PDA

View Full Version : Best usenet provider for posting?

johhny
02-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Can someone reccommend which are the best for posting?

I had a bad experience with newshosting.

Beck38
02-07-2014, 09:58 PM
*(obviously)* you'll want someone that you can buy a block account with, and that doesn't 'ding' the bytes when you post.

Also, you probably want someone physically close to you, although with JBinUp auto-checking the posting, that's probably a bit more minor these days. Also, you'll need/want to check propagation/completion from another server (maybe on the same continent, but with the ability to go across an ocean to check as well when things look 'dodgy'). You can use your 'main' unlimited account for this, partially or completely.

You might want to get several small block accounts with folks for this purpose as well as posting. I use an account over 10 years old, bought with a prepaid card that's untraceable; at the same time, I purchased several block accounts with different services that would accept prepaid (some didn't, and there are some today that still don't).

Also, if you haven't thought of it, get a good VPN service, particularly if your ISP is reverse-hacking it's users.

Over the 10 years plus I've been using an Astraweb block account to post, maybe twice I've seen serious wobbles in propagation, and one of those time I could point the finger at Astra. That's pretty **** good.

There are somewhat occasional slowdowns, but using JBinUp means that your posting is as close to 100% as is possible; MUCH better than Powerpost or it's clones.

Start it up and walk away, put your network and the posting machine on a good UPS, come back x hours/days/weeks/months later, and it's all done.