PDA

View Full Version : Seeking old VHS film "A Savage Hunger"

sadsack
01-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Hi chaps....

As the title suggests, Ive been searching for a very old VHS title which "as far as I know" has never made it over to DVD/Blue-ray, I've more or less given up with Torrent searching so I thought I would post a request here, only to see if any one has seen a VHS rip, to xvid/divx avi x264, to be honest anything would do right now.... lol

The movie goes under two names.... not too sure why, but it's either "A Savage Hunger" or also known as " The Oasis". although I don't think 1984 is exactly that old in movie terms.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087825/

If any one can throw any light on this, it would be much appreciated....
cheers all
sadsack.

IdolEyes787
01-20-2014, 11:53 PM
It's on this BT tracker called Cinemageddon.

And no,I won't upload it someplace else for you but I will seed it so that it doesn't go "dead' if you can find someone else to grab it.

Haven't seen it but I'm hoping Chris Makepeace dies.

Horribly.

sadsack
01-21-2014, 12:00 AM
It's on this BT tracker called Cinemageddon.

And no,I won't upload it someplace else for you but I will seed it so that it doesn't go "dead' if you can find someone else to grab it.

Haven't seen it but I'm hoping Chris Makepeace dies.

Horribly.

Oh what a touch...... so much appreciated IdolEyes..
I'll get vuze up and running, and see if I can locate it..... cheers mate. (I don't really know much about Chris Makepeace, A lot of people seem to rate him, but he's only been in a couple of film's afaik)

------ Edit -------
Bummer..... no more open sign ups...

teflon05
01-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Do you know how to use FTP? I could probably DL it to my server & give you a temp FTP acct. to download it. I also have an invite to CG, but If all you want is this one movie I don't relly see the sense in you joining, just for that.

sadsack
01-21-2014, 12:20 AM
FTP is no problem, teflon05......

teflon05
01-21-2014, 12:23 AM
ok. Check back in a few & I'll let you know when it's ready. Shouldn't take too long, looks like there's at least 3 seeds.

bradlee
01-21-2014, 12:23 AM
Wish I had a VHS copy to help you out!

teflon05
01-21-2014, 12:33 AM
OK, it's about done sadsack. It's a 1.04 GB .avi.
I'll PM you the server address, username & password in a few minutes.

sadsack
01-21-2014, 12:34 AM
I've only ever seen it once, and it just stuck on me..... Watched it around my "father in law to be" house, on a top of the range "LOL" Akai deck..... to be honest it was the B**locks for it's time.

OK, it's about done sadsack. It's a 1.04 GB .avi.
I'll PM you the server address, username & password in a few minutes.

Cheers teflon05....

teflon05
01-21-2014, 12:43 AM
PM sent. Let me know if you have any problems

IdolEyes787
01-21-2014, 12:57 AM
(I don't really know much about Chris Makepeace, A lot of people seem to rate him, but he's only been in a couple of film's afaik)

Makepeace was a Canadian child actor who starred in a couple pretty famous movies,:Meatballs- a summer camp movie notable that it was a vehicle for a young Bill Murray worth a view if you like him -also Meatballs became a bit of a franchise( of rapidly decreasing quality ,the first one being by far the best) and My Bodyguard which is notable for as far as I know being the first film appearance of Adam Baldwin,who you would probably know as Jayne Cobb from Firefly/Serenity or John Casey on Chuck.

teflon05
01-21-2014, 01:00 AM
I know Adam Baldwin from several movies, but I've never seen Firefly...Heard it's pretty damn good though. I Might just DL the first season & start on that tonight. Hell, I might even watch this one, even though it doesn't really look like my cup of tea.

IdolEyes787
01-21-2014, 01:03 AM
Also Cinemageddon is well worth belonging to if you like oldish 60's -80's or b-movies in general.
It's got a reputation of being the home of schlock but there's a lot more to it than that.
There are Hidden Gems,Adventure and Martial Arts sections and you can find a lot of stuff there that you can't find any place else as people there appreciate movies and actually root out stuff.

Some of the members do scare me though.

teflon05
01-21-2014, 01:04 AM
I resemble that remark :shifty:

Yeah, I would highly recommend CG. Lot's of unusual & hard-to-find things there. Karagarga is another one that's good for non-mainstream things, & also lots of documentary's.

IdolEyes787
01-21-2014, 01:05 AM
I know Adam Baldwin from several movies, but I've never seen Firefly...Heard it's pretty damn good though. I Might just DL the first season & start on that tonight. Hell, I might even watch this one, even though it doesn't really look like my cup of tea.

Baldwin's been in a ton of stuff,another one is Angel.He's one of those actors that people immediately reconize even though they probably couldn't tell you his name to save their life.

I resemble that remark :shifty:
Well you should,bro,well you should.

Also thanks for doing the nice thing for the wank.

teflon05
01-21-2014, 01:15 AM
No problem :rolleyes:

Every time I see Adam Balwin, I think of My Bodyguard, even though I think most people identify him with Animal mother & Full Metal Jacket

He was also in Independence Day, although it wasn't much more than a bit part. He's never been a lead man in any movie that I'm aware of though. Not sure about his TV appearances...

sadsack
01-21-2014, 01:25 AM
This is a weird one teflon05.., I don't usually have any problems at all, spped was very good, took just over 7 mins to download, but after each download I get this error,:

'C:\_2_burn\uk weather\The Oasis (1984).avi' - The transfer of this file was unsuccessful and resulted in a corrupted file. It is recommended to restart this transfer.

within the program it says this..

227 Entering Passive Mode (x,x9,x2,x1,x3,x3). (I put in the x's)
RETR The Oasis (1984).avi
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for The Oasis (1984).avi (1121560576 bytes)
226 Transfer complete
XSHA1 "The Oasis (1984).avi"
250 699066B27CCD85F873B3C6AC4F85B7970B979C61
'C:\_2_burn\uk weather\The Oasis (1984).avi' - The transfer of this file was unsuccessful and resulted in a corrupted file. It is recommended to restart this transfer.

Let me have a quick look at the file, as there is a chance there's nothing wrong with it....

Media Info seems fine:

General
Complete name : C:\_2_burn\uk weather\The Oasis (1984).avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 1.04 GiB
Duration : 1h 32mn
Overall bit rate : 1 619 Kbps
Writing library : Boilsoft Joiner build 2411/release

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Simple@L3
Format settings, BVOP : No
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Bit rate : 1 479 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 3:2
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.143
Stream size : 977 MiB (91%)
Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Mode : Joint stereo
Mode extension : MS Stereo
Codec ID : 55
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Video delay : 16ms
Stream size : 84.6 MiB (8%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 33 ms (1.00 video frame)
Interleave, preload duration : 500 ms

Both downloads were identical and play fine, must have been just a glitch with fireftp.....
Thanks very much teflon05.... --- I have closed the ftp down now.

cheers,
sadsack.

teflon05
01-21-2014, 02:07 AM
Yeah, I just dl'ed it with SmartFTP & didn't have a problem.
Glad it worked out for you & you're welcome. :happy: