PDA

View Full Version : ScT REMBERANCE DAY!!

garbage
11-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Today (November 29, 2009) was the sad day when ScT decided to shut their doors:(

whatcdfan
11-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Shame!!!!!!!!

IdolEyes787
11-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Today (November 29, 2009) was the sad day when ScT decided to shut their doors:(

For in more realistic terms,when some people decided to abscond with the money.

Btw not that you are disturbingly weird or anything but when I was a child I had a pet dog that I loved dearly and yet I didn't mourn his passing for more than a month.:mellow:

dion09529
11-29-2013, 06:13 PM
This means you have no soul for poor pet dog.

megabyteme
11-29-2013, 06:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCFUGCOLLU

Arguti
11-29-2013, 06:38 PM

For in more realistic terms,when some people decided to abscond with the money.

Btw not that you are disturbingly weird or anything but when I was a child I had a pet dog that I loved dearly and yet I didn't mourn his passing for more than a month.:mellow:

That's because you never had one of these http://www.dogzer.net/

IdolEyes787
11-29-2013, 07:19 PM

No it means I never had a dog and was merely using that as an example to illustrate how mourning ScT for such a long period is more than slightly idiotic.
Surprised you didn't pick up on that,you being an expert on idiocy and all.

Btw I did have a pet squirrel named Little Mr Precious Cuteysqueak but sadly I had to kill had him because when I slept he was always trying to eat my nuts.

teflon05
11-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Btw I did have a pet squirrel named Little Mr Precious Cuteysqueak but sadly I had to kill had him because when I slept he was always trying to eat my nuts.

Was he a member of SCT? :ermm:

dion09529
11-29-2013, 09:16 PM

No it means I never had a dog and was merely using that as an example to illustrate how mourning ScT for such a long period is more than slightly idiotic.
Surprised you didn't pick up on that,you being an expert on idiocy and all.

I've known roadkill with more charisma, you little piece of rectal discharge!

Funkin'
11-30-2013, 12:32 AM
I'll just come out and say it. Fuck SCT and all the douchebags that ran it...

Just sayin'

IdolEyes787
11-30-2013, 01:11 AM
I've known roadkill with more charisma, you little piece of rectal discharge!

Strangely I seem to have no problem with believing that you hang out with roadkill.:unsure:

Was he a member of SCT? :ermm:

That would be ridiculous as he was just barely past adolescence, possessed only a tiny little brain and his world basically totally revolved around getting stuff for myself.

mjmacky
11-30-2013, 03:16 PM
I had to kill had him because when I slept he was always trying to eat my nuts.

If you had a dog that did that, you'd mourn him for longer than a month. You settled on a bear then?

garbage
12-01-2013, 12:14 AM
IdolEyes787 do you have a job or a social life? It seems all you do is bash peoples threads all day. Get a social life. You're pathetic and your desperate cries for attention are not helping you one bit.

IdolEyes787
12-01-2013, 01:29 AM
And yet I am not the one creating threads lamenting some long dead internet site.:mellow:

As for the alleged "bashing",again I am not the one creating threads saying how much SCC "sucks" or how "IPT staff are selling invites".
If you maybe possessed a sense of humour or any awareness at all you'd realize that I'm mostly joking about basically everything.Except of course in special cases like yours and beck38 when I'm simply shining a spotlight on the truth. :)
And apparently whoever said "the truth hurts" was right.

Also it's not "all day",it's like 20 minutes,half hour tops.

You might have had some type of education....possibly.:unsure:Do the math and figure out exactly how long it takes to write the few sentences of witless banter I post everyday.:ermm:

megabyteme
12-01-2013, 01:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrwjiO1MCVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaysTVcounI

LostinT
12-01-2013, 02:33 AM
IdolEyes787 do you have a job or a social life? It seems all you do is bash peoples threads all day. Get a social life. You're pathetic and your desperate cries for attention are not helping you one bit.

I think you should quit the interweeebs.

A
12-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Idoleyes keep changing colors. Green, Blue, Purple. What next? Pink?

Alien5
12-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Homophobe

justlooking
12-01-2013, 12:43 PM
I never had the pleasure of belonging to the legendary ScT, but I know it was 1 second faster than SCC, 2 seconds faster than TSH, and 4 seconds faster than IPT, but because I download primetime stuff, go to sleep, then watch it 4 hours later, I don't know how getting it a second sooner really impacts me. :)

Alien5
12-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Sweden

teflon05
12-01-2013, 01:54 PM
I never had the pleasure of belonging to the legendary ScT, but I know it was 1 second faster than SCC, 2 seconds faster than TSH, and 4 seconds faster than IPT, but because I download primetime stuff, go to sleep, then watch it 4 hours later, I don't know how getting it a second sooner really impacts me. :)

I never could wrap my head around why anyone would care about a few seconds difference on release times. I guess it must be a adolescent thing.

The one thing that stuck out about ScT for me, is that you could donate for invites...Or in other words, you could buy invites. Which I found pretty amusing in that if you were found selling ScT invites or giving them away on an invite forum, you were banned. Typical hypocrisy.

IdolEyes787
12-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Idoleyes keep changing colors. Green, Blue, Purple. What next? Pink?

Crip, and then I shall be gangsta for life.

megabyteme
12-01-2013, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLCZhQX_Fm0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbweqz1BDQE

robogo25
12-04-2013, 10:59 AM
ScT in the past, the future TsH :rolleyes:

justlooking
12-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Was it really THAT great, or did it's reputation surpass the reality? Seems like a routine scene site, not as content rich as many scene/p2p sites that encourage uploads by everyone.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/29m16yu.jpg

Night0wl
12-09-2013, 08:58 AM
It was a routine scene site, but with one big difference, which you will most likely never see today. The majority of members actually used the site, which meant that it wasn't really a problem to seed, since seedbox space was lower and that meant the uploaders left the swarms pretty fast and regular members with slow lines stayed on to seed as long as needed. Which in turn meant that you could easily survive as a heavy user with a slow pipe. Also it pretty much always worked and loaded fast, thus stayed pretty active and interesting.

