PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations

Prior
12-08-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm looking for a torrent site that contains high quality episode packs of early Simpson episodes (for whatever reason TBP features some really low quality content). Also I'm interested in a tracker that specializes in reality shows (specifically anything related to law enforcement). Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks.

jeffjeff
12-21-2013, 09:42 PM
hdtorrents has Some simpsons on it. All HD

IdolEyes787
12-21-2013, 10:45 PM
hdtorrents has Some simpsons on it. All HD

Probably why it's called HDtorrents but I could be wrong and it might actually be some sort of evil bait and switch con perpetrated by Nigerians or possibly Gypsies . I've heard there's a lot of that sort of thing on the internet.

megabyteme
12-21-2013, 10:59 PM
^I'm still waiting on the large funds transfer. When I receive the money, I'm going to purchase jeffjeff a very large HD monitor because he's helpful and you are a cynical, meanie. After All, if I've learned anything about the holidays, it is to remind the poor bad that they are undeserving of material goods.

IdolEyes787
12-21-2013, 11:19 PM
...and you are a cynical, meanie. After All, if I've learned anything about the holidays, it is to remind the poor bad that they are undeserving of material goods.

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2013/12/lucky-redditor-lands-bill-gates-as-secret-santa.html

Bil Gates is a cock and clearly doesn't get the whole "secret Santa " thing as he actually gave the present to some Africans not Rachel.
As he is already in competition with a few other super rich douches to see who can pretend to be the most philanthropic*,it was also extremely vain and hopefully Jesus gets back at him by giving him malaria or AIDS or some other African disease.

*70 billion dollars minus one billion equals still able to own a solid gold island so big fucking whoop.
On the other hand Joe Public on fixed income and no health insurance gives ten dollars to charity equals guess I won't eat on the 23rd this month and hope I don't need any cough syrup.

megabyteme
12-21-2013, 11:57 PM
On the other hand Joe Public on fixed income and no health insurance gives ten dollars to charity equals guess I won't eat on the 23rd this month and hope I don't need any cough syrup.

I recently found out that I was unable to purchase the NOW REQUIRED health insurance off the "exchange" because I was able to purchase insurance (which we could not afford- duh!) through my wife's work. Come January, I will be insured, but our already tight budget will now be even $300 (actually $430 pre-tax minus various health related expenses we've already been paying like prescriptions, etc.) tighter. The "good" news is that I will have relatively respectable coverage (compared to most) and my wife's insurance will go back to its previous level (her company reduced everyone to a Health Savings Account *crappy* in order to save money).

If the above sounds unnecessarily confusing, welcome to the world of "fixed" health care USA-style... :frusty: All said and done, our whole family now has insurance, but we cannot necessarily afford to pay the co-payments and deductibles. AND, if we get something done that the insurance company rejects---we are SCREWED!!! :fear:

Hey buddy, can you spare some cough syrup?...

mjmacky
12-22-2013, 10:02 AM
I got me some Obamacare, holla!

megabyteme
12-22-2013, 03:00 PM

You got poor and unmarried just in time. Lucky bastard. :angry:

mjmacky
12-23-2013, 05:30 AM

You say lucky, but all of my life changes have resulted in a 2013 gross income of under $10k. I'm not sure of the cost of living in your parts, but I'm struggling like fuck down here.

Last year, I sabotaged any continued employment with the university to make sure I didn't have any commitments while I worked on my dissertation. That was something did before I decided to vacate the condo and start anew. Leaving has been a continuing situation of financial distress and trying to compensate for that has lead to some complications in me finishing my doctorate.

Lucky me though, I'm only going to have to pay $60/mo. in medical insurance premiums and I am stuck in this shitty city for another year. I sure hope I don't get sick again. If I do, I'd like something quick like ebola or decapitation.

megabyteme
12-23-2013, 06:55 AM
The cost of insurance has left us so squeaky tight we have no room for the inevitable surprise. Not sure what we will do when that happens as paying of the premiums is coming straight off the top of my wife's check (just how they like it, right), so it is no longer an optional expense. Coincidentally this "extra" is exactly half of our monthly food budget. Perhaps that is where we can "compromise"...

Having insurance was supposed to be a good thing, but when the premiums jump up next year (of course they will as the unwashed masses will begin actually going to doctors- bastards!) we will be in the inevitable spot of falling off the financial cliff. No, we haven't had the year you've been through, but it won't take much for us to get a taste of it. :fear:

mjmacky
12-23-2013, 10:19 AM
The cost of insurance has left us so squeaky tight we have no room for the inevitable surprise. Not sure what we will do when that happens as paying of the premiums is coming straight off the top of my wife's check (just how they like it, right), so it is no longer an optional expense. Coincidentally this "extra" is exactly half of our monthly food budget. Perhaps that is where we can "compromise"...

Having insurance was supposed to be a good thing, but when the premiums jump up next year (of course they will as the unwashed masses will begin actually going to doctors- bastards!) we will be in the inevitable spot of falling off the financial cliff. No, we haven't had the year you've been through, but it won't take much for us to get a taste of it. :fear:

The fear part is becoming like me, isn't it?

