PDA

View Full Version : *Suggestion* NZB Section Going private

nzber1ca
02-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Any guest can browse this section but once they try to download the login screen comes up. Would it be possible for the *NZB SECTION* to go private as ask for the login when you click on it. How it is now seems not to protect the poster info and shows who is posting & What's being posted.

SgtMajor
02-16-2014, 12:36 PM
I doubt the admin and/or owners, who, unlike other community based nzb sites that you may have belonged to, you will hardly ever see them here getting active with the membership, and so doubt will take that action you suggest, here is all about visitor numbers.

Just as you never know who downloaded the nzb, the membership don't even have to say thanks, you can get 100 downloads and 1 thanks.

This is not a nzb site with a strong sense of community, as you have found out in the lounge, indeed they in there would prefer no nzbs at all :)

But it is a decent site for general info on other filesharing matters too, on top of sharing & grabbing some nzbs.

I can only suggest that unlike your previous singular place, you now have 2 or 3 nzb sites where you can share what you have, and get what you need indeed nzbgrabit.sx is not that bad, 100s of ex-royalty members are now there as well as here, always best to have a back-up plan :D

If you are overly worried about your security, PM admin to ask for a username change, you willl know me from Royalty, but under a different name :D

And take your time in getting to know your way round here, as you will notice, 99% don't bother with the forums anyway :lol:

nzber1ca
02-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Alright, Just a question. Yes i can see this isn't a family community like what i'm used to.

piercerseth
02-16-2014, 05:34 PM
It's a thankless job. If you don't like doing it you probably won't get on well here. I've mentioned your same concerns about the NZB section some time ago; right now fixing nfo fetching should be top on the list.

The site's dealing with the fallout from controversial rule changes. Brought out some of the most ignorant, lazy, entitled users seen. The vets are frazzled and pray we won't see an encore. The Royalty diaspora seem smarter--you guys don't ask nearly as many stupid questions or need the hand holding.

mjmacky
02-16-2014, 07:16 PM
My assessment of the nature of this place is a filesharing community without a one-track mind (excepting several members focused on usenet servers, tracker uptime, and virginity).

I guess that means I don't really care what happens to the nzb section, and as a bonus, my opinion doesn't even matter in the slightest.

SgtMajor
02-16-2014, 09:07 PM
It's a thankless job. If you don't like doing it you probably won't get on well here. .

I've a feeling she won't be back, she being a sensitive soul took the harshness to heart, and sadly has also taken her uploads elsewhere.

To some what is poking fun to and at the noobs to others it is cyber bullying and can be taken very personally indeed, especially by young impressionable vulnerable people looking for a friendly place to frequent.

megabyteme
02-16-2014, 09:17 PM
To some what is poking fun to and at the noobs to others it is cyber bullying and can be taken very personally indeed, especially by young impressionable vulnerable people looking for a friendly place to frequent.

We've seen other little girls cry of cyber bullying, too. It hurts when they say mean stuff like that. :cry:

IdolEyes787
02-16-2014, 09:44 PM
Cyberbullying can be serious stuff but I hardly think this equates to cyperbullying.
If you know of anyone moved to kill themselves by anything written here (I mean besides me) then please me know so I can admit to being wrong.

Anyway,weird world where people are fine with scurrying around in the darkness like cockroaches in order to steal stuff but apparently have problems with someone merely speaking his mind.:mellow:

piercerseth
02-17-2014, 03:21 AM
I've a feeling she won't be back, she being a sensitive soul took the harshness to heart, and sadly has also taken her uploads elsewhere.

That's unfortunate, and I'm sorry to hear.

On to the next one.

McGyverBane
02-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Ban the bullies!

jnp
02-26-2014, 03:25 AM
Seems like it would just make things more complex for no good reason.

Vestibule
02-26-2014, 03:34 AM
It's a thankless job.

piercerseth
02-26-2014, 05:30 AM
You're welcome. And Bowie at that! :)

bikertyke
03-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Didn't realise there was an NZB section here. I wasn't looking for that when I joined. Its refreshing to browse a site where you can talk about other forums and torrent sites. Get to know all the news about what's happening throughout the scene.

Some on here will know me from Royalty and Grabit as I've kept my username the same. Don't be shy say hi.

Cheers Biker