PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with all the down torrent sites?!

evening_star
01-04-2014, 09:07 AM
It's like a torrent apocalypse or something. Does anyone know why so many sites are down?

I only keep a handful of memberships open anymore, but I use them often. I was trying to download a tv show tonight, only to find BTN being DDOSd so the tracker's down. I try BitMeTV, but even though older torrents from that tracker are seeding fine in my client, I can't get the webpage to load. BitMeTV just times out. Try FTN, my browser's telling me the site's suddenly not to be trusted, it has an expired certificate, and won't load the page. What.cd is down, tracker is offline and the site won't load.

I have NEVER in 8 years of private downloading, EVER had all my sites down at once. It's just bizarre. I've been busy the past few days and offline most of time, did I miss some huge news, or is this new year freakishness? :unsure:

A
01-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Where have you been? Didn't you read the news? All those sites are merging into one.

IdolEyes787
01-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Where have you been? Didn't you read the news? All those sites are merging into one.

Yeah like most of those teenage wanks would be willing to give up any power.:mellow:

mjmacky
01-05-2014, 12:51 AM

Yeah like most of those teenage wanks would be willing to give up any power.:mellow:

Remind me, what kind of power do they possess?

IdolEyes787
01-05-2014, 01:38 AM
Clearly you don't know me very well if you think talking sense will have any appreciable effect on me.

Anyway it's like The Wizard of Oz where the mere illusion of power can sometimes be a power in itself.

Either that or X-ray vision.

Hey at least I'm not Rart.:)

A
01-05-2014, 04:10 AM

Remind me, what kind of power do they possess?
How dare you question a teenage wank? Banned.

sheriff 01
01-05-2014, 04:45 AM
@ op -- i have been distraught over the same dilemna as well. Lets all cross are fingers and toes and hope for the best :yup:

ExtraDry
01-05-2014, 06:52 AM
ddos kiddies having play I here, know ome site getting hammered new year gift maybe

danteism
01-05-2014, 09:32 AM
WTF… BitMeTV is now redirecting to The Pirate Bay????

dorukhan
01-05-2014, 10:11 AM
WTF… BitMeTV is now redirecting to The Pirate Bay????

DDoS

soulreaper
01-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Yea wtf everything's down, FTN,BTN,What,bitme..Sheesh the site owners should have a permanent solution to the retarded ddosing.

mjmacky
01-06-2014, 05:39 AM
Clearly you don't know me very well if you think talking sense will have any appreciable effect on me.

Anyway it's like The Wizard of Oz where the mere illusion of power can sometimes be a power in itself.

Either that or X-ray vision.

Hey at least I'm not Rart.:)

So, you're saying teenage wanks can perceive a wider range of the electromagnetic spectrum and materialize internal organs. They'd have the power to enslave us if they were smart.

danteism
01-06-2014, 09:52 PM
So yeah, like others have said… both BitMe trackers (and countless others) are down due to ongoing DDoS attacks confirmed by staff on the BTV IRC channel. Unless it's funded by the MPAA/RIAA I don't understand why these f@&%rs don't spend their time taking down actual worthy targets.

Yea wtf everything's down, FTN,BTN,What,bitme..Sheesh the site owners should have a permanent solution to the retarded ddosing.

Seriously? Blame the volunteer run tracker staff for not being able to defend against malicious hacking. wtf

Spend a decade learning about black hat internet security and devise something no one else has come up with and then donate it to your favorite trackers... you too can be the hero of teh p2p intertubes.

killercam101
01-07-2014, 01:35 AM
It's like a torrent apocalypse or something. :unsure:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/BangEmSmurf/vincecelebrates.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/BangEmSmurf/media/vincecelebrates.gif.html)

stoi
01-07-2014, 08:55 AM
The Hosts have had to take the entire node/network down, but they are trying to get to the bottom of it, but no ETA atm, we just have to sit and wait :(

antrax34130
01-07-2014, 11:13 AM
What is the host/datacenter stoi?

Bitme
BitmeTV
BTN
WHAT
PTP
FTN
E
TV-VAULT
BCG
theGFT
tvtorrents
x264.me
iTs
bollywoodtorrents.me
All down

stoi
01-07-2014, 12:36 PM
used to be xervecom now hardwire networks (same company, different name) in Canada.

not sure how many of those are with them though.

We have all been hit with a DDos before, but nothing this extensive, must be one pissed off person/group/organisation thats behind it.

Defy
01-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Hoping for a resolution soon, myself. All my preciousess are down and it sucks!

dion09529
01-07-2014, 09:10 PM
this is an opportunity to get out of the house after you've been brainwashed.

Nitti
01-07-2014, 09:29 PM
makes you wonder if this is a new tactic for the mpaa or whomever, if they cant get the legislation they want to take everyone down or censor the internet ...do it this way

IdolEyes787
01-07-2014, 09:45 PM
makes you wonder if this is a new tactic for the mpaa or whomever, if they cant get the legislation they want to take everyone down or censor the internet ...do it this way

No it makes me wonder if this is what is required to get all you exish members to actually post.

As for the other I think not because surprisingly someone looking to influence the legal authorities are basically bound to act,you know,legally.

Yeah shocks the hell out of me too.

danteism
01-07-2014, 11:29 PM
As for the other I think not because surprisingly someone looking to influence the legal authorities are basically bound to act,you know,legally.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Clearly you haven't been following the ways some of these organizations already HAVE broken the law in their efforts to date. Even the mainstream media has covered the often shady, unethical, and in some cases outright illegal tactics they've resorted to at times.

Alien5
01-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Some Torrent sites are always up and down because they can't pay the bills, or the filth raid em.

killercam101
01-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Some Torrent sites are always up and down because they can't pay the bills, or the filth raid em.

Thanks for the insight. When I throw a ball in the air sometimes it comes down and lands in my hand other times it doesn't.

anon
01-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the insight. When I throw a ball in the air sometimes it comes down and lands in my hand other times it doesn't.

Have you ever gotten up out of bed and missed the floor by any chance?

megabyteme
01-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Have you ever gotten up out of bed and missed the floor by any chance?

Coincidentally, last night I took some Ambien, jarred awake and took some kind of sudden lunge off the bed. Found the floor on the first try. :yup:

dion09529
01-08-2014, 09:12 PM
:lol: What have you drank?

Intr4ns1t
01-10-2014, 04:58 PM
So which sites are still down, and are they all big sites? I see that ptp, what, and ftn, but those are the only sites I'm a user of in the list. I'm just curious.

evening_star
01-10-2014, 09:46 PM
So which sites are still down, and are they all big sites? I see that ptp, what, and ftn, but those are the only sites I'm a user of in the list. I'm just curious.

BTN is back up, with understanding that things are slow. BitMeTV and What were back up briefly, but are currently down again. I still get nothing when trying to connect with FTN.

Alien5
01-11-2014, 09:57 AM
l

The end is neigh

Artemis
01-11-2014, 11:12 AM
l

The end is neigh

Does your horse need some attention? :blink:

IdolEyes787
01-11-2014, 01:07 PM
l

The end is neigh

Wrong end.

soulreaper
01-11-2014, 03:08 PM

I loled.

Bazookum
01-16-2014, 05:42 AM
In 10 years of torrenting, I haven't seen an attack quite this bad. As I understand it though, mostly its just something new that people haven't had time to develop adequate countermeasures for. But that's just second hand knowledge, I couldn't go into any specifics. But it would seem that its not just been bit torrent trackers either, perhaps there wasn't much of a motive aside from it could be done, or testing the attack out or something...