PDA

View Full Version : the walking dead

snrrr
02-07-2014, 09:08 PM
any one know when the walking dead starts agian in the us ?
i dont get fox in the uk and this site has the files so i can catch up
i know is soon and its normally on a sunday

Stehle
02-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Yeah this Sunday (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/448178-The-catch-all-movie-TV-comment-thread/page29?p=3731839&viewfull=1#post3731839)

(I forgot too.) :alien:

jlbrown16
02-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Sweet! This season had a terrible start but they made up for it

IdolEyes787
02-07-2014, 10:51 PM
At this point I would kill myself but with my luck I would come back as a brainless zombie who ironically would still be irked by how stupid people on this site appear to be..

freestyleruk
02-08-2014, 10:11 AM
looking forward to it, hope it kicks off with a bang again

Stehle
02-08-2014, 07:09 PM
At this point I would kill myself but with my luck I would come back as a brainless zombie who ironically would still be irked by how stupid people on this site appear to be..

Fixed! ;)

(You already had that aspect covered.) :alien:

IdolEyes787
02-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Clearly you didn't see Land of the Dead or Warm Bodies.

IdolEyes787
02-15-2014, 05:44 PM
The Walking Dead is starting to buy into it's own hype which is basically the surest way to ruin a series.

I watch The Talking Dead and it's sad the magnitude of tongue bathing they give each other for something that in reality is only interesting for the zombies.
I mean how much do we actually know about any of the characters or their motivations or their interpersonal relationships?

The producers also seem determined "for the sake of reality" to make the cast as fifthly as possible now.

Seriously "reality" went out the window with "zombie apocalypse" and giving everyone greasy hair is just pointlessly disgusting.

The next episode looks better though.
Mostly because there's no Rick or Carl or Michonne.

mjmacky
02-15-2014, 10:48 PM
I had almost forgotten how excited I was when I saw Michonne first appear. I thought I was still enjoying the series until I recalled that I used to anticipate each new episode. What is this called again? I'm going along with it to see a couple of good scenes and finish it.

IdolEyes787
02-16-2014, 12:43 AM
To be fair,it's hard to be interested in the show when there are so few characters left that I actually like,even a little.
At the threat of being sexist,Maggie,Beth and Carol,possibly.
I liked Hershel until he became a zombie head and Rick,when he wasn't so grating and morally hypocritical.I want to like Daryl because he's such a straight shooter and a badass but he's unfortunately become more background noise than anything.

It's like with his character,every once and a while one of the writers says "Time to have Daryl do something cool so everybody still knows he's there".

Anyway how many days to the start of Game of Thrones?

haggelz
02-16-2014, 06:54 AM
hope its a good season, last season sucked balls

dadann
02-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Last one wasn't so bad imho :unsure:

IdolEyes787
02-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Last one wasn't so bad imho :unsure:

No it wasn't be considering that The Walking Dead is the most popular show on TV,"not so bad" is simply not good enough.
See "Damning with faint praise".

KillerMoth
02-23-2014, 10:10 PM
The show is kind of depressing, but it is very entertaining.

pandalord
02-23-2014, 10:14 PM
This 2nd half of the season is pretty awesome. Its foreshadowing what it to come pretty well. I see the gang coming back together soon.

fatcat72
02-23-2014, 10:15 PM
its back on in USA

its back on in the usa

slippery49
02-24-2014, 01:18 AM
and fasttracked to some countries,

but if it goes on USA then nice people make it available

abigdork
02-27-2014, 06:43 PM
This season has me actually feeling like I cant wait for the next episode...last season it was like meh, I could wait.

flipflop1968
03-07-2014, 12:06 AM
I have all 12 episodes of season 4 that have aired so far and i am waiting to get all 16 episodes before starting to watch it.
and then i will probably watch 4 episodes a night .:D

IdolEyes787
03-08-2014, 12:37 AM
I have all 12 episodes of season 4 that have aired so far and i am waiting to get all 16 episodes before starting to watch it.
and then i will probably watch 4 episodes a night .:D

Utterly fascinating.No really.

