PDA

View Full Version : [Request] [REQUEST] Refugee requests: GFT, HDBits, or PTP (or similar)

ajg
01-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Hi all. Was (& still am) a member of a very respectable (& low member count) three-letter-abbreviated private tracker that has not been on line since late December. Won't mention name as I know they did value their privacy. I've heard rumours that it is gone forever. It is amazing how upsetting it is to see one of your favourite sites disappear, with great staff and community, that you visit everyday, for years!

I am now down two private trackers and they don't seem to have alot of stuff I am looking for, unfortunately. They are quite specific trackers and offer nothing in the way of movies, etc.

Does anyone have any invites to sites that might be a decent substitute? I have decent upload speeds (5-6MBps), always seeding and prefer sites with a decent community & small membership base as I prefer to keep my profile low.

Happy to provide a screenshot of the sites I am active on. I don't know what I can offer in return, except for my gratitude :-(

Thanks regardless, everyone. Very sad to see XXX go offline.

SPEEDTEST: https://unsee.cc/mabuho/

IdolEyes787
01-25-2014, 06:58 PM
refˇuˇgee

a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.

refˇuˇgee

: someone who has been forced to leave a country because of war or for religious or political reasons

refˇuˇgee

one that flees; especially : a person who flees to a foreign country or power to escape danger or persecution

I'm missing the part where you're suffering through any of the above.

Also FTN because apparently I respect people here more than you do.

ajg
01-25-2014, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE]refˇuˇgee

I'm missing the part where you're suffering through any of the above.

Also FTN because apparently I respect people here more than you do.
[/LIST]

[/FONT]

No offence meant, IdolEyes. I was being slightly over-extreme, I admit. :-) First world problems!

I am not sure what you meant by my [dis]respecting the people here... I know that FTN try to keep out of the spotlight and I was trying to respect that. Not sure how that would offend anyone, but I apologise if it did.

IdolEyes787
01-25-2014, 07:44 PM
I know in the rules it says not to use the full name or url but FTN is OK.

Or maybe I just imagined that because it makes more sense.

Also you didn't offend me but maybe you should apologize to all the actual refugees.

SgtMajor
01-25-2014, 08:02 PM
http://www.thegft.org/open_signup.php

Although why you would want to join an open signup tracker(s) over a closed invite only larger tracker defies logic, imho of course.

ajg
01-25-2014, 08:24 PM
http://www.thegft.org/open_signup.php

Although why you would want to join an open signup tracker(s) over a closed invite only larger tracker defies logic, imho of course.

Thanks, SgtMajor. To tell the truth, I was really just looking for a small, private, high quality tracker and TheGFT looked good. Didn;t realise it was open signup. Thanks for the heads-up, I will look for something else.

Any suggestions would be great.

SgtMajor
01-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Seriously, TorrentDay.com, shitload of torrents, everything you ever need, always loads of seeders, has thriving apps & XXX sections, even has FLAC content :shrugs:, has a points system for seeding, I don't get involved in the forums though, it's not what I was looking for, and without wishing to teach you to suck eggs, being a sardine in the large swarms there makes me feel unnoticed :naughty:

IPT has similar but they have changed their seeding system, so for newcomers is not user friendly, and TL doesn't have XXX, and Bitsoup is all about the $$$, other members here might have differing opinions on what suits them, and you may wish to see what they suggest :)

ajg
01-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Seriously, TorrentDay.com, shitload of torrents, everything you ever need, always loads of seeders, has thriving apps & XXX sections, even has FLAC content :shrugs:, has a points system for seeding, I don't get involved in the forums though, it's not what I was looking for, and without wishing to teach you to suck eggs, being a sardine in the large swarms there makes me feel unnoticed :naughty:

IPT has similar but they have changed their seeding system, so for newcomers is not user friendly, and TL doesn't have XXX, and Bitsoup is all about the $$$, other members here might have differing opinions on what suits them, and you may wish to see what they suggest :)

OK, that is fantastic advice. Much appreciated. I am a member of BitmeTV, which is great, but feels somewhat like Bitsoup... all about the $. TorrentDay sounds good. Shame they are selling invites, though. I feel safer (just my opinion, it is probably just as safe as some of the more secure privates) when sites are a bit tighter with allowing access.

Anyway, thanks again.