IdolEyes787
12-23-2013, 12:43 PM
You say lucky, but all of my life changes have resulted in a 2013 gross income of under $10k. I crunched the numbers and as close as my fake accounting degree can figure it,after rent, that leaves you with -$3478 for food,electricity,transportation and other such nonessentials.

megabyteme
12-23-2013, 01:36 PM
You say lucky, but all of my life changes have resulted in a 2013 gross income of under $10k. I crunched the numbers and as close as my fake accounting degree can figure it,after rent, that leaves you with -$3478 for food,electricity,transportation and other such nonessentials.

Your math is correct, which is indicated by the government deeming his "fair" monthly premiums to be $60.

The fear part is becoming like me, isn't it?

Like real people have lives that suck that much... :console:

Prior
12-23-2013, 02:43 PM

My mother is a self employed artist and will be saving over 300 dollars per month via Obamacare. God forbid someone who works hard as their own boss not have to pay an arm and a leg for health care. PS: I'd still love an answer or two for my question :(

megabyteme
12-23-2013, 03:41 PM
My mother is a self employed artist and will be saving over 300 dollars per month via Obamacare. God forbid someone who works hard as their own boss not have to pay an arm and a leg for health care. PS: I'd still love an answer or two for my question :(

I'm actually supportive of Obama's desire. However, implementation has been sabotaged by the inclusion of those already responsible for much of the past greed and corruption of our current system in finding a solution.

We are a single-income, family of 4 who were deemed "excluded" from the Exchange because I was "eligible" to purchase health insurance through my wife's work. The rates haven't changed from the price we could not afford over the past 5 years I've suffered through life-limiting back pain. Does not seem like much of a solution, IMO.

On topic: IPT has several packs of the Simpsons on permanent freeleech. Maybe someone can help you out, I find your request-to-anything-else ratio a bit too high, but you don't seem have a bad history otherwise. Do you have a general tracker besides TPB?

Prior
12-23-2013, 04:02 PM

I'm actually supportive of Obama's desire. However, implementation has been sabotaged by the inclusion of those already responsible for much of the past greed and corruption of our current system in finding a solution.

We are a single-income, family of 4 who were deemed "excluded" from the Exchange because I was "eligible" to purchase health insurance through my wife's work. The rates haven't changed from the price we could not afford over the past 5 years I've suffered through life-limiting back pain. Does not seem like much of a solution, IMO.

On topic: IPT has several packs of the Simpsons on permanent freeleech. Maybe someone can help you out, I find your request-to-anything-else ratio a bit too high, but you don't seem have a bad history otherwise. Do you have a general tracker besides TPB?

Obamacare isn't meant to be the be-all-end-all for insurance woes. But for self employed individuals this program is incredibly valuable. Saving 300+ dollars per month, while being able to continue seeing your current doctors, is a life changing moment. Unfortunately its a lot easier for the media to point out website crashes than the effect this bill will have on the self employed. Also I receive insurance through my work, but because I make only 22 grand a year, I believe I may be eligible. That would be because the amount I pay for insurance is such a high percentage of my income.

Also could I please get an IPT invite. I was a demonoid user for a long time but now that they are back it doesn't seem as though their complete collection of torrents has returned. Here's a ratio proof I snapped a few weeks back:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2rf7faf.jpg

megabyteme
12-24-2013, 02:00 AM
That's just the thing- as you have any insurance eligible (even crappy or unaffordable), it is unlikely you will legally be able to get insurance subsidy or purchase off the exchange. My wife's income, nor our number of children affected anything for us. Apparently, one needs to be destitute and unemployed, or otherwise ineligible to get insurance through a spouse's employer- most offer some non-enticing "opportunity", which f's things up for Obamacare.

As for your ratio proof, it is merely unenticing at 70%:

and I already mentioned I do not support those who come around only when they want something.

mjmacky
12-24-2013, 09:02 PM

You're on the right track, but in reality, my additional debt surpasses $15k over this past year. I had to furnish the entire place with pretty much all cheap but new stuff. Monthly given expenses are in the range of $1400-1500, and food, gas, tobacco, etc. all get added onto that. I am now making over the essentials budget (rent, insurance, trash collection fees), which is good, but there will be so much atoning to do.

megabyteme
12-24-2013, 11:22 PM
I am now making over the essentials budget (rent, insurance, trash collection fees), which is good, but there will be so much atoning to do.

I'm sure you already have, but make sure you negotiate all of those med bills before beating yourself to death to pay off your other bills. If you show you are able to work a 70 hour week to pay, you will be expected to do so. Period. It is a mistake sooo many people make when they are trying to go to school. There is FAR more help available to those who aren't trying.

mjmacky
01-02-2014, 07:22 AM
I'm sure you already have, but make sure you negotiate all of those med bills

I had been in the process of doing that at one point, but then some of them wanted me to fax them stuff, so I decided not to pay anyone.