View Full Version : Good newsgroup for oldskool music?

dave0922
01-25-2014, 01:29 AM
Hi, can anyone recommend a good newsgroup for oldskool house, dance, techno, hardcore or jungle music?

ernestus
01-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Here's a link to some old break beat mixes from dj santana to help you on your quest. Best regards.

https://www.binsearch.info/index.php?q=dj+santana+wrs+flac&m=&max=250&adv_g=alt.binaries.sounds.flac&adv_age=999&adv_sort=date&minsize=&maxsize=&font=&postdate=

karcher1974
02-01-2014, 02:17 PM
thanks for that Sodalis

SgtMajor
02-01-2014, 02:42 PM
What you need to do is find a way into a place that posts & indexes the genre you are looking for, too many takedowns by some aggressive agencies (yet others want to share their music with anyone who wants to listen), means it is not all in plain sight.

It may be worth you looking into trance or mainstream music (with those genres listed as categories) torrent sites as mentioned in other parts of this forum?

You have to start somewhere, and getting to know others with the same interest may open the doors to finding more of what you seek.

GL

Beck38
02-01-2014, 04:28 PM
You're 'assuming' that posting folks take more than a millisecond to think about which group they 'need' to post such material; I see tons of 'older' 50's/60's posted willy nilly all over the place, not saying that a lot is still in groups such as a.b.sounds.60s's and the like, just saying that there' nothing that says it can't be posted just about anywhere.

And that's not even taking into account what quality you may be looking for,; things aren't quite as over-run with very low bitrate/low sample rate mp3's (although that may be I'm not 'looking' for such, I haven't d/l'ed anything less than FLAC in ages). But like I said, I continually see a goodly number posted in HD/bluray 'groups' all the time, so don't limit yourself to 'proper' groups in your search.

chrash
02-02-2014, 01:04 PM
There's a ton of old skool in alt.binaries.music.jungle - if you search for sour 1993 for example there are nearly 300 releases & clicking on the releasers name brings up a load more.