PDA

View Full Version : The end of the franchise?

Artemis
12-01-2013, 05:29 AM
With the announcement by his publicist that Paul Walker has died is it also the end of the Fast & Furious franchise? Fast & Furious 7 is in production at the moment and part way through filming so will need a major rewrite to account for the death of one of the lead characters.

Also call me tactless, but am I the only one that finds it ironic that Paul Walker died in a fiery car crash, when he made a career out of acting in the franchise as a 'premiere wheelman'.

Skiz
12-01-2013, 08:16 AM
I've only seen the first Fast and Furious. It was OK. He played some other small roles in movies I liked though; Varsity Blues and Pleasantville. On top of young, handsome, and successful, he always seemed like a nice guy too. :(

dion09529
12-01-2013, 12:43 PM
RIP Paul Walker!

This is the car after the accident..

IdolEyes787
12-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Re:The end of the franchise?

You're a Hollywood executive with two ex-wives,a bad cocaine habit,a 12 million dollar house in Malibu and up until now,The Fast and the Furious has been your only real success.

Next stupid question.

Anyway after reading Paul Walker's mini-bio contained in the news reports of his death,he did seem to be a genuinely nice guy,so R.I.P.

dion09529
12-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Vin Diesel will ride 4 him.

Artemis
12-01-2013, 10:01 PM

Anyway after reading Paul Walker's mini-bio contained in the news reports of his death,he did seem to be a genuinely nice guy,so R.I.P.

I asked if it was tactless finding it ironic that he died in a rather spectacular car accident when his career was primarily about avoiding such accidents, not his relative merits as a human being. That being said, his was another life taken prematurely, and by all accounts he was a genuinely good person, but it does not change the irony of the situation.

As to the question is the end of the franchise, from a purely storyline point of view rather than cash flow, the franchise is going to struggle for a direction now. One of the major points of the series was the play off between Vin Diesel and Paul Walker's characters as they saved each other from more and more diabolical traps to reach the goal in each movie. With Paul Walker's death there is no more byplay between the characters, and a major part of the formula that made these movies work is gone.

The point of the thread is to open a debate about where the Fast & Furious franchise could go from here.

megabyteme
12-01-2013, 10:33 PM
RIP Paul Walker!

This is the car after the accident..

Um, I'm actually getting this news here, but I'd have to say, "Too fast, Paul." :mellow:

EDIT- As with all of the other early Hollywood death, certainly we are about to hear what a GREAT ACTOR we lost. :sick:

IdolEyes787
12-02-2013, 12:18 AM

I asked if it was tactless finding it ironic that he died in a rather spectacular car accident when his career was primarily about avoiding such accidents, not his relative merits as a human being. That being said, his was another life taken prematurely, and by all accounts he was a genuinely good person, but it does not change the irony of the situation.

As to the question is the end of the franchise, from a purely storyline point of view rather than cash flow, the franchise is going to struggle for a direction now. One of the major points of the series was the play off between Vin Diesel and Paul Walker's characters as they saved each other from more and more diabolical traps to reach the goal in each movie. With Paul Walker's death there is no more byplay between the characters, and a major part of the formula that made these movies work is gone.

The point of the thread is to open a debate about where the Fast & Furious franchise could go from here.

OK my apologies and I feel bad and everything.So bad in fact that I went to all the time and trouble of contacting the two groups most responsible for the continued success of the franchise to get the facts straight.

First the 13 year old boys said "Paul who? Vin who? Oh you mean those two old guys who aren't The Rock".
"Lol,I only like the movies cuz of the cool cars and the hawt women and becuz you don't have to pay attention all the time while watching and can talk and go get popcorn and stuff,rofl".

Then I spoke to a rep for Universal Studios who told me that while Mr. Walker was a huge part of the FatF family,since the last movie brought in $750 million dollars about the only thing that could stop them from making another was if the World was to be suddenly completely submerged in water and even then they would test to see in the audience would accept them racing boats.

Artemis
12-02-2013, 12:44 AM
You know, the world being completely submerged in water could make a great movie script...... it could even be called 'Waterworld', you know because the world is covered in water.....

Stehle
12-02-2013, 02:27 AM
I might be totally wrong here, as I just heard this today, but it was said he was just a passenger in the vehicle, not the driver.

