PDA

View Full Version : Cancer

Aaron_T
11-22-2003, 07:22 PM
my dad tonight found a black spot on his tongue it is quite small and he is convinced it is cancer could anyone reccomend a good help website or have you had this problem before

PLEASE HELP

TheDave
11-22-2003, 07:26 PM
dont wanna worry you, but he should get it checked.

my dad had something on his tongue (probably from smoking 30 a day)

it was pretty scary. he had the lump cut off his tongue and had hallitosiss for about a month after. but believe me it could have been worse.

J'Pol
11-22-2003, 07:27 PM
Get him to a Doctor as soon as possible.

A website is a bad idea, it will only put things in his / your head which will probably be innacurate.

Do not put your family through that sort of panic for nothing.

A Doctor, as soon as possible.

Lilmiss
11-22-2003, 07:36 PM
J'pol is right there.
It may be something completly harmless.
Get proper medical advice before you start fearing the worst.

thoughts n wishes. ;)

UKMan
11-22-2003, 07:43 PM
I agree with my peers - get your dad to a doctor - you only have one dad and should look after him as much as possible ;)

fugley
11-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Big ditto! :blink:

Wizzandabe
11-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by fugley@22 November 2003 - 20:05
Big ditto! :blink:
Bigger ditto.
Get it checked, you will never know other wise, you dont want something to hit you sudden.

internet.news
11-22-2003, 10:35 PM
it is difficult - and sad...

I would go to good doctor you can trust and share your thoughts openly if
you know anyone ;)

But you both should go and let the doctor see if it is not too late...

on tongue- I never heard that it is on tongue ... I only heard from
skin cancer (Hautkrebs) which also is not funny...

~nice dreams...

JONNO_CELEBS
11-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Doctor, plain and simple, maybe nothing, maybe something, don't judge until he's consulted a doctor

Hope all is well

Jonno

internet.news
11-23-2003, 12:04 AM
yes, let us hope it is nothing serious ;)

I've never heard that it could happen on your tongue...

JONNO_CELEBS
11-23-2003, 12:15 AM
Cancer can happen anywhere, I never thought you could have sinal (the bit in your nose, not sure of spelling) cancer, but a very good friend of mine passed away from it 2 years ago, some cancers if caught early can be beaten fairly easily, some not, if left too long they take hold and they will stay, Cancer does'nt always mean death tho, I used to work with a guy who was in his 60's at the time and he was told he would not live past summer 1987...............he's still here and still running around, works harder than I do, so it's not always as bad as it seems

Having said that I would never make light of a subject like this having seen several different types and fx and what they can do, it's an evil thing, one of the most evil things on the planet.............no doubt about that!

Jonno

Aaron_T
11-23-2003, 12:27 AM
thanks for the support guys just to let you know he went drinking (BAD IDEA) and when he came back the thing seemed to have dissaperared so thank god it doesnt seem serious thanx again this forum is like my home i can do anything here.

bigboab
11-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Azzz@23 November 2003 - 00:27
thanks for the support guys just to let you know he went drinking (BAD IDEA) and when he came back the thing seemed to have dissaperared so thank god it doesnt seem serious thanx again this forum is like my home i can do anything here.
I hope you are correct Azzz. But nevertheless I think it should be checked out.

JONNO_CELEBS
11-23-2003, 01:09 AM
I agree with BB, it's worth an hour of his time to make certain :)

Jonno B)