Anyway I know Meg will disagree mostly because he's a cunt but something vaguely human is lost in watching shows in that manner as everyone watching stuff when it's originally aired is sort of one of those shared conscious bonding things.
Like a concert or a sporting event but less expensive and with more commercials. :)

Before you disagree Meg cunt,think Superbowl and how different the societal effect would be if everybody got a tape of it and viewed it at their leisure.:mellow:

Now disprove the point pod boy.

Also I am preparing to kill someone if they off Beth as they are certainly setting things up that way.

Not a spoiler,mere speculation and since she is the last one left holding onto any hope or innocence,it would be pretty cold to off her.

IdolEyes787
03-20-2014, 05:11 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/20u6xf/im_robert_kirkman_creator_of_the_walking_dead_ama/

Apparently in terms of offing the existing cast, the worst is yet to come.

PS Fuck you cliffhangers.

mikeyPizzle
03-21-2014, 11:23 PM

two more episodes left and that including this weekends. Only 1 more after :(

IdolEyes787
03-22-2014, 01:18 AM

two more episodes left and that including this weekends. Only 1 more after :(

Sometimes when they are removed I always check the pirate - it's old faithful as I say

Would it be asking too much to remove these posts as the pointless spam they are?
Would it be also asking too much to expect members to say something pertinent to the subject or be forced to stroll out into the street to be run over my a pizza delivery car?:)

Pertinent being,you know, actually something to do with the fucking show.

Stehle
03-26-2014, 01:11 AM
I actually felt good after last Sunday's episode, (the reuniting of a couple after all they've been through made the show human again IMHO.), BUT feel the indoctrination technique of "Terminus", (insert plot from any subversive group movie), will be dastardly and set the premise for the up coming seasons storyline.

(Hope it's strong enough to captivate along with all the frequent beheading.) :alien:

("something pertinent" and I have some easy at home pizza recipes.) :alien:

IdolEyes787
03-26-2014, 04:36 PM
So the big question is "Cannibals or " (as that woman at Terminus was Denis Crosby (yeah I wouldn't have recognized her either) STTNG spinoff?":unsure:

sneezy
04-05-2014, 01:07 AM
So, in the final episode, Rick and the rest of his group supposedly are being careful by checking things out and waiting before going in to Terminus. Then after a couple hours, they just all hop the fence together without ever actually seeing anyone. That's not very careful. Why wouldn't they send in 1 or 2 and have the rest watch what happened or at least wait until they had sighted some of the actual Terminus citizens.

Also, although it looks like the Terminus people are going to be cannibals, it seems too soon after the zombie apocalypse for that. There is plenty of food to be had, and no need to eat people yet. If you read "The Road" by McCarthy which has similar themes, people ate up all the regular food before turning cannibal.

IdolEyes787
04-05-2014, 03:54 PM
So, in the final episode, Rick and the rest of his group supposedly are being careful by checking things out and waiting before going in to Terminus. Then after a couple hours, they just all hop the fence together without ever actually seeing anyone. That's not very careful. Why wouldn't they send in 1 or 2 and have the rest watch what happened or at least wait until they had sighted some of the actual Terminus citizens.

Also, although it looks like the Terminus people are going to be cannibals, it seems too soon after the zombie apocalypse for that. There is plenty of food to be had, and no need to eat people yet. If you read "The Road" by McCarthy which has similar themes, people ate up all the regular food before turning cannibal.

I get what you're saying but demanding logical,realistic actions from characters on a zombie TV show based on a comic book is sort of silly,don't you think?

As for Terminus and cannibalism,that was so obvious that it has to be a misdirection as shows like this with massive nerd fan bases love to demonstrate how they are smarter than their viewers.Although the line that went something like " We grow stronger by those we take in" may prove me wrong.:unsure:

Also you are assuming that cannibalism is totally about food and historically that simply isn't the case.

piercerseth
04-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Next Idol will try convincing you To Serve Man is more than just a simple treatise on indentured labour.

winderclown
04-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Cannibalism is part food, part power, part culture. I'm sure at this point it's just a part of their culture, waste not want not.

teflon05
04-06-2014, 05:54 PM
My guess is that it's going to involve forced labor (slavery) and maybe forcing the women into bearing children...

Or, cannibalism :smilie4: