PDA

View Full Version : Dvd coverter programs

jimmyblackcab
02-06-2014, 11:52 PM
CAN ANYONE PLEASE RECOMMEND A GOOD DVD CONVERTER SO THAT I CAN CONVERT GRAND KIDS DISNEY DVDs TO PUT ON THEIR I PADS PLEASE:unsure:

megabyteme
02-07-2014, 12:59 AM
I hope you don't shout at your grand kids like this. :no:

jimmyblackcab
02-08-2014, 11:54 PM
not the answer i was hoping for but if you mean the CAPITAL LETTERS then didnt really notice it was just in caps mode SORRY

megabyteme
02-09-2014, 12:37 AM
No problem, really. :)

Here (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/254353-Best-software-for-converting-video-files) is a long-running thread which should give you a number of choices. I'd start at the end and work forward to find out which ones are most currently being used.

REDBULL2K7
02-20-2014, 09:44 PM
freemake video does the job

Beck38
02-21-2014, 07:08 PM
You need to define more accurately what your end goal is.

What codec (audio and video) do you want to convert to, and what is the source codecs? If you're talking DVD's (and personally, I'm getting tired of folks calling Blurays 'dvds') then you're talking Mpeg2 to x. I'm assuming that you have a lot of different codecs that the target device can handle, all with different rates and qualities.

There are tons of programs out there, like I said, what compression ratios you want as a target (and how much processing time/effort) will define which to use. So you need to do some more research to better define your goal.

donutfunky
02-22-2014, 09:38 PM
From past experiences, DVDFab is one of the easiest and quickest to use for beginners. If you want something more configurable, have a look at Handbrake. Handbrake is my personal favourite and it has not failed me yet.

Skiz
02-23-2014, 02:58 AM
You need to define more accurately what your end goal is.

What codec (audio and video) do you want to convert to, and what is the source codecs? If you're talking DVD's (and personally, I'm getting tired of folks calling Blurays 'dvds') then you're talking Mpeg2 to x. I'm assuming that you have a lot of different codecs that the target device can handle, all with different rates and qualities.

There are tons of programs out there, like I said, what compression ratios you want as a target (and how much processing time/effort) will define which to use. So you need to do some more research to better define your goal.

Since its on an iPad I would assume mp4.

bodo
02-23-2014, 11:30 PM
Your best bet would be to first rip the dvd with dvdfabdecrypter, then convert the files to mp4 with a proggie like Vidcoder (thats popular at the moment).
I have also found syncios to be good at converting also (and transfering)

Wam7
03-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Simplest way is to use Handbrake to convert to .mp4 and just import using ITunes.