PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Pass the Pop Corn - PTP

7th
12-13-2013, 05:14 AM
On April of this year I moved from Brazil to Canada (Montréal) and I decided to keep just a few tracker accounts (3 to be exact), while my brother, in Brazil, decided to keep one of them for games (he's my brother and he knows how to keep the account in good shape).

Now, months later, I'm really starting to miss my PTP account. I recently went to their IRC but my account seems to be gone for good, so I'd like to know if anyone here would be willing to spare me an invite.

btw, it's been a long that I don't visit this forum... I bet not much has changed :shifty:

megabyteme
12-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Welcome back 7th. :happy: I'd invite you in a heartbeat, but unfortunately I'm not a member there anymore. Hopefully someone can help you out here.

What have you bee up to?

BTW, for those interested, 7th trusted me with an invite to GFXnews (a tracker he depends on for his livelihood as a graphics designer). He DOES give back to the community here. And, yes, I've taken great care with that account.

7th
12-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Gosh! Looks like you've been really active around here ah?! :P

Thanks for the message! Very kind!

Well, for now I'm really trying to get used to the new life in Canada, specially with the cold weather we have here. Now it's -16 Celsius and it's not even Winter yet lol It's crazy...
And now I'm working with front-end web development, so I'm almost not working with design anymore. And I'm not sure if we can say that I still "do" give back to the community here as I used to (as I've been off for quite a long time now). To be really sincere, I'm not even planning on getting back to the community... I'm not too much into trackers and torrents anymore. I don't even have much time to it anymore! Think I'm getting old... :ermm:

But I still enjoy movies though :cool:

megabyteme
12-14-2013, 12:45 AM
A good guy is a good guy- even if they are now Canadian. :P

And certainly you've paid forward a bit. Really sorry I cannot help you directly.

IdolEyes787
12-14-2013, 03:14 AM
A good guy is a good guy- even if they are now Canadian. :P

And certainly you've paid forward a bit. Really sorry I cannot help you directly.

Quebec isn't really part of Canada.If you don't believe me,ask them.
Also you can't really like movies if you still enjoy them.*

*Please don't tell me that this statement makes no sense,as I'm well aware of that fact.

Btw you basically lost me the second megabyteme threw his support behind you,mostly because he's a fag and also queer.

I also don't have a PTP account but it's still mostly the megabyteme,fag thing.

zor
12-14-2013, 08:21 AM
OT, but what is the plural of monsanto?
is it monsantos, monsantoes, monsanti?

justlooking
12-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Also you can't really like movies if you still enjoy them.*

*Please don't tell me that this statement makes no sense,as I'm well aware of that fact.

Btw you basically lost me the second megabyteme threw his support behind you,mostly because he's a fag and also queer.

I also don't have a PTP account but it's still mostly the megabyteme,fag thing.

I knew it was too good to be true. No one could be popular with everyone here. Love is anathema to filesharingtalk. And the statement does make sense. Some people think that you're not living if you're happy, that the essence of life is being miserable. With movies, if you enjoy them, you must be a childlike moron, but if you're critical and always bitching about them, then you're a true movie aficionado. And there are benefits to the cold weather here. No one has premature ejaculation, because everyone is frozen stiff.

7th
12-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Yep, nothing has really changed around here :)

Btw, I'm in "Montréal" (note the accent), west island. This is probably the most out of Canada you can get in Québec. But I have to say that I like this place, Québec, as part of Canada or not. I like the french language and event l'accent quebecois. I'm no Canadian nor Quebecois. Will never be... I'm still the same Brazilian who's now enjoying the great opportunity that has been given me to live in this place.

And I like the fact that I'm enjoying it all :whistling

justlooking
12-14-2013, 03:16 PM
I think you might've made a mistake. PTP only allows 1 account per lifetime. If you told them you once had an account, and now they know your present IP/location, no more accounts for you. If someone invites you, they could be banned, if they realize your brother has an account of yours, they can tell the tracker and he could be banned. Private trackers keep a database, so you, your family, and anyone who's friendly to you could be banned from all trackers, and maybe even the internet! ;)

7th
12-14-2013, 03:42 PM
My account at PTP doesn't exist anymore. I tried at their IRC channel. My brother is using another tracker for games, that I don't use anymore, and the ones I use, he don't even need. I really don't believe they bother checking all these things on a per user base anyways. I'm being as transparent as I can here. If I don't get an invite, that's ok. What I really wanted was to get my account back with all my history, favorite movies and all... I really wished they still had my account on their db.