for me $152. Sure, two of the items are refurbs, but I've never had a problem with refurb or Corsair products, so why not.

megabyteme
11-27-2013, 11:15 PM
I agree with you on Corsair. Good stuff, which have never caused me headache.

Skiz
11-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Case is on the way as well. Found it on sale yesterday.

Waiting for mobo to go on sale now. Watching sites very closely over the next few days.

Going to reuse current i5-2500K in the new build. I considered going i7-4770K but there's really no point. The 2500K is super quick and I haven't even gotten around to OC'ing it yet.

Probably going to grab a 760, tho haven't settled on a version yet. They seem to be the best bang for the buck right now I suppose.

RAM could be reused but going to watch prices on that as well.

Artemis
11-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Look at EVGA for your graphics card, both in terms of the build quality and the backup. You are right the 760 is the best bang for the buck right now. The ACX cooling on the EVGA cards is 'supposed' to be 20% more efficient than reference, and it is certainly an improvement on reference designs, also EVGA are offering right now three free games with the cards..... http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+700+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+760

megabyteme
11-29-2013, 12:19 PM
also EVGA are offering right now three free games with the cards...

Free games?...What kind of pirate are you, Art? :no:

Snee
11-29-2013, 10:38 PM
I'll add a second (or is it third) vote for a 760. I've been helping someone put something together, lately, and we settled for the same.

Which version and brand to pick is another matter. EVGA really is a very good brand, but an alternative might be gainward if this gen of phantom cooler is good. Then there's MSI and Asus, who among other things have versions with quite a bit shorter pcbs (although I dunno if the MSI one has hit the stores yet).

For RAM (and maybe ssds), I'd check newegg. Someone told me there's been a lot of worthwhile discounted stuff there, lately. Black friday deals, probably, but check anyway.

Skiz
11-30-2013, 01:21 AM
Snagged an SSD yesterday. Found the Samsung Pro 500GB for 279.99 on an early black friday deal. That's a damn good price for that drive.

760's... I've purchased EVGA cards twice in a row now and the 760 GTX will be my third if that's who I go with. I've seen some forum posts that say they're loud, but Newegg and TD reviews have nothing but good things to say; many even say it's very quiet. I don't play that many games so I don't foresee it being pushed too hard or getting overly revved up. I think you're spot on as well about the MSI cards too. I keep reading that their Twin Froza version is awesome. I'll pull the trigger on some form of the 760 GTX in the next few days.

Now I just need to find a deal on 32GB of ddr3 1866 RAM and my motherboard and I'll be ready to go. Again, gonna watch for deals through Cyber Monday.

My current build is no slouch so I should be able to recoup some cost there as well.

curtruss1
02-23-2014, 03:08 PM
thanks… i need more memory 12gigs is not enough.

Rart
02-23-2014, 05:05 PM
thanks… i need more memory 12gigs is not enough.

Pretty sure the sale isn't going on anymore... :unsure: