PDA

View Full Version : Newsleecher suddenly lost all settings, anybody help please???

sadsack
02-14-2014, 04:24 AM
Hi all,

Hope I've posted this in the right place.....

Here goes, up until a days ago my newleecher had been running super fine, I had my paid and free servers added and a whole bunch of subscribed groups all of which had been placed into categories.

Then suddenly today everything has disappeared, even the amount i had downloaded over the months/years had been returned to "0".

just wanted to know if there was an easy way to recover my settings,.... I tried a rollback (no good).. I tried the "press f12" as you run newsleecher that didn't work, could do with a bit of help please chaps if anyone has any ideas/opinions would be very much appreciated.

cheers all
sadsack

p.s. xp, sp3, newsleecher v 4 final.

justlooking
02-14-2014, 01:29 PM
I guess the first thing to do is to check if the settings are still on the HD. They're in Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Newsleecher. If not I don't know what else you can do. I doubt they're in the recycle bin and System Restore doesn't back up files like that. Windows has a Backup And Restore but you obviously didn't use it or a 3rd party program.

sadsack
02-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the input justlooking.....
I tried a rollback, but that was a no go.... after doing some more research, it seems I'm not alone, it seems to happen to a lot of people regardless of hardware or version of program.
I have now made a backup of where newsleecher keeps all of its files, (all i have to do, is to remember to keep backing up the folder).... till next time. lol

SgtMajor
02-14-2014, 09:56 PM
p.s. xp, sp3, newsleecher v 4 final.

:lol: I'm not the only die-hard "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Migrate to Windows 8.1? I never made it to vista (altho it's on my laptop sadly) and win 7 yet (been meaning to do this for ages now tho) hehe :P