PDA

View Full Version : incomplete block how to get them ?

Airbander
01-01-2014, 05:25 AM
Hello

I know it is hard to get them " incomplete block " but i am wondering if someone here has advise or ways to find and complete the PAR Blocks
I have account with newsgroupdirect.com and tweaknews.eu and for some reason for past 2 or 3 days i am seeing incomplete and unable to repair

Example of one file is: The.Lone.Ranger.2013.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CyTSuNee and second is Kick-Ass.2.2013.1080p.BluRay.DTS.DL.x264-HDC

even when i double check comments and everything show complete in usenet 100 %

can someone advise

Thanks

Beck38
01-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Did you run NZBcc on those nzb's? And what client are you using to d/l these, and I'll assume since you have multiple accounts you have that client set up to do 'fills' (probably newsgroupdirect as primary and tweaknews as a fills, but I'm just guessing).

I always take a look at nzb's before starting to transfer, to see just how many/percentage of par2's it has. And, are you using the POSTED nzb (hopefully the uploader provided it) rather than something generated by an indexing site (which leads me back to the 'did you check the nzb beforehand to see if it had the par2's to begin with).

There are lots of uploaders that post the par2's differently than the actual main body, then there are indexers who (of course) don't 'merge' the two uploads right (how can they?).

In short, you need to follow some basics. Usenet isn't 'point and click' (Okay, a lot of the time it is, but when it isn't, it can bite you in the rear). And then again, the original uploader can screw the pooch and the par2's don't 'work' with the main body (didn't adequately test it before uploading).

nntpjunkie
01-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Usenet isn't 'point and click' (Okay, a lot of the time it is, but when it isn't, it can bite you in the rear).

Just the idea that Usenet could ever be reduced to point and click just makes me want to put my head in a car door and slam it shut repeatedly....

lennybruce8
01-19-2014, 04:35 PM
nothing wrong with point and click.

nervoso
01-20-2014, 07:34 AM
I like the point and click idea. 1337 can be okay, point and click as well.