I don't believe there is any way to achieve this now with the acceptance of the majority of Bt-users that non-scene is almost always better quality.

mjmacky
12-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Leave it to GoldenHourPin-stripedTitBabbler to take this "remembrance" seriously.

Night0wl
12-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Well shoot me for being a bit nostalgic. I miss the old days before OiNK, SCT and FTWR shut down.

mjmacky
12-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Well shoot me for being a bit nostalgic. I miss the old days before OiNK, SCT and FTWR shut down.

Would it be OK if I use an arrow? I'm not so fond of explosion-based armaments. Actually, I can't be bothered with honoring a rendezvous at the moment. Would you mind setting up something with Meg who I'm sure can simultaneously act in my stead and satisfy your request?

IdolEyes787
12-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Hey is this a "My spastic internet teenager is better than your spastic internet teenager" thread because I really get into something like that in a big way.

Here's Herman Mezleshits.

In the realm of online teen spastics he's basically a god.

bumrocks
12-11-2013, 04:49 AM
The only site I miss is FTWR as it has not been replaceable (for me personally at least). ScT was easily replaceable and was never my first choice anyways. Really it is a matter of taste and ones "needs" (I hate using that word here)...I am so out of the loop I have never even heard of TSH or whatever it is I keep seeing. Personally, not trying to be too much of an ass but a "rememberance" of this site is kinda gay imo. I wonder if the OP was even a member or lived under a rock and didn't know how they sheisted and profited off of stolen products to begin with. Not to mention the final push for money before they closed. Fuck them.

Most of these points have been made probably...But my lazy eye could not be bothered to look back ;)

th0r
12-12-2013, 09:11 AM
damn, has it really been that long? i've been out of the game for years and years

still miss you, fee fee; miss all the guys and gals that made sct happen

brento
12-14-2013, 02:58 AM

i'm still getting therapy for my ptsd

gomez125
12-14-2013, 12:24 PM
I still miss it. :-(

rachem
12-14-2013, 09:05 PM
I still miss it. :-(
Same here,.. same here.

soulreaper
12-24-2013, 08:08 PM
It was a routine scene site, but with one big difference, which you will most likely never see today. The majority of members actually used the site, which meant that it wasn't really a problem to seed, since seedbox space was lower and that meant the uploaders left the swarms pretty fast and regular members with slow lines stayed on to seed as long as needed. Which in turn meant that you could easily survive as a heavy user with a slow pipe. Also it pretty much always worked and loaded fast, thus stayed pretty active and interesting.

I don't believe there is any way to achieve this now with the acceptance of the majority of Bt-users that non-scene is almost always better quality.

Really? That goes completely against what I've heard about ScT in that it was impossible for non-seedbox users to survive coz practically everyone had a box. Infact, Feeling did a giveaway and one of his requirements was seedbox users only.

Specially miss the e-drama of chasing rare sites and the scorn that came with it. Also miss the trading vs anti-trading fights. Good times.

th0r
12-31-2013, 02:56 AM
Specially miss the e-drama of chasing rare sites and the scorn that came with it. Also miss the trading vs anti-trading fights. Good times.
hell yeah those were fun times!

i made a few friends and a ton of enemies, but who gives a shit b/c none of them post here anymore

Night0wl
12-31-2013, 03:23 AM
Really? That goes completely against what I've heard about ScT in that it was impossible for non-seedbox users to survive coz practically everyone had a box. Infact, Feeling did a giveaway and one of his requirements was seedbox users only.

Sure wasn't impossible. I was extreme user on there when it went down without ever donating for upload, hardly ever grabbing stuff I didn't want and all with 512kbps upload speed. I have however always seeded for long times and pretty much had the laptop on 24/7.

Never had trouble at any site being a non-seedbox user, although now I must admit I have started to prefer sites with at least some kind of bonus system or free leech. Simply to many autodownloaders now with lots of space grabbing everything and seeding it longer... which is great on sites with nice systems in place.

Funkin'
01-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Really? That goes completely against what I've heard about ScT in that it was impossible for non-seedbox users to survive

Yeah, it's true. At least for me it was. But then again I've always only had a 60kb/s up.

I struggled for a couple weeks. Then a friend let me use his box for a bit to rape packs and new files. But shortly after that time that i realized how completely stupid it was to use a box just to survive/buffer at a site that offers basically nothing different than others in its class(that and the fact that i thought the owner, most of the staff/and alot of the members were douchebags). So i just stopped logging in and moved on.

Funkin'
01-01-2014, 02:12 PM

Alien5
01-08-2014, 05:37 AM
unless you were in staff or whatever it didn't have that smallish feel of ftn, revolt or whatever. I joined Sct I think after it was open a day or two, and I was member nine hundred and something.

Felixer
01-08-2014, 06:01 PM
I paid some 40 euro to get invites to invite my brothers and then after 2 months or so, it shut down with reason that it might be get busted, but most other trackers by that time survive well today

Alien5
01-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Exactly

SgtMajor
01-10-2014, 12:20 PM
I paid some 40 euro to get invites to invite my brothers and then after 2 months or so, it shut down with reason that it might be get busted, but most other trackers by that time survive well today

Lol, you helped to pay for the diamond ring then! :-P

Just don't tell Brandon.