PDA

View Full Version : Music trackers and Vuze

Tokeman
12-01-2013, 08:05 PM
So after a long time I've jumped off the uTorrent bandwagon.
I don't really want to get into it too much but suffice to say after years of use I've made the switch to Vuze..

Apparently the only tracker (so far..) of mine that doesn't like Vuze is What.cd.

Are there still other good alternatives to What.cd?
If so, do they allow Vuze?

Edit: Forgot to mention, I like the audio books section on What too..

Thanks in advance :)

Night0wl
12-02-2013, 05:46 AM
Waffles allows Vuze. The only trackers I know that ban Vuze are What, PTP, BTN and Delish.

All those 4 trackers allow qBittorrent, so I run them side by side, both started up in low priority mode, as both program are a bit resource hungry at times.

i.e. for qBittorrent it would be a shortcut named: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "" /low "C:\Program Files (x86)\qBittorrent\qBittorrent.exe"

justlooking
12-02-2013, 01:37 PM
It's strange to me that you'd choose a client over a tracker. What.cd can't be that important to you. And no surprise that those 4 all do the same thing, since they're "sister" sites.

armitage
12-04-2013, 10:30 AM
It's strange to me that you'd choose a client over a tracker. What.cd can't be that important to you. And no surprise that those 4 all do the same thing, since they're "sister" sites.

It's not strange... it's quite simple to me. Each tracker has its rules and those rules may take effect in some different ways, such as the user behavior or the software to use. If you want to use a tracker then you must follow the tracker's rules in any level, even when that means a software limitation.

I think that What.CD is the better music tracker. I don't have a What.CD accound, but if I did, I can tell you for sure that I would use the client that they tell me to use.

PD: I'm sorry if something of what i said wasn't clear, I'm spanish and my english sucks.

justlooking
12-05-2013, 01:38 AM
My mistake. I thought you were on what.cd and were willing to give it up for Vuze. What.CD is #1, Waffles and Rutracker are #2. Give the Russian site a try with a translator. I think there are something like 500,000 music torrents there, no ratio, and less rules than What, and they have thousands of members that are members of What and Waffles and can fill requests.

armitage
12-05-2013, 08:54 AM
I'll take a look on the Russian site, thank you so much for your suggestion.

pakito
01-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Try musicore.net. And open.cd. (maybe)