(Either way.. R.I.P ) :alien:

megabyteme
12-02-2013, 06:21 AM
I might be totally wrong here, as I just heard this today, but it was said he was just a passenger in the vehicle, not the driver.

The passenger side was moving at the same rate of speed as the driver side. :yup:

Skiz
12-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Final photo.

IdolEyes787
12-02-2013, 12:44 PM
You know, the world being completely submerged in water could make a great movie script...... it could even be called 'Waterworld', you know because the world is covered in water.....

Ah Waterworld.What really good can be said of Waterworld except maybe that it isn't Baseketball.

Anyway imagine the meeting where they pitched the movie.

"You want to do want?"

"It's called Waterworld so everything would take place on this endless ocean".

"You mean that vast emptiness where people lost on it have been known to go mad from the sheer monotony?"

"Yeah,but ours will have Kevin Costner"

Final photo.

Red Porsche Carrera GT.Accident caused by excessive speed waiting to happen.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/02/paul-walker-roger-rodas-deadly-accident-porsche-malfunction-fluid-leak/

Nice too how in that video no one seems to be running to help.

Stehle
12-02-2013, 08:23 PM

The passenger side was moving at the same rate of speed as the driver side. :yup:

Correct!... perhaps stating the obvious here, but the point being that he was not responsible (hopefully) for the horrendous outcome. :(

(Still like those new "bones".) :yup:

('nuff said.) :alien:

dion09529
12-03-2013, 01:37 PM
"If one day speed kills me, do not cry. Because I was smiling..!"- Paul Walker 1973-2013

megabyteme
12-03-2013, 05:20 PM
"If one day speed kills me, do not cry. Because I was smiling..!"- Paul Walker 1973-2013

Find me one site one the entire interwebs that has that quote before his death. :dry:

dion09529
12-03-2013, 08:15 PM
This quote has never been released on the interwebs before his death.

Artemis
12-03-2013, 08:32 PM

No, I can't see it, as they were sliding sideways out of control towards the tree I don't think they were smiling.....

Skiz
12-03-2013, 09:06 PM
This quote has never been released on the interwebs before his death.

:slap:

megabyteme
12-03-2013, 09:11 PM

No, I can't see it, as they were sliding sideways out of control towards the tree I don't think they were smiling.....

However, shit streaks were found 3/4 up both front seats...

mjmacky
12-04-2013, 07:21 AM
I think it'd be difficult for him to quote that after his death.

IdolEyes787
12-04-2013, 01:35 PM
I think it'd be difficult for him to quote that after his death.

After death quote

"Let me tell you,trees may look pretty innocuous but they're really nothing but cold-blooded killers waiting to pounce on you the second your back is turned.
Fucking trees".

megabyteme
12-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Sonny Bono agrees with that, too. :yup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4hXdsVUnp4

Artemis
12-05-2013, 03:17 AM

You're not a car guy are you meg?

megabyteme
12-05-2013, 06:09 AM

You're not a car guy are you meg?

Good point. I realize there is no back seat in the thing. Well, at least there wasn't. :idunno:

piercerseth
12-05-2013, 01:55 PM

Find me one site one the entire interwebs that has that quote before his death. :dry:

9 out of 10 internet etymologists attribute that gem to Jayne Mansfield FYI.

Artemis
12-06-2013, 03:07 AM

9 out of 10 internet etymologists attribute that gem to Jayne Mansfield FYI.

Yeah well the same rule applies, I don't think she was smiling either just before her Buick Electra slammed into the back of the tractor trailer unit.

In fact it was such a gruesome and high profile accident that that law was changed to require a steel bar under the bed of a flatbed trailer to prevent exactly this kind of accident happening again..... it is known as a 'mansfield bar'

http://i.imgur.com/kWZu4on.jpg

All I can say is ick....

There is an urban legend that she was decapitated in the accident (well you can see why that rumour started) but she did die from massive trauma to the skull and brain.

piercerseth
12-06-2013, 03:50 AM
Well, Mariska Hargitay survived. That's a silver lining if ever there was one.

All I can say is ick....

There is an urban legend that she was decapitated in the accident (well you can see why that rumour started) but she did die from massive trauma to the skull and brain.

