PDA

View Full Version : NZB's Search Box

drunkenm4ster
02-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Hi All,
Is anyone having difficulties using the search box for NZB's?
I have been trying to search for titles, where the search results state nothing found.
Trying different iterations\wildcards etc still yields 0 results.
E.g. Searching for Fringe - no results.
Whereas when going through the extensive listing, page by page, I was able to find the required file.
I have tried a couple of titles I know exist but again the same negative outcome.
Am I doing something wrong, as user error is the first point of direction in most cases.
Thanks

DiRTDOG187
02-10-2014, 04:20 PM
I have had the difficulties also. I even try to use a "*" for wild card also and my result are the same as yours. No complaining :whistling

anon
02-10-2014, 06:34 PM
The search engine in this place breaks frustratingly often. Here (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/455127-Whats-up-with-the-search) are some alternatives.

bugjuice
02-11-2014, 12:06 AM
yeah, seems pretty clunky

freebird
02-11-2014, 01:16 AM
having issues here too

drunkenm4ster
02-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Thanks to all esp Anon, glad its not just me.
No probs will try the following method as mentioned previously - site:filesharingtalk.com inurl:.com/nzbs/

SgtMajor
02-13-2014, 11:59 AM
No probs will try the following method as mentioned previously - site:filesharingtalk.com inurl:.com/nzbs/

quick & dirty way is - site:filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/ ??? where ??? = subject say UFC or gravity

site:filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/ ufc

site:filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/ gravity

so you could make

site:filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/ (https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&safe=off&q=site%3Afilesharingtalk.com%2Fnzbs%2F&oq=site%3Afilesharingtalk.com%2Fnzbs%2F)

a bookmark, then add your search query on the end

you could even start to get clever and omit what you don't want returned, such as

site:filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/ [prisoner] -potter

Where you want to watch The Prisoner, but don't want Harry Potter results shown, in the end it works better than the actual search function if you learn it.

drunkenm4ster
02-16-2014, 01:12 PM

quick & dirty way is - site:filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/ ??? where ??? = subject say UFC or gravity

site:filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/ ufc

site:filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/ gravity

so you could make

site:filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/ (https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&safe=off&q=site%3Afilesharingtalk.com%2Fnzbs%2F&oq=site%3Afilesharingtalk.com%2Fnzbs%2F)

a bookmark, then add your search query on the end

you could even start to get clever and omit what you don't want returned, such as

site:filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/ [prisoner] -potter

Where you want to watch The Prisoner, but don't want Harry Potter results shown, in the end it works better than the actual search function if you learn it.

Brilliant SgtMajor, much appreciated. Your profile picture made me giggle and reminisce...Meet the gang cos the boys are here!

dahnryman
02-24-2014, 02:26 AM
that's good information