PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the NZB for the complete file?

Whippit58
12-27-2013, 05:12 AM
Hello,

I've searched various NZB search engines for the file "That.Touch.of.Mink.1962.COMPLETE.BLURAY-LCHD" but all I see is 1mb-50mbs results when the file should be around 20GB.

Thank you and Happy Holidays! :)

MysticRiffs
01-06-2014, 10:32 AM
I see what you mean. :( I can't find hide nor hare of it, either. I do know that a great many German ups tend to have secondary English audios, so maybe Ein Hauch von Nerz 1962 might be worth a look on those big 25Gig type sites? That's an utter, utter guess, though, and google did the tranny, not me.

IdolEyes787
01-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Hide nor hair. "We could find neither hide nor hair of him" .
Your way makes no sense unless maybe the person in question is a magician or a poacher.

Note: In the special case of the Lindbergh baby "hide nor heir " is considered acceptable.:)

mjmacky
01-06-2014, 02:13 PM
I would have gone with hare since OP started with mink.

Stehle
01-06-2014, 10:40 PM
I would have gone with hare since OP started with mink.

True, but with hide (mink pelt) or hide (hidden), I suppose you would have to go with politically correct second option.

(Thank both for your astute observations clarifying this veritable vermin conundrum.) :alien:

Beck38
01-09-2014, 03:50 PM
I've searched various NZB search engines for the file "That.Touch.of.Mink.1962.COMPLETE.BLURAY-LCHD" but all I see is 1mb-50mbs results when the file should be around 20GB.

In case you haven't already figured this out (and others as well) that these are malware distributions by someone/some folks out there that apparently are taking encrypted postings (you know, the ones with gibberish filenames and usually rar encrypted, links to which are posted on pay-walled sites) and then plugging in the malware for folks to 'get'.

Whether or not it's being done by the folks running the pay-walled sites, by others in 'league' with them, or just someone out there who is on one of these sites and likes to screw with folks (and you know who the usual suspects are) who knows. What's interesting is that the malware doesn't point folks to the actual pay-walled sited but is a standard hijack routine to get more money.

A simple track down of these types of files (and indeed this one) shows that it originated in Europe. Of course, whether or not the actual folks posting them ARE in Europe is a question, but as they originate out of a Europe-only usenet server-plant, it's a good guess.

justlooking
01-10-2014, 11:52 AM
What about this other one? That.Touch.of.Mink.1962.720p.BluRay.X264-Japhson

SgtMajor
01-10-2014, 01:18 PM

or this if interested: That.Touch.of.Mink.1962.1080p.BluRay.X264-Japhson

Beck38
01-10-2014, 02:51 PM

Since it's around 5GB, probably just fine (i.e., not a malware). But, as the 'original-source' is listed as a BD25, one has to figure it's been squeezed pretty heavily (say 20GB to 5GB, that's 1/4th the original sizing). Now the question is, why didn't they (whoever) post the full BD25 either instead of or as a adjunct to the squished version, give folks a choice.

I guess if one is a real fan of this particular movie, or doesn't care that the 'HD' quality is somewhere below the SD/DVD, then I guess it fills a niche.

piercerseth
01-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Since it's around 5GB, probably just fine (i.e., not a malware). But, as the 'original-source' is listed as a BD25, one has to figure it's been squeezed pretty heavily (say 20GB to 5GB, that's 1/4th the original sizing). Now the question is, why didn't they (whoever) post the full BD25 either instead of or as a adjunct to the squished version, give folks a choice.

Japhson is a scene group, so they're bound by the x264 ruleset in terms of how they can encode (I believe bitrate ceiling is 8000Kbit for 720). Their 1080 release looks to clock in at around 7 GB. Poster was more than likely just relaying the file. If you think that's squished, take a look again at what YIFY puts out.

Beck38
01-10-2014, 07:03 PM
'Scene' to me is 'Stupid'. Like I said, I guess it fills some sort of niche audience out there.

8000kb/s IS SD/DVD,even if stretched to 720. I guess, again, that's okay if you're that niche audience.

When bitrates start getting below 20,000kb/s, I get worried. Of course, there are movies that are, from the studios, below that, but not that many, or are VC-1 encoded (most studios have abandoned it for Mpeg4-AVC, just like they've given up mostly on Dolby TrueHD sound for DTS-HD/MA).

When I first started out on the hidef stuff (a fair amount I still have stored in my array), it showed it's lack of resolution, even on my old 30" display. Now that my main is 4 times that (in area), it looks pretty sad. Really was a waste of time d/l'ing any of it.