Yeah, best not to GIS "cranial avulsion"

justlooking
12-06-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm guessing there are many tracks in S California that can be rented for a while, to push your car as fast as it'll go. No need to speed on public roads.

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/page.php?id=13

http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/About-Us/Track-Rental.aspx

Sergey
12-06-2013, 06:29 PM
I think they will release the movie in memory of Paul. Maybe they will replace him with the computer graphics.

megabyteme
12-06-2013, 07:28 PM
I think they will release the movie in memory of Paul.

We can only hope... :dry:

teflon05
12-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I wonder if I'm the only one who's never seen any of these movies...:huh:

megabyteme
12-06-2013, 10:14 PM
I wonder if I'm the only one who's never seen any of these movies...:huh:

I have to wonder if, as Paul saw his life flash before his eyes, if he found a plot among any of his filums... :idunno:

Artemis
12-07-2013, 01:24 AM
I have to wonder if, as Paul saw his life flash before his eyes, if he found a plot among any of his filums... :idunno:

I quite liked the plot of The Lazarus Project and Into the Blue was a lighthearted but fun action movie (and it had Jessica Alba in an unfeasibly small bikini :yup:) a no brainer but different enough to be entertaining.

mjmacky
12-07-2013, 02:07 AM
and Into the Blue was a lighthearted but fun action movie (and it had Jessica Alba in an unfeasibly small bikini :yup:) a no brainer but different enough to be entertaining.

I don't see any real value in Jessica Alba until she's doped up in a sound proof room.

teflon05
12-07-2013, 02:30 AM
and Into the Blue was a lighthearted but fun action movie (and it had Jessica Alba in an unfeasibly small bikini :yup:) a no brainer but different enough to be entertaining.

I don't see any real value in Jessica Alba until she's doped up in a sound proof room.

Naked. You left out naked.

mjmacky
12-07-2013, 02:33 AM

That would really ruin the innocence of our tickle fight.

teflon05
12-07-2013, 02:38 AM

OK. A pair of Wonder Woman Underoos and a pair of bunny slippers then. But SHE remains naked.

Artemis
12-07-2013, 02:57 AM
Tickling her isn't high on my list.... :naughty:

mjmacky
12-07-2013, 07:54 AM

OK. A pair of Wonder Woman Underoos and a pair of bunny slippers then. But SHE remains naked.

You have managed to come up with the sexiest scenario to date.

mjmacky
12-07-2013, 07:55 AM

Between that and masturbation in a dank room with a one-sided mirror, which would you choose?

Artemis
12-07-2013, 09:33 AM

Between that and masturbation in a dank room with a one-sided mirror, which would you choose?

A one-sided mirror? :blink:

megabyteme
12-07-2013, 12:35 PM

I think that's what Zod and crew were trapped in on that one Superman filum. :idunno:

IdolEyes787
12-07-2013, 01:33 PM
I think they will release the movie in memory of Paul.

We can only hope... :dry:

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_fokd5730/

Give us money in memory of Paul Walker or you'll be a bad person.

Also some pencil-thin chick name Gal Gadot (http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/2003/12/2003_1386260566.jpg)from the Fand F has been announced as the new Wonder Woman.

Because,I suppose,titless and Wonder Woman go together like Batman and Ben Affleck.:mellow:

Artemis
12-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Also some pencil-thin chick name Gal Gadot (http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/2003/12/2003_1386260566.jpg)from the Fand F has been announced as the new Wonder Woman.

Because,I suppose,titless and Wonder Woman go together like Batman and Ben Affleck.:mellow:

Well at least being more aerodynamic, she should in theory reach a higher speed, or maybe it is more for stealth? A smaller radar signature since we are all about small radar signatures these days :yup:

piercerseth
12-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Well at least being more aerodynamic, she should in theory reach a higher speed, or maybe it is more for stealth? Wait, didn't Lynda Carter zip around in an invisible jet?
As long as the costume incorporates the bloomers or boyshorts or whatever, and not the goofy pants from the tv pilot, we're solid.

mjmacky
12-08-2013, 07:21 AM

Sorry, I meant one-dimensional mirror.

Artemis
12-08-2013, 09:08 AM

Your travel agency sounds appalling, remind me never to book a mystery tour or surprise weekend with you. :blink:

Well at least being more aerodynamic, she should in theory reach a higher speed, or maybe it is more for stealth? Wait, didn't Lynda Carter zip around in an invisible jet?
As long as the costume incorporates the bloomers or boyshorts or whatever, and not the goofy pants from the tv pilot, we're solid.

Fuck! that was a perfectly good argument till you brought up the invisible jet, you're showing your age though.... :naughty:

IdolEyes787
12-08-2013, 01:05 PM

In the comics I know at one point that Wonder Woman had an invisible plane,a magic lariat and bullet deflecting bracelets.

I'm also reasonable sure she's a switch hitter or maybe full on dyke as Steve Trevor always seemed a little light in the loafers to me.

mjmacky
12-08-2013, 04:40 PM

Your travel agency sounds appalling, remind me never to book a mystery tour or surprise weekend with you. :blink:

For you, Art, I'd book the four-dimensional mirror. That way we can experience our shared time together an infinite number of times and never worry about aging. I bet you're excited.

Artemis
12-09-2013, 12:02 AM

For you, Art, I'd book the four-dimensional mirror. That way we can experience our shared time together an infinite number of times and never worry about aging. I bet you're excited.

:fear:

Stehle
12-09-2013, 12:35 AM

:fear:

Been there, done that... and yes it is very exciting! :whoosh:

piercerseth
12-09-2013, 09:54 AM
:OThat doesn't happen if I don't observe it. Unless it does. Seriously though, which one of you is the bottom quark?

MysticRiffs
12-09-2013, 04:45 PM
:OThat doesn't happen if I don't observe it. Unless it does. Seriously though, which one of you is the bottom quark?

mjmacky sounds like the gluon in that relationship. :cool:

mjmacky
12-09-2013, 07:38 PM

I think that more appropriately fits to the model of my boner.

Stehle
12-10-2013, 02:58 PM

yes i see... but what color is it? :alien:

mjmacky
12-10-2013, 03:33 PM

yes i see... but what color is it? :alien:

Finally, there is a renewed interest in the photographic depictions of Mt junk. One moment while a whip something out.

Edit: there's a SwiftKey error in there and I was going to fix it... fuck it, it stays.

piercerseth
12-10-2013, 06:35 PM

Length contraction.

megabyteme
12-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Winter is no time for measurement. :no:

Mt Junk FTW! :lol:

mjmacky
12-10-2013, 08:52 PM

Length contraction.

I already committed ironic self-deprecation by placing it at the quantum level. Any other efforts will be for naught.

mjmacky
12-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Winter is no time for measurement. :no:

Mt Junk FTW! :lol:

I'm going to have to redo so many introductions.

piercerseth
12-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Length contraction.

I already committed ironic self-deprecation by placing it at the quantum level. Any other efforts will be for naught.

Relativity is classical mechanics, no? Just covering all my bases. Now about this Mt. Junk, I feel late to the party and afraid to ask...

mjmacky
12-13-2013, 05:31 PM

Relativity is classical mechanics, no? Just covering all my bases. Now about this Mt. Junk, I feel late to the party and afraid to ask...

My parties always start way too early, relatively speaking.

IdolEyes787
12-14-2013, 03:26 AM
I will only ask this once but I will ask it nicely.
Please in the future restrict such witty word play type posts to the Hardware Section as we both know that bothering skiz is more soul satisfying than bothering me.

mjmacky
12-14-2013, 07:43 AM
I will only ask this once but I will ask it nicely.
Please in the future restrict such witty word play type posts to the Hardware Section as we both know that bothering skiz is more soul satisfying than bothering me.

I think skiz has taken up an electropornic retreat from being ired by the likes of me.

Busyman
12-23-2013, 10:36 PM
There are so many stars in the F&F franchise that it doesn't really need Paul Walker anymore.

IdolEyes787
12-23-2013, 10:50 PM
By "stars" I assume you mean C and D listers who had the good fortune to be cast in a lucrative franchise.
Unless you are talking about the cars then,yeah.

Seriously,like even Dim Veisel can't open a movie so to suggest Ludracris or Tyrese or Jordana Brewster are "stars" is stretching it even for that show Dancing with